icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

What a game!

Congrats to 'Bama and their fans, let's bring home a 7th consecutive SEC National Championship. Next game, I'm a Tide fan.

Congrats to Georgia and their fans for a great season, and their QB for a gutsy performance.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #422
Bleez
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bleez
Trading: (26)
SCdlH
Bleez will become famous soon enough

Roll Tide!!! What a game! Second best I've ever witnessed...maybe 1B, behind Texas/USC NC game...

Makes it a lot easier to live in Athens for the next year for sure.
Bleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #423
Bleez
Feeling at Home

SCdlH

Queue then"Fire Richt's" and "Bama won that game bc of the refs"... My FB feed is full of it already.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #424
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

I'm celebrating with a T52. Can't wait to see Bama put the whoopass on some Irish.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #425
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Great game!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #426
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleez View Post
Queue then"Fire Richt's" and "Bama won that game bc of the refs"... My FB feed is full of it already.
Always gotta blame it on someone besides their team. They played a great game against a team that was just a little bit better.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #427
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Finally getting to watch game. First Saturday of December always family reunion in Mississippi for my mother's side of family. Mom is 84, oldest brother living (4 passed away already) is 90, and the baby of family (whose home the reunion is held) is 78.

Left there about game start time, but didn't listen to game, rather talk with mom. I got back home in time for the final Bama defensive stand! Only part I saw live. But it does make it easier to watch, knowing the final outcome!

Listening to those two jackass announcers (Vern and Gary) on that last drive, I got the impression that Georgia dominated the game, and Bama managed to squeak a win. At the end of the 3rd qtr (where I'm at now on dvr), I see a game that looks like both teams are playing hard, and it looks at this point that last team with ball could be the winner.

I sure hope there are better announcers calling the NC game. I cannot stand Vern and Gary. fast-forwarding thru most of the dead time between actual plays. That much LESS time to listen to them.

So far, I'm glad to see that Bama has stuck to running the ball!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #428
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Right now UGA has the edge, but it will be who can stop the run in the 4th.
Good call, Brad.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #429
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

I don't watch much collage,but that was a great game
Old 12-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #430
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Man, I was so sad to see that poor kid throw that ball where he threw it.
Even sadder that the wide receiver didn't intentionally drop it, I guess in the moment, he thought
he was awesome enough to make it into the endzone. So it comes down to poor old Matthew Stafford or
whatever his name is. You gotta throw it away and live to surf another day. They had bama RIGHT THERE for
the taking. At least a SEC team is heading for the Nat Champ. Shame it's the galactic empire. Come on Notre Dame.

Be careful what you wish for bama fans, Saban WILL bolt if you win another.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #431
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Man, I was so sad to see that poor kid throw that ball where he threw it.
Even sadder that the wide receiver didn't intentionally drop it, I guess in the moment, he thought
he was awesome enough to make it into the endzone. So it comes down to poor old Matthew Stafford or
whatever his name is. You gotta throw it away and live to surf another day. They had bama RIGHT THERE for
the taking. At least a SEC team is heading for the Nat Champ. Shame it's the galactic empire. Come on Notre Dame.

I Like That, Brad, "The Galactic Empire"!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #432
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Be careful what you wish for bama fans, Saban WILL bolt if you win another.[/quote]

We Shall See, Brother, But I Say He Stays Until He Retires!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #433
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Now that was a great game! Fake field goals, blocked kicks, big hits, cant ask for much more. I was not expecting Georgia to be able to match the overall physicality of Alabama but to their credit they did and then some.

I will also echo the sentiments against Vern and Gary. They are god awful, especially Vern. He makes tons of mistakes a game and his only insight on a big play is "my goodness". I believe the national title game will be on FOX so we'll have Joe Buck callng but more importantly Erin Andrews back on the sideline

Although I gotta disagree with ya Brad that Saban will leave if he wins another title. Where would he go? Don't see him going back to the NFL and he sure wouldn't leave for another college job. I think he'll be at Bama till he retires, so we'll have to get used to it
Old 12-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #434
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Now that was a great game! Fake field goals, blocked kicks, big hits, cant ask for much more. I was not expecting Georgia to be able to match the overall physicality of Alabama but to their credit they did and then some.

I will also echo the sentiments against Vern and Gary. They are god awful, especially Vern. He makes tons of mistakes a game and his only insight on a big play is "my goodness". I believe the national title game will be on FOX so we'll have Joe Buck callng but more importantly Erin Andrews back on the sideline

Although I gotta disagree with ya Brad that Saban will leave if he wins another title. Where would he go? Don't see him going back to the NFL and he sure wouldn't leave for another college job. I think he'll be at Bama till he retires, so we'll have to get used to it
Thank You, Michael; I Definitely Agree! May The Best Team Win In The National Championship!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #435
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
May The Best Team Win In The National Championship!
You mean Alabama, right?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #436
Bleez
Feeling at Home

SCdlH

Speculation is fun. So if Bama wins #15 and Saban bolts for another college gig where'd he go?

Only 3 open spots in the SEC (I think), Auburn, Tennessee and Arkansas. If he left the conference where would he go? ACC? Big 12? Big Ten? You'd think he'd wanna rebuild a team that plays in a "prestigious" conference. Or, for sharts and giggles we could say he's going to go to his Alma Mater (Kent State) and continue their growth.

Long month before the NC...too much time to think, haha...
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #437
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
You mean Alabama, right?
"Caught Me"! Yes, Sir!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #438
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

What's that line from BoB?? "hey Gonorhea, Don't get hit in the face when Jerry throws in the sponge", lol.
There are a lot of places ol' Nicky could go where he would not have the intense pressure-cooker environment
that there is at the Capstone. He could go HOME, he could go away, he could die of an intensity-based heart attack.
I think he should go spend time with his family. Good luck in a month, that's one I won't watch. You guys enjoy it.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #439
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Always gotta blame it on someone besides their team. They played a great game against a team that was just a little bit better.
As a Detroit Fan you should be used to seeing that. I have to avoid most of my friends/facebook when the Lions, Tigers, Wings, Wolverines, Spartans lose...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleez View Post
Speculation is fun. So if Bama wins #15 and Saban bolts for another college gig where'd he go?

Only 3 open spots in the SEC (I think), Auburn, Tennessee and Arkansas. If he left the conference where would he go? ACC? Big 12? Big Ten? You'd think he'd wanna rebuild a team that plays in a "prestigious" conference. Or, for sharts and giggles we could say he's going to go to his Alma Mater (Kent State) and continue their growth.

Long month before the NC...too much time to think, haha...
I think he was meaning he'd leave for the NFL. I could be wrong. If Nick Saban leaves 'Bama for another College team, he's a ****ing moron. He's the Coach of the "Best" team in College football. I don't think they're the best, just like I don't think ND is worthy of the #1 spot either.

Not looking forward to the BCS Title game... I was hoping for Kansas State and Oregon. Oh well.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 AM   #440
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

So If BAMA & ND Aren't The "Best" 2 Teams, Who Are? BAMA Was Rated #1 In All The Computer Polls & Rankings All Year Until They Slipped Up One Game & Lost To A&M. They Just Won The SEC Championship, Arguably The Most Difficult Conference In College Football. So Which College Team Is Better Than These 2?