Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2021, 05:00 PM   #21
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Custody Battle

Garry, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling My Friend. The pain of being apart from the most important person in your life coupled with false accusations is a tough road to hoe.

I don't have a lot of job advice as I haven't been in the job market for decades. But I can offer an ear and any support I can help with. You've got us on your side, Garry, continue to be strong and lean on us as much as you need.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #22
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Garry, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling My Friend. The pain of being apart from the most important person in your life coupled with false accusations is a tough road to hoe.

I don't have a lot of job advice as I haven't been in the job market for decades. But I can offer an ear and any support I can help with. You've got us on your side, Garry, continue to be strong and lean on us as much as you need.
Thanks Tom for the support. Appreciate you guys here.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #23
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:52 AM   #24
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

A big part of working through things is having the place to "vent" comfortably. What I mean by that is a place you can get it off your chest and know that it is confidential. So your recent post in which you do that is indeed therapeutic. It is necessary though to have someone to work with these medical issues with you locally. It is good that you can bend here, but that local medical help for the depression and other things is necessary.

I see someone else is already linked you to Dave Ramsey stuff in regard to budgeting, it's a good place to begin.

I don't know what your faith life is like, but I have people come to me on a regular basis to help them put their life and faith together in a manner that helps to alleviate some things. I am not a therapist, I approach things from an entirely different perspective, but pastor and therapist working together, able to share information, can make a big difference.

What I can do from here, it's great for you. Especially that God gives you the strength to endure the difficult days.

Piece of the Lord be with you.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #25
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
A big part of working through things is having the place to "vent" comfortably. What I mean by that is a place you can get it off your chest and know that it is confidential. So your recent post in which you do that is indeed therapeutic. It is necessary though to have someone to work with these medical issues with you locally. It is good that you can bend here, but that local medical help for the depression and other things is necessary.

I see someone else is already linked you to Dave Ramsey stuff in regard to budgeting, it's a good place to begin.

I don't know what your faith life is like, but I have people come to me on a regular basis to help them put their life and faith together in a manner that helps to alleviate some things. I am not a therapist, I approach things from an entirely different perspective, but pastor and therapist working together, able to share information, can make a big difference.

What I can do from here, it's great for you. Especially that God gives you the strength to endure the difficult days.

Piece of the Lord be with you.
I am in the works of trying to get my insurance figured out so I can find another therapist. That itself, the search for one stressed me out last time. It is hard to find someone to open up to, to get that relationship with... and not bounce around. I am feeling to to overwhelmed, like everything is hitting me at once.

My faith life, I am not religious by any means, more spiritual if anything. I try to have a higher power but I don't feel there is anything.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:35 PM   #26
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Guys, I'm struggling hard. Had court yesterday. Still don't have time with my daughter but they forced me to cover her on my insurance. I have no problem providing for her, but with the $730 in child support and close to $600 for insurance, I will have hardly any paycheck left.

I have been out of it all day just wondering how I'm going to survive in the months to come.

I have started going back to therapy.

Thanks for being a place to vent.

Last edited by CigarSquid; 11-11-2021 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Grammer
CigarSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #27
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

You are in my prayers!
Old 11-12-2021, 05:29 AM   #28
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Your daughter will appreciate your devotion and struggles your ex has put you through when she is old enough to understand such things.

Know that you are in the right and that many here at a minimum are rooting for an equitable outcome.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:33 AM   #29
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Praying For You, Garry!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:13 AM   #30
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Thanks guys! I did get a few things squared away yesterday to relive some stress.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:12 AM   #31
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
Thanks guys! I did get a few things squared away yesterday to relive some stress.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:15 AM   #32
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

please don't take this the wrong way.....first off I'd get back on the depression medication and get back to the therapist......
also I'd be very careful about what you discuss on any website as of course this could be misconstrued and used against you.
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #33
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Garry, I'm glad some positive things happened yesterday, and I'm hoping the situation gets squared away in a fair manner soon.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #34
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsauer View Post
please don't take this the wrong way.....first off I'd get back on the depression medication and get back to the therapist......
also I'd be very careful about what you discuss on any website as of course this could be misconstrued and used against you.
I don't believe I ever stopped my medication and I started therapy again a few months ago.

Fully aware of where and what I express.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #35
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

Garry so sorry this is happening to you. I have a friend that went through the same sort of thing. The crazy ex wife simple made a claim that he was molesting there daughter and he was guilty till he could prove innocent. He spent thousands and thousands of dollars and years fighting. He finally got through everything but it took a long time. When his daughter turned 16 she could finally see what a whack job her mom was and all the BS she had been telling her was really BS. She asked the courts to go live with her father and they agreed. It all worked out in the end but it took a long time. But they are happy and have a great relationship! I have no idea what you are feeling and how hard it must be! God loves you and he is with you through this!
You will be in my prayers!!!
Old 09-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #36
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Guys, UPDATE.

First off, thank you all for the support. I was in court on the 1st and got the order on my daughters birthday last week. It isn't what I was after, but a HUGE step in the right direction. I get her every other week, Friday to Monday and all the holidays are back!

I am one super happy dad again!
Old 09-12-2022, 01:14 PM   #37
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I love good news!
Old 09-12-2022, 01:15 PM   #38
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
I love good news!
Me too!
Old 09-12-2022, 01:22 PM   #39
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Excellent news, congrats!
Old 09-12-2022, 02:16 PM   #40
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Garry!