Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #61
agctribefan

Default Re: Your Favorite B&M and Why.

Habana Premium Cigar Shoppe in Albany NY. And I'm not just saying that because I work there. I was a long time patron there before Scotty(the owner) Helped me out and gave me a job after I lost my other job. The selection is huge and growing every day (I actually have a say in that). The Staff is incredibly knowledgable. And the atmosphere is amazing. Great lounge. I actually go there when I don't have to work.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #62
Louistogies
Area Fumado

First Name: Louis
Trading: (26)
Louistogies is on a distinguished road

There's a Tinder box like a half an hour away. Not a place I stop by to much but better than anything else out here. In SD I like Liberty tobacco. And in AZ I like cigar king.
Louistogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #63
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by agctribefan View Post
Habana Premium Cigar Shoppe in Albany NY. And I'm not just saying that because I work there.
Don't worry- I got your back. Chalk up a vote from a non-employee.

For the stuff I'm interested in, you guys have a spectacular selection. And having so much in an area like the capital region means I actually get a crack at it from time to time. It's awesome being able to find a lot of lancero options, for example, without having to trawl NYC.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #64
chand
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Damian
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
chand will become famous soon enough

Cigar-ette City, Newark, DE. Killer selection, reasonable prices, and Gary knows what his is doing. I've been really digging his Emilio line lately.
chand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #65
Liquid Smoke

Are there any good b&m's around the Asheville,NC area? I'm going with the family to biltmore tomorrow, and was wondering if any good ones are nearby. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #66
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

The Cigar Room in Madison, AL is a great shop. They opened in March, their selection is still on the paltry side but their humidor has plenty of room to expand. Plus, their lounge is very relaxing and the people I've met there have been 100% class. The owner knows how to treat the customer as well. A stark contrast to the B&M closest to me, who could not care less if you came back or not and thinks they exist for you to serve them.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #67
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Trading: (1)
Flounder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
My apartment. Good, varied cigar selection. The lounge is a balcony about 160' up in the city center and the staff is pretty decent. Free espresso/coffee/soda/pellegrino. Great hours and non-exclusive... all are welcome.
My favorite as well. Hopefully swinging through there sometime in the next week.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #68
Duke9192

I'm very lucky, that I have one of the best (IMO) local tobacconist in Tennessee. Burns Tobacconist is great. They've got a great selection and Matt, Jason, & Charlie are all Certified Tobacconists. Let's just say they're in the know. It's a awesome place to go hang out, smoke a few cigars with friends, and kill an afternoon or evening. The best thing about Burns is 1) if you want it, they've probably got it. 2) if they don't...they'll get it for you.
In just a word...... AWESOME!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #69
CigarDoc

There is a Tinderbox in Myrtle Beach that I like going to. It's on the waterfront where all the shops and resteraunts are, so the wife doesn't complain when we go down. She can shop for, well, whatever women shop for, and I can grab a couple decent sticks. They always have a damn good selection (I think that because of the "touristy" location, not too many true BOTL's go in there often, so I can always find what I'm looking for. They almost always have an Opus X or 2, and their Davidoff line is pretty complete. They keep most of what I smoke in stock all the time. I've never had an issue finding something that I like while I'm there. They give a military discount for us, too. Down side to that is it's almost 2 hours away from my house. The cigar shop in the mall, Ansteads, is okay. But the lines they carry tend to fluctuate alot, so if I find a stick I want on a regular basis, I make sure to get as many as I can so I don't have to worry about it being out of stock. They email me when Opus and Anejo's are in, so I always know ahead of time. The guy who owns it, Wayne, is a super nice guy and has always been knowledgable about his stock. Plus they have a cool repeat customer card. For every $20 you spend, you get a punch out on your card, once you have 10 punches, they give you $20 off. The B&M up in Raleigh that some others have mentioned is gonna be one of my first stops when I get back.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #70
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Club Humidor in San Antonio. Every store I have been to, they have been friendly and knowledgable.

Around me, the only one I know of is 35 miles away. (a true B&M). It's decent, but I know more than the kids who work there. We have a liquor store down the road that boasts a well-stocked humidor. I have to do some recon on this later. Maybe next week.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #71
Ken
Still Watching My Back

RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Only Place Near Me Is "Our Cigar Bar" At The Wharf In Gulf Shores, AL. Very Friendly Staff, Good Drinks & Sticks!
I'll try to swing by there this week. Any word on Tacky Jacks cigar on the beach?
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #72
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Tower Pipes and Cigars. Mark (norcalmark) owns it, stand up dude and also my very good friend.
+1 - and you didn't mention great boutique cigar selection for a great price considering CA taxes
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #73
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

If your in Reno a must stop is Fumare (Dion's) store for all those Illusione's we crave.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #74
designwise1

Just For Him in Springfield, MO. It is relatively close to me, you can still smoke inside, they still carry nasal snuff (until they run out), very knowledgeable about pipe tobaccos, nice variety in their walk-in humi...
Old 07-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #75
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I found a small place in Allentown that has a decent selection, so much better than some of the other choices around here. The owner is more concerned with his personal convenience than the customers needs though, I asked if he had any Tats and he said he used to carry them but the sales rep stopped coming by, he said "I don't chase vendors". Made me think you don't chase venders and you chase away customers.
They have some Opus X on hand as well as alot of other Fuentes. They have the 601 blue, next time I am going to try the Illusions (not sure the spelling). It has a cozy little lounge too.

So this place is my favorite currently, however it is not perfect.

Another local place with a less quality selection is located in a local mall. If you become a member (About $300/year) You get 10% off cigars and a key to access the lounge 24/7 BYOB. That is an intriguing concept to me.

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 07-19-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #76
Krish the Fish
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Krishna
Trading: (2)
Trinidad
Krish the Fish is on a distinguished road

Montecristo Lounge in Columbus is the newest and best B&M around. great sized lounge, huge selection (owned by the same people that own the House of Cigar which boasts the largest walk-in in the state), and friendly and accommodating people. There are two caveats: they do hookah smoking in the lounge, and the only rule they have is that there is no cash on the poker table.

The Tinder Box at Easton Town Center (a mall in Columbus) used to be my favorite B&M because of the atmosphere there. The people that work there are really cool, and the other regulars (because I was a regular) were a fantastic group of guys to hang out with. Unfortunately, the owner wasn't keen on customer input (understandably), and the air conditioning & smoke eater were broken more than they were fixed, so the combination of the two drove all the regulars to seek shelter at the Montecristo Lounge.
Krish the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #77
dvickery
Team of 1

First Name: derrek
dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

in havana...comodoro hotel...a bar in the hotel will bring your drinks to the smokeshop.
the best roller in the world(santo).decent selection of smokes.the girls that work there are really nice and speak passable english.all in all my favorite cigar store.

in varadero...1st and 64th...they have a bar or you can bring your own bottle of rum and your own coke and nobody complains.second best selection of cigars i have ever seen(only 5th & 16th in havana has better/more)anywhere in the world.girls that work there have known me for so long i gets hugs when i first walk in(every winter).all in all my second favorite cigar store .

derrek
Old 07-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #78
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Pheasant (Vegas) for the company and Casa Fuente (Vegas) for the scenery.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #79
racerX
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: john
racerX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
in havana...comodoro hotel...a bar in the hotel will bring your drinks to the smokeshop.
the best roller in the world(santo).decent selection of smokes.the girls that work there are really nice and speak passable english.all in all my favorite cigar store.

in varadero...1st and 64th...they have a bar or you can bring your own bottle of rum and your own coke and nobody complains.second best selection of cigars i have ever seen(only 5th & 16th in havana has better/more)anywhere in the world.girls that work there have known me for so long i gets hugs when i first walk in(every winter).all in all my second favorite cigar store .

derrek
Three years a member.
He don't say much but when he does...WOW
What a receomendation.
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #80
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvickery View Post

derrek
This is why you're my hero sir

I'm coming with you on the next trip.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote