Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #441
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
So If BAMA & ND Aren't The "Best" 2 Teams, Who Are? BAMA Was Rated #1 In All The Computer Polls & Rankings All Year Until They Slipped Up One Game & Lost To A&M. They Just Won The SEC Championship, Arguably The Most Difficult Conference In College Football. So Which College Team Is Better Than These 2?
Look at his avatar. Clearly Michigan is best
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #442
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Didn't BAMA Beat Them Earlier This Year?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #443
Ubiquitous
Living life at top speed

First Name: Travis
Trading: (6)
Montecristo CoastGuard (Active)
Ubiquitous is on a distinguished road

Hey, the SEC championship and Stanford vs. Oregon game were the best two games all season!
Ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #444
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtoadzwildride View Post
Hey, the SEC championship and Stanford vs. Oregon game were the best two games all season!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #445
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Gotta give them credit, though, at least the Tide won their division and their championship game in 2012.
More than we can say for last year, the hanging chads championship, when they won neither.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #446
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
As a Detroit Fan you should be used to seeing that. I have to avoid most of my friends/facebook when the Lions, Tigers, Wings, Wolverines, Spartans lose...
Good thing I am just a Tigers fan then.

But I know what you mean about those University of Michigan fans, they are obnoxious.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #447
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Gotta give them credit, though, at least the Tide won their division and their championship game in 2012.
More than we can say for last year, the hanging chads championship, when they won neither.
They beat the SEC champions like red headed step children in the only shutout BCS title game in history. You can argue that they shouldn't have gotten the chance to prove they were the best, but you can't argue that they weren't the best.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #448
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
They Just Won The SEC Championship, Arguably The Most Difficult Conference In College Football.
Arguably??
Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #449
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
So If BAMA & ND Aren't The "Best" 2 Teams, Who Are? BAMA Was Rated #1 In All The Computer Polls & Rankings All Year Until They Slipped Up One Game & Lost To A&M. They Just Won The SEC Championship, Arguably The Most Difficult Conference In College Football. So Which College Team Is Better Than These 2?
ND Schedule:
They beat
Navy (Suck)
Purdue (Suck, won by 3)
MSU (Suck)
Miami (Suck)
Michigan (Won by 7)
BYU (Suck, won by 3)
Pitt (Suck, Won by 3 in 3OT)
Stanford (Won by 3)
Boston College (Suck)
Wake Forest (Suck)
USC (Won by 7 I think against a Freshman QB making his 1st start)

Bama:
Michigan (Blowout, Weak Opponent)
West. Kentucky (Weak Opponent)
Arkansas (Weak Opponent)
Florida Athletic (Weak Opponent)
Ole Miss (Weak Opponent)
Missouri (Weak Opponent)
Tennessee (Weak Opponent)
3 LSU (Won by 3) First properly ranked Opponent, and they almost lost
19 A&M (Lost by 5) Second properly ranked Opponent, embarrassing loss
Western Carolina (Weak Opponent)
Auburn (Weak Opponent)
SEC Championship 3 Georgia (Won by 4) Properly ranked Opponent.

Bama and Notre Dame spent all season for the most part beating up on Weaker teams, especially Bama. I know they have their Schedules made out way in advance, but that doesn't mean they're undefeated or near to it record puts them at the top.

Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
We could've easily won 3 more games if we put Denard at RB the entire game, and had Gardner take the helm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Good thing I am just a Tigers fan then.

But I know what you mean about those University of Michigan fans, they are obnoxious.
I will kill you.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #450
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I will kill you.

Bring it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #451
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I wonder if those Wolverines are up to the task of taking on my mighty mighty Gamecocks in the Outback bowl . Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #452
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
I wonder if those Wolverines are up to the task of taking on my mighty mighty Gamecocks in the Outback bowl . Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!
I would love to see the University of Michigan crushed by Cocks.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #453
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Arguably??
You & I Know It, Michael, But I Was "Being Nice"!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #454
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I would love to see the University of Michigan crushed by Cocks.
Apparently Michigan Thinks They Should Be No.1.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #455
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Apparently Michigan Thinks They Should Be No.1.
Maybe in the state, it was a down year for the Spartnas.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #456
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Bama and Notre Dame spent all season for the most part beating up on Weaker teams, especially Bama.
When you're ranked 1 and 2 at the end of the year, that's pretty much a given, isn't it?

Carry on...
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #457
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Wisconsin's Bielama to Arkansas?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...195732340.html
Old 12-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #458
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
They beat the SEC champions like red headed step children in the only shutout BCS title game in history. You can argue that they shouldn't have gotten the chance to prove they were the best, but you can't argue that they weren't the best.
I never did. I just stated that I think its a lot better in 2012 than it was in 2011.
The Tigers laid an egg. If you check the transcripts, I gave my humble congratulations
all around after the title game. But it will never sit well with me, and no matter how the end result
justifies the bizarre means for bama fans....to me, it was an insult to the other teams vying for a title
behind them. It is clear that LSU was out-coached in 2011 the BCSNCG and lost BIGTIME. But I think
there is something to be said for being entitled to play by winning your division and winning an extra
game to even get to N.O. bama just sat and home and relaxed while LSU had to nearly get the snot
beat out of em by a tough UGA squad. In the end, I respect the result. But I in no way think it was
fair to anyone but the tide. And in the end, what says a last second play goes in the other direction
and you get left out of the Big game THIS YEAR? Were you still the best team in Atlanta? It was too
close to call by my eyes. But I am in NO WAY arguing over this year. This one is done. Go Irish.

You can say I am just wishing LSU could have hid behind procedure and dodged the tide. In a way that
is exactly what I am saying. But what kind of world do we live in where you can even DO what bama did?
LSU won the west division AND the SEC. I'm still not sure bama even had a right to BE in N.O. Would it have
been a travesty for bama fans? You bet. But they are one team out of a half dozen that also had a legit shot.
The majority were not served by the imperfect system. All I can say is a playoff can't come soon enough to
suit me.In the end, the best football team won. And like I said, in 2012, at least you can hold your heads
up around the rest of division I with a straight face.

Last edited by OLS; 12-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #459
OLS
Suck It

I agree with Halbrooks that bama played a lot of weak-a55 teams in 2012, but so did LSU.
I say it far too many times here, but I remember when LSU had big ole ball5 and scheduled
real football teams in the first few games of the non-con schedule and whipped em. This
year was an embarrassment to me as a fan, --EDIT( as far as Non-Con opponents) and I
think the tide fans should also be able to acknowledge that about their own schedule.
But I am only talking about LSU. Sadly it looks like a few more years until we can be free of
the Towson State's of the world.
I am proud of my team, and I think they need to live or die by playing the best in the
country, in and out of conference. Notre Dame may not have played any No.1s, but they
didn't play many pushovers, if any. OK, Wake Forest. But where are the Western kentucky
and Western Carolina's? Florida Atlantic? Sheesh.

NOW, would I want to PLAY ALABAMA? Not hardly, they will kick you in the face. But I sure
hope that Notre Dame shows up for more than an accountant's perspective on who is
the best.

Last edited by OLS; 12-04-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #460
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
When you're ranked 1 and 2 at the end of the year, that's pretty much a given, isn't it?

Carry on...
You don't understand. I'm saying they're given too much praise for their record when they've played horrid teams. When they've won by such convincing margins against such horrible teams, they've jumped up past where they should be.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote