Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 05-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default New to pipes

Ok fellas. I'm new to pipes. A while back Francis (spectrrr) gifted me a pipe. I smoked it a few times and then socked it away. Just pulled it back out as I want to get into it. I picked up a couple house blends from a local shop a while back that have been stored in Mason Jars. They seem to be fine and I will smoke some of those.

I'm gonna pick up some pipe cleaners from 4noggins. What kind of aromatics or even nonaromatics would you recommend? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
DMK
S.O.B.

First Name: Darryl
Trading: (86)
Partagas
DMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really nice
Default Re: New to pipes

I really like all the McCelland Frog Mortons.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Hello Justin, the two house blends you picked-up, are they aromatics or non-aromatics and what's your take on them?
Old 05-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
hazydat620
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Chad(choad, schoad)
Trading: (10)
hazydat620 is on a distinguished road

you'll find out you want to try them all,just stay away from M79, or maybe that's your thing Lanes 1Q in a MM pony cob is a great starter, you might be able to find Captain Black Royal a bit easier to find(heard it's the same thing) I thought aro's was gonna be my thing when I started, but found out quickly the non aro's are much more enjoyable. Rattrays Accountant's Mixture would be a nice start to English style blends. Actually, anything from Rattray's is a good quality tobacco. Have fun, and get a different pipe for aros and non aro's.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I quickly moved away from aromatics when I first started into pipes. I think a good transition is Rattray Marlin Flake or any Virginia pipe tobacco.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I tried pipes for a while and just couldn't make it good to me. I figured since I use smokeless tobacco that my taste is probably zapped a lot of the time and the subtleness of a pipe is lost on me.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

I have Anastasia which is aromatic and then the house blend which I'm not sure. I like them both.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Got bored at work and ordered some pipe cleaners from 4noggins and while I was at it picked up a tin of Mac Baren HH OLD DARK FIRED 100g and Peterson SWEET KILLARNEY 50g
Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Got bored at work and ordered some pipe cleaners from 4noggins and while I was at it picked up a tin of Mac Baren HH OLD DARK FIRED 100g and Peterson SWEET KILLARNEY 50g
You will enjoy this one Justin. It should become one of your favorites

I was going to suggest a VA/PER such as H&H Anni Kake, H&H Virginia Spice, or C&D Old Joe Krantz to place in your rotation...
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough

Justin

Send me your Addy. Time for me to PIF. Have some samples to share to you.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmitchem View Post
Justin

Send me your Addy. Time for me to PIF. Have some samples to share to you.
2nd offer for samples today...
PM inbound.

P.S. My 4noggins order should be here this afternoon
Old 05-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough

I probably won't be able to get anything in the mail till Monday but I will let you know when I do. I was the duty Chaplain over Memorial Day weekend so my wife and I are taking a three day and getting a hotel in Waikiki.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

No worries or hurry chappy
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #14
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

4noggins came today.

Untitled by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #15
Sadden
Its only money...

First Name: Colin
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
Sadden will become famous soon enough

I like the sweet killarny
Old 06-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #16
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadden View Post
I like the sweet killarny
As do I! I liked them both. Two totally different smokes but I enjoyed them both