Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Is TUF different this season? Used to be one loss and you were gone, unless you were brought back because another fighter got injured or kicked off.
Yeah, it's basically the same but they stay on to train and help the fighters still going. They were hinting hard at a fighter not being able to continue and Kimblo getting a second chance. I hope he does so he can lose again.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #822
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Yeah, it's basically the same but they stay on to train and help the fighters still going. They were hinting hard at a fighter not being able to continue and Kimblo getting a second chance. I hope he does so he can lose again.
Thanks Greg.

Yeah, I would hate to be some Joe and meet Kimbo in a dark alley, but he is definitely not a UFC caliber fighter at this point.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #823
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thanks Greg.

Yeah, I would hate to be some Joe and meet Kimbo in a dark alley, but he is definitely not a UFC caliber fighter at this point.
He isn't even a minor league caliber mma fighter, imo. He wants to go to Greg Jacksons camp and train to try to learn some bjj. Bas tried to help him with ground fighting last year and Bas ended up kicking him out because he wouldn't listen.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #824
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
He isn't even a minor league caliber mma fighter, imo. He wants to go to Greg Jacksons camp and train to try to learn some bjj. Bas tried to help him with ground fighting last year and Bas ended up kicking him out because he wouldn't listen.
From what I have seen of him, I would agree...but I still don't want to fight him.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #825
Steelergar

I have not seen a whole lot of Roy Nelson fights but I did read his resume and he is a Renzo Gracie Blackbelt in BJJ. So he is more than some fat guy laying on people. I wouldn't be suprised if he wins TUF 10. That fat guy has better conditioning than any of the other fighters that have fought too.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #826
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelergar View Post
I have not seen a whole lot of Roy Nelson fights but I did read his resume and he is a Renzo Gracie Blackbelt in BJJ. So he is more than some fat guy laying on people. I wouldn't be suprised if he wins TUF 10. That fat guy has better conditioning than any of the other fighters that have fought too.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nelson won. He defeated Frank Mir in a grappling tourney so he really IS someone to be taken seriously on the ground.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #827
Steelergar

I was listening to the Ferrall show last night and I heard him talking about Dana White saying he runs the UFC by degrading fighters and talking smack on everybody. I guess Dana was on Opie and Anthony talking smack on Howard Stern. Its going to be funny to hear Howards reply on Monday.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #828
Steelergar

DREAM 11 Oct 6th at 3 am. Shinya Aoki and Hansen fight for the lightweight title, the 2nd round of the Super Hulk and final round of the featherweight tournament as well, should be good. Joe Warren from Team Quest and also trained by Faber for his last fight is the favorite for the feather weight tournament. Wish I could stay up for it but gotta work tomorrow morning. It should replay on HD net Fri at 1000 pm and Sat at 400 pm.

Last edited by Steelergar; 10-05-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #829
Steelergar

my bad, it starts at 700am, its going to be eggs and DREAM for breakfast for me.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #830
Steelergar

Its intermission for DREAM 11 and I gotta say every fight has been exciting. The Takaya vs Tokoro fight was one of the best fights Ive seen this year. Its on Justintv if your interested.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #831
Steelergar

I highly recommend watching DREAM 11 it was the best mma show I"ve seen this year. I wont say any spoilers incase you guys watch it Friday. They annouced Eddie Alvarez will be fighting the DEEP lightweight champion at DREAM 12 and Overeem will fight as well. Also Aoki was very vocal in calling out UFC in their claims to have the best fighters and said he could beat any of the UFC lightweights. On another note I have been nastradamus at picking mma fights. I went 4 for 4 today and picked the feather weight tournament winner at 3-1 odds. If I would haved picked all the fights I would have won them all.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #832
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

With all regards to Kimbo, I am not one that is going to hate on him. He's down at ATT getting his ass handed to him and apparently he is sticking with it. If the guy is trying to better himself and really put in the work, then great. Many people who train would be hard pressed to get out of Roy's crucifix.

If Jackson wasn't such an idiot he would have known to match up Kimbo early because common sense, logic, or any other word to describe the use of the brain and thought would tell you that Evans would imidiately match Roy & Kimbo.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #833
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
With all regards to Kimbo, I am not one that is going to hate on him. He's down at ATT getting his ass handed to him and apparently he is sticking with it. If the guy is trying to better himself and really put in the work, then great.
I have nothing against him wanting to learn but when it comes down to it, he is a straight up thug. He is supposedly going to leave ATT and go to Greg Jackson's camp to learn bjj.

Quote:
“He got arm-barred and Kimbo really doesn’t like to tap. He didn’t tap and the guy hurt his arm so he came back in there with a gun,” Wren told TapouT radio. “Cops were called and everyone went nuts.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,192156
Old 10-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #834
Steelergar

Guess who just made his way to STRIKEFORCE. Antonio Silva. He fights Werdum on the Fedor/Rodgers card. This might set up a superfight with Silva vs Fedor. Wherever Fedor goes the competition follows.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #835
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Gegard Mousasi vs Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou non-title fight booked for Nov. 7 Strikeforce event!

Mixed martial arts fans who were disappointed that Gegard Mousasi and Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou weren’t meeting in DREAM’s “Super Hulk Tournament,” fear not. “The Dreamcatcher” and “The African Assassin” will instead throw hands at the Nov. 7 “Fedor vs. Rogers” Strikeforce event on CBS.

Unfortunately for the Cameroonian, it won’t be for the Armenian’s light heavyweight title.

MMAmania.com has been able to confirm a Sherdog.com report that upon approval by the Illinois State Athletic Commission, Mousasi vs. Sokoudjou will complete the televised portion of the Strikeforce/CBS event, set to air on network television from the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.

The two were paired up for a showdown at DREAM 11 as part of the “Super Hulk” semifinals on Oct. 6, until a shoulder injury prevented Mousasi from competing.

He was quickly replaced by the brittle but reliable Bob “The Beast” Sapp, who was unceremoniously destroyed by Sokoudjou in the first round of their contest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz At UFC 106 CONFIRMED

The UFC has located a replacement to take on Tito Ortiz at UFC 106, and it appears that it will be a former foe. President Dana White has confirmed “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” will once again be making his Octagon return against “The Ultimate Fighter 1″ winner Forrest Griffin.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #836
Steelergar

I just got done watching WEC 43 and I enjoyed the last few fights. The Cerrone / Henderson fight had some crazy submission attempts by Cerrone and I thought he won the standup as well, he was putting henderson on his butt with leg kicks. But with 15 seconds left I lost connection to the fight as Cerrone was bending henderson's arm backwards. So I check Wiki to see the outcome and it says Henderson won by decision and under method its says robbery. lol. So what is this you win fights in WEC by getting dominated in the standup and escaping sub attempts in a title match. What a joke! In the Jansen fight the ref kept standing up the fight if nothing happened in a few seconds only for another takedown to happen. Isnt ground fight apart of MMA in WEC. I can see why Filho didn't like it there.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 AM   #837
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

It was a good event! I thought it was going to be a toss-up as to who would win but I was leaning toward Cerrone. I thought the first round was Cerrone's. Henderson winning the 2nd and 3rd but losing the 4th and 5th. Interesting decision for sure. I think Henderson's arms are made of rubber the way they were twisted around so much. lol And that ref was a defiantly hasty in his decision to stand them those guys up like he did.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #838
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Loved the DREAM 11 event. They consistently put on entertaining fights IMO. Loved the Takaya fight. Guy earned my respect.

If Bas couldn't train Kimbo...he can't be trained. Long live El Guapo!
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #839
Steelergar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
Loved the DREAM 11 event. They consistently put on entertaining fights IMO. Loved the Takaya fight. Guy earned my respect.

If Bas couldn't train Kimbo...he can't be trained. Long live El Guapo!
It seems like just about every DREAM or Sengoku event theres some up a coming guy putting on impresive fights. I think they truly have the next generation of fighters. TUF is a joke for the most part. Dan Hornbukle impresses me for Sengoku.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #840
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Been a little lazy about posting MMA news lately but here ya go: (long post)

Sengoku 11

Sengoku middleweight champ Jorge Santiago will face Mamed Khalidov and Kevin Randleman will take on Stanislav Nedkov at Sengoku 11 on Nov. 7 in Tokyo, World Victory Road announced today.

Santiago (21-7), who last fought in January when he captured the Sengoku title over Kazuo Misaki, has been on a tear the past two years after leaving the UFC late 2006 on two knockout losses. Since, the American Top Team fighter has won Strikeforce and Sengoku tournaments and would have looked to extend his win streak to ten in August against Vitor Belfort until the cancellation of the Affliction "Trilogy" event.

Khalidov (19-3-1), who won 16 straight bouts with the exception of a draw, is a striker with an exciting style that was on display to an American audience when he stopped Jason Guida at a ShoXC event one year ago. In May, the Polish fighter followed up the Showtime-televised win with a first-round knockout over PRIDE Bushido veteran Daniel Acacio at a KSW event in Poland.

The Sengoku title will not be on the line, but Khalidov says he hopes to challenge for the title with a win over Santiago.

In a light heavyweight bout, Randleman (17-13), coming off a decision loss to Mike Whitehead in June at Strikeforce, faces Nedkov (7-0), an undefeated fighter out of Bulgaria who won his Sengoku debut in May by stopping UFC veteran Travis Wiuff.

Sengoku 11 Fight Card:

- Michihiro Omigawa vs. Hatsu Hioki
- Yuji Hoshino vs. Marlon Sandro
- Shigeki Osawa vs. Ronnie Ushiwaka
- Eiji Mitsuoka vs. Kazunori Yokota
- Satoru Kitaoka vs. Jorge Masvidal
- "Big" Jim York vs. Dave Herman
- Jorge Santiago vs. Mamed Khalidov
- Kevin Randleman vs. Stanislav Nedkov
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spider camp: Anderson Silva will be able to fight at UFC 108

“Anderson pulled out some pieces of bones damaged because of the use of his elbows along the years. It’s a simple procedure and he will start training in a month. The surgery took place two and a half weeks ago so he will face Vitor Belfort. Everyone wants this fight, I want this fight. I just think it would be at 88kg whereas Vitor just returned to the event. Be calm people, Spider will throw his web again.”

