Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough
Default Xikar XTX Double?

My younger brother is starting to get into cigars more and he asked for a lighter for Christmas. I have a Xikar crossover and I love it. He says he wants something a little bigger and preferably something with multiple flames as opposed to a single jet flame. After a bit of searching I found the Xikar XTX double. It looks like a nice lighter and it looks like it meets his needs. The only problem is I can't find any reviews on this so I would be buying it pretty much in the dark. I would feel bad if I gave my brother a piece of crap for Christmas so I was wondering if anybody has any input on this specific lighter or on other lighters that seem to fit the description of what he is looking for. Thanks for the help.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xikar XTX Double?

Can't go wrong with a Xikar...lifetime warranty. For a few less $$...the Xikar Executive II is a very reliable