Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: So what's the line on Farve retiring for good mid-season?

I was going to go for "sado-masochistic pick tosser," but I digress.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #22
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
ROFLMAO, where's the personal jab? My comment was 100% on topic.
"You obviously have no clue what you are talking about."
Sounds to me like a comment on the poster.
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ROFLMAO, where's the personal jab? My comment was 100% on topic.
I think the point was that everyone is allowed an opinion without being told "they have no clue what they're talking about."
I know Vin pretty good. I'm absolutely certain he has a real good clue about everything he's talking about.
If I disagreed with him, I'd ask him why he thought that way, because I'd value his input, and appreciate his insight. It's probably a more respectful way to handle a disagreement, whatever it may be.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #24
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
When my wife found the pictures online, "I didn't know Farve was Irish"
And this was on topic?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #25
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Between the dope smoker and the octogenarian I don't really care if they become the LA Drag Queens.
The Vikings are perennial annoyances to any fans that have hope they will ever hold the Lombardi, and they never will.
Or this was on topic?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #26
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

I guess I just have thicker skin, or don't need anybody else to stand up for me. If someone says I have no clue what I'm talking about, I can handle that cause I'm a man. I don't need someone else to fight my battles.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #27
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I was disappointed with last night's game. They should not take this long to find a groove. Our defense is STELLAR. Holding the Jets to ZERO TD's with how long they held the football? But the Jets did tame Jared Allen.

Running game is decent.

Percy Harvin + Moss + Rice would be a real contender.

Are all the pieces there? Yep. Just need to put them together. My .02.

I have NO idea why they didn't put Moss in motion ONCE.
You know why they may not be able to get all the pieces to work well together? COACHING!!! I have said it hundreds of times that Chili as a head coach will NOT get them the rings they want. Frazier as HC might. They decisions and playcalling and gameplan pretty much suck from week to week.

The running game is better than decent...they just don't run enough. AP has only 18 carries in a game where it was a slog fest in the first half? Are you f'in kidding me? Run your horse!!! He's one of the top 2 backs in the game! Use the running game to open up the passing game!

As for the D, I'll borrow a take that I've heard...Allen disappears against the top tackles. Ferguson essentially ate him up last night. He will terrorize the weaker tackles, but the best of the best have very little trouble with him it seems. I'd expect him to be able to beat one of them occasionally. However, he DOES make plays down the line and has chased things down from the backside, so I won't completely rake him over the coals on this one. But for the kind of $ he's making and his reputation...

Why not put Moss in motion? He has no idea what the terminology and anything else they'll need him to do is. Look at the routes they had him running: flys. posts, post corners...essentially all deep routes. Once he actually learns the offense and has a better grip on what's going on on the plays, they'll be able to move him around and utilize his talents even more. think about this...even with his limited knowledge of the O and 2 TOP CBs on the opponent, he still had 80yds and a score. Plus, how his presence opened up the middle for Harvin. I hope that we'll see things open up more for Shiancoe as defenses try to keep an eye on Harvin AND Moss.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #28
Wanger

Quote:
LOL, this I can't necessarily agree with either though!

LOL...I forgot about that on your bike, Wade!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #29
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post

Why not put Moss in motion? He has no idea what the terminology and anything else they'll need him to do is. Look at the routes they had him running: flys. posts, post corners...essentially all deep routes. Once he actually learns the offense and has a better grip on what's going on on the plays, they'll be able to move him around and utilize his talents even more. think about this...even with his limited knowledge of the O and 2 TOP CBs on the opponent, he still had 80yds and a score. Plus, how his presence opened up the middle for Harvin. I hope that we'll see things open up more for Shiancoe as defenses try to keep an eye on Harvin AND Moss.
Agreed, hell, Moss only had three days to get some limited knowledge of the offense. He's never worked in a west coast offense, it'll take some time.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #30
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
LOL...I forgot about that on your bike, Wade!
LOL, it's just vinyl decals and will come off when his name/# are put in the Packers ring of fame. But for now...
Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #31
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I can handle that cause I'm a man. I don't need someone else to fight my battles.
No one is fighting anyone else's battles, the Mods try to keep comments relevant to topics (even if it is insulting Brett Favre) and not about insulting other members.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #32
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
You know why they may not be able to get all the pieces to work well together? COACHING!!! I have said it hundreds of times that Chili as a head coach will NOT get them the rings they want. Frazier as HC might. They decisions and playcalling and gameplan pretty much suck from week to week.

The running game is better than decent...they just don't run enough. AP has only 18 carries in a game where it was a slog fest in the first half? Are you f'in kidding me? Run your horse!!! He's one of the top 2 backs in the game! Use the running game to open up the passing game!

As for the D, I'll borrow a take that I've heard...Allen disappears against the top tackles. Ferguson essentially ate him up last night. He will terrorize the weaker tackles, but the best of the best have very little trouble with him it seems. I'd expect him to be able to beat one of them occasionally. However, he DOES make plays down the line and has chased things down from the backside, so I won't completely rake him over the coals on this one. But for the kind of $ he's making and his reputation...

Agree completely. I was understating the "decent" running game lol. And I agree that the largest area for improvement is the coaching.

As far as Moss, I think he's a great receiver, and just don't like to see him used as a decoy. I get the idea behind it, though. Obviously, as the case was with the Harvin TD pass.

Quote:
Agreed, hell, Moss only had three days to get some limited knowledge of the offense. He's never worked in a west coast offense, it'll take some time.
Agreed. For some reason I completely dismissed the fact that he had so little time to learn new plays/strategies.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #33
Zens7s

In my own self-absorbed way I hope Favre makes it all the way through this season. I've said since his bullshit prima donna pre-season behavior that he wasn't going to lead the Vikings anywhere but down this season. As a Bear fan this comes in handy to only have two teams that matter in the NFC North.

However I don't think his body is going to hold up. One more good shot to that ankle like he got from the Bears at the end of last season and it's doneski.

Plus he isn't bright enough to realize that taking pictures of your junk only impresses 13 year old girls and possibly 5% of the female population over the age of 18. Flag on the play.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #34
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
the Mods try to keep comments relevant to topics (even if it is insulting Brett Favre) and not about insulting other members.
And as I said, my comment was on topic. I could care less if someone insults Brendt Farve, I have no relations to him, however my comment was correct, the person who I first quoted has no clue as to what he's talking about if he feels that Farve really is only concerned with himself and his records. As much as I loathe Brendt for going to the Vikings, his passion for the game is purely based on winning, period. I DJ a tailgate party at Brett Favres Steakhouse for every home game and more private parties for the Packers than I can count. I've had a great number of conversations with #4 in the past and would call him a friend, as he would me. In no way shape or form is his motivation personal or record related. So yes, in this situation, the person I quoted has no clue as to what the hell he's talking about...although he is entitled to his opinion.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #35
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
As far as Moss, I think he's a great receiver, and just don't like to see him used as a decoy. I get the idea behind it, though. Obviously, as the case was with the Harvin TD pass.
Well...against many other teams when running that play, it won't be a simple decoy. He can and WILL be open deep on that route, but if the defense can actually take it away from them (as NY did on that particular play), then Harvin underneath (or Shiancoe) is the money route. Sometimes you gotta design plays to clear areas for other players, like that one, and depending on how it's play, what you expect to be covered may actually be open. That's the beauty of having a player like Moss. And with how many times they tried to actually throw to him on the "go" route, I didn't see him being a decoy all that often.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #36
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zens7s View Post
he wasn't going to lead the Vikings anywhere but down this season. As a Bear fan this comes in handy to only have two teams that matter in the NFC North.
1) Packers

who's the second team?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #37
Wanger

Quote:
1) Packers

who's the second team?
They gonna have any healthy players to use?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #38
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
Well...against many other teams when running that play, it won't be a simple decoy. He can and WILL be open deep on that route, but if the defense can actually take it away from them (as NY did on that particular play), then Harvin underneath (or Shiancoe) is the money route. Sometimes you gotta design plays to clear areas for other players, like that one, and depending on how it's play, what you expect to be covered may actually be open. That's the beauty of having a player like Moss. And with how many times they tried to actually throw to him on the "go" route, I didn't see him being a decoy all that often.
100% in agreement. Favre threw to Moss plenty, but Cromartie covered him like a warm blanket. Moss drawing double coverage is just as good as Moss catching the ball. Shianco is a freakin' stud and will benefit from Randy being on the team.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #39
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Quote:
They gonna have any healthy players to use?
LOL, so I guess that leaves 0 teams for the Bears to worry about this season in the NFC North.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #40
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
So yes, in this situation, the person I quoted has no clue as to what the hell he's talking about...although he is entitled to his opinion.
As the Mods are entitled to have conditions they expect members to adhere to on the board.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote