Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #801
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

weak ufc overall. Kampmann-daley was good, crocop-dos santos sucked, and belfort-franklin was even dissapointing, don't evne know what knocked out rich, but didnt like seeing him take a big shot to the back of the head that no one even mentioned, overall, glad i didn't pay
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #802
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
weak ufc overall. Kampmann-daley was good, crocop-dos santos sucked, and belfort-franklin was even dissapointing, don't evne know what knocked out rich, but didnt like seeing him take a big shot to the back of the head that no one even mentioned, overall, glad i didn't pay
Great to see Koscheck back in the mix after his injury. Love that guy.
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #803
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

oh ya, koscheck was good too
Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #804
Steelergar

How did the last 2 fights suck? Anytime a fight finishes its a good fight. Cro cop got busted up and franklin got dominated. Franklin's last fight sucked and was a bad decision.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #805
Steelergar

Quote:
don't evne know what knocked out rich, but didnt like seeing him take a big shot to the back of the head that no one even mentioned,
boo freakin hoo
he was knocked out from repeatedly getting punched in the face.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #806
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

Quote:

It looked to me like a hit above the ear did it.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #807
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

I for one love Vitor and can't wait to see him fight again. (Not that I hate Franklin or anything)
Old 09-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #808
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Oh...My....

Rampage Retires
http://mmamania.com/2009/09/22/quint...hanging-it-up/

"Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson drops a power bomb via his personal Web site:

“The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them … this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bullshit & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I’m not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I’m done fighting. I’ve been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don’t pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I’m hanging it up. I’m gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they’ll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don’t like what I just said can come try to kick my ass! I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn’t respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!”

Wow … speechless.

Rampage also adds that company president Dana White promised him a title shot against Lyoto Machida after coaching opposite Rashad Evans on this season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF); however, White flipped the script and booked him against “Sugar” anyway.

Is this “bad attitude” just a cry for attention or could Jackson really be serious?

Let’s tread lightly until we hear official word from White and/or other UFC executives.

Nonetheless, sound off, Maniacs. Let’s hear your take."

I sure hope Rampage and Dana work this out....
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #809
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

wow just wow....

First off, after he doesn't get a second big movie role, 'Page will be back in the octagon, for far less $ than he would have gotten to keep up his career in the UFC. Dana is a *****, I think we all know that. He talks more trash about everybody, but lets face it... the UFC would have folded up long ago if it wasn't for him.

I've always liked Quinton, and totally think that he will be back in the cage sooner rather than later, because he is a fighter and not an actor. We all saw where thinking the opposite landed Roger Huerta, same will be said of Rampage.
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #810
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Dana's AWesome
Old 09-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #811
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

Damn, if that true Dana piece of crap.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #812
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

KIMBO Time
Old 09-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #813
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
First off, after he doesn't get a second big movie role, 'Page will be back in the octagon, for far less $ .
+1

Quote:
KIMBO Time
And here we go!

I like this fight. It's a rough 1st fight for Kimbo to get and Rampage should have been smarter and known that, but we've never seen any indication that Rampage is "smart".

No matter what happens I see Roy & Kimbo getting a chance to fight in the UFC. I however will be pulling the Kimbo.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #814
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

Kimbo fight was pretty damn boring which means it went the way I expected it to. I think Rampage's coaching really helped. "Get up. Get up Kimbo. Don't let him do that."
Old 10-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #815
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
Kimbo fight was pretty damn boring which means it went the way I expected it to. I think Rampage's coaching really helped. "Get up. Get up Kimbo. Don't let him do that."

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #816
pfm721
I bleed Orange and Blue

First Name: Patrick
pfm721 is on a distinguished road

Kimbo should do nothing but work on ground escapes and submissions with the rest of his time on the show. If he could do anything other than lay there like a flipped over turtle he would be a good fighter. Look at Dan Henderson, he's not that great on the ground either but knows enough to be able to get back to his feet.
pfm721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #817
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

funniest part is that roy nelson thinks he did something. He just layed on kimbo with his fat belly
Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #818
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Best quote from Rampage was something to the effect of 'None of us could get that fat ass off us either.' He's probably right. Also like Dana's quote about Nelson, "He was throwing punches like my daughter throws when we play fight." Looked like Kimbo is vastly improved, but he has to stay up and bang and avoid takedowns. It would be kind of nice to see if the project of Kimbo can turn into a decent fighter, he has come a long way already from being a hack who was proclaimed the 'Tiger Woods' of MMA when he was on EliteXXL or whatever.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #819
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
funniest part is that roy nelson thinks he did something. He just layed on kimbo with his fat belly
No, he easily passed guard put him in a very nice crucifix, twice, and proceeded to beat the hell out of him while Kimblo could do nothing. Kimblo is nothing but a hack street-fighter and has absolutely no clue when it comes to ground fighting after all this time he has had to try to improve. I didn't see any improvement at all from him. Nothing. Roy Nelson is a good fighter and everyone should have known he would beat Kimblo easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfm721
Look at Dan Henderson, he's not that great on the ground either but knows enough to be able to get back to his feet.
Dan Henderson not a good ground fighter? He is/was an Olympic class wrestler.

Last edited by NCRadioMan; 10-01-2009 at 04:53 PM.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #820
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfm721 View Post
Kimbo should do nothing but work on ground escapes and submissions with the rest of his time on the show.
Is TUF different this season? Used to be one loss and you were gone, unless you were brought back because another fighter got injured or kicked off.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote