Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Staying in Ybor City...

O will be in Tampa Sept 23-26/27th. Trying to stay in Ybor City. I have never been and thought I'd ask around here. Is it a safe area? What about hotels? I prefer Hilton or Marriot chains and preferably the lower end of the chains since it is a company funded trip. Anyone going to be around?
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Staying in Ybor City...

During the day great place. At night, can be dangerous, stay on main strip. There is one big hotel, can't remember name. Channel side is a few miles away and has plenty of hotels.

I might be able to make it down for a herf
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I'll keep that in mind and let you know what my plan is
Old 09-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Channel side is downtown tampa
Old 09-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
badbriar

I recommend staying in a good area of Tampa or Orlando and driving to Ybor City daytime. As was said, can be dangerous in some areas at night. Definitely best to stay on the main street areas. If you go, try to hit Cigar city brewing co. Killer Maduro Stout Ale!!!
RR
Old 09-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
Channel side is downtown tampa
The Channel District is only about 2 miles from Ybor. That's close enough to Ybor City that you'll be able to spend a good amount of time checking it out, but once it gets late you can be in a little safer area.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Yeah that's what the guy I'm working with mentioned. He is making reservations. Cigar City Brewing is for sure on the list.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

The Columbia restaurant has some damned good food. It's on 7th Ave.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar

Don't let us completely scare you on Ybor at night. Still a fun place and some things to do. Just stay on main strip in lighted areas and take a cab in and out or park in the main garages. Do Not park in the lawn lots off the main strip. As soon as those lots are full the attendants leave. But Ybor at night is interesting.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #10
JJKJR
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
JJKJR is on a distinguished road

I travel to Ybor City often, both day and night and have not had any problems. If you enjoy staying in historic places, let me recommend the Don Vincente. It's a block or two north of 7th Avenue which is the "main street" in Ybor. Also a great cigar bar is King Corona, located on 7th. They serve food as well. Be sure to get a Cafe Corona and check out their locally rolled cigars. A Nicaraguan Suenos is a must try.

Let me add that there is great and safe paid parking off of 8th (one block North) of 7th. You pay at a pay station and put your ticket on the dash of your vehicle.
JJKJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
Don't let us completely scare you on Ybor at night. Still a fun place and some things to do. Just stay on main strip in lighted areas and take a cab in and out or park in the main garages. Do Not park in the lawn lots off the main strip. As soon as those lots are full the attendants leave. But Ybor at night is interesting.
This!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Sounds like my kinda place