Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
The Colts had 28 million reasons to let him go. I truly believe this was ALL about the all mighty dollar.
Dollars had a lot to do with it, Mac. The Colts absolutely suck. They need the money to rebuild.
They have to weigh the opportunity to build with Luck and put a team around him against a few years with Peyton and no team around him. The latter has worked for a lot of years, but Peyton was in good shape. Now he's a big gamble at best.
I think we'll find that Peyton doesn't have a problem with this move. He's done anything he can to protect that organization from his failing health, up to and including rewriting his contract so that the Colts didn't have to pay him the last 8 million they paid him while he was broke down.
I truly believe Peyton and Jim Irsay made this decision together,m and that Peyton will be a part of the Colts organization for a long, long time once he's done with this "play for another team" thing. I don't think it's going to go well, either. Peyton is way too screwed up.
Ultimately he's going to be a lot more valuable for his head than he is for his body if he can avoid ending up in a wheelchair.