Anderson Silva’s coach, Josuel Distak, is confident that his star pupil will be healthy enough to throw hands with Vitor Belfort at UFC 108, which is scheduled for Jan. 2, 2010. “The Spider” underwent a minor surgical procedure to remove bone fragments that had been giving his elbow trouble after many years of fighting. Like team mate Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, the recovery time is very quick and “The Phenom” should have his chance to do what no man in the UFC has done before him: Defeat Anderson Silva.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henderson, UFC fail to come to terms

Dan Henderson’s career with the Ultimate Fighting Championship has ground to a close in a contract stalemate, and the former two-division PRIDE champion appears on the verge of signing a deal with the rival Strikeforce promotion.

Henderson, 39, devastatingly knocked out Michael Bisping in the second round of their heavily hyped fight on July 11 at UFC 100 in Las Vegas, in the final fight of his contract.

The two-time former U.S. Olympic wrestler had hoped to use that victory as a springboard to a middleweight title match against Anderson Silva.

But Silva and his manager, Ed Soares, weren’t keen on fighting Henderson again and didn’t think he’d done enough to warrant a rematch. Silva submitted Henderson in the second round of their title fight at UFC 82 on March 1, 2008. Since then, Henderson defeated Rousimar Palhares, won a split decision over Rich Franklin and knocked out Bisping.

UFC president Dana White went back-and-forth on whether he’d make Silva-Henderson II, but said at UFC 103 in Dallas that he would give the next shot at Silva to Vitor Belfort, after Belfort scored a first-round knockout of former middleweight champion Rich Franklin.

Henderson could not be reached for comment Friday, but White confirmed he was unable to come to terms with Henderson. White did not immediately confirm whether the UFC retains the right to match contract offers under the terms of Henderson’s previous deal. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker did not return phone calls.

White, though, said he wanted to re-sign Henderson but couldn’t agree on the money in a new deal.

“We have a good relationship with Henderson, and there are no hard feelings,” White said. “He had a figure he believed he was worth, and we had our own figure, and we weren’t able to get together.”

White said he was disappointed to lose Henderson, but said he was confident the UFC would be able to recover.

“We always find a way,” White said.

UFC's loss will be Strickforce's gain, imo.

Brett Rogers on Fedor

"I've been working hard on my wrestling and ground skills so even if it does end up on the ground, I'll just scramble to my feet and continue to pick him apart"

"The main difference between me and him is that he will come out looking for a quick submission where as I'm going to be looking to knock his head into the 8th row. Don't get me wrong I respect him as a fighter, but he'll respect me even more when I lay it on him and knock him out."

"He can't afford to get sloppy with me like he did in the Arlovski fight, if he comes in looking like that again it's going to be a short night for him, I don't play around when I'm in there"

"He might be 30-1 but half those wins weren't even under MMA rules, if you only count his MMA fights our records would look about the same."

From what I understand and have read about Brett Rogers, he hasn't seen but one Fedor fight.

Cro Cop thought about "hanging himself" after last UFC loss

The Great Cro Cop did not feel so great after getting knocked out in Dallas and thought about 'hanging himself" to end it all in a Dallas Hotel. Here are his comments, very revealing. Wish Fedor would read them.

“I was very, very disturbed after the loss to Dos Santos. I was in such a state that I wished to hang myself in my hotel room so I would be gone. Three losses in my last seven fights is nothing but a disaster to me. That’s a terrible score and I’m not happy about it.

I already know some things that I did wrong both in the fight and in the preparation for the fight, but there are many questions that remain to be answered. I am seriously thinking about hiring a psychiatrist to help me out. I have already made some calls about it … I will make some changes in my training, because I wish to fight twice more in the UFC.

I am a fighter, and I will find the motivation and strength I need … If someone offered me millions of dollars to quit my career right now I would not accept it. [Fighting] is my life and I don’t know any other way to live.”

Wow! I know it has to be very hard but athletes have to realize that as they age, they can't stay on top forever.

Bernard Hopkins spoke to BoxingScene.com. The former champ said he would feel “suspect” attending an MMA event and compared the sport to ****ography. “I’m not wrestling a guy with panties on and his nuts in my face,” Hopkins said.

Just another boxer that resents MMA becoming more popular than boxing.

UFC President Dana white hinted at the possibility of the UFC shrinking the Octagon, in a Q&A with Dave Doyle of YahooSports.

Dave Doyle: “Would the WEC fighters lose something if you moved them from the smaller WEC cage to the bigger UFC Octagon?”

Dana White: “Actually, we’ve been talking about making the Octagon smaller. We’re considering making it smaller. [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva wants it. I think he wants to turn the thing into a [expletive] bathtub. Have them fight in a little tollbooth.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal signs Strikeforce deal

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce and could make his promotional debut as early as December, according to a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

Great for SF! King Mo rawks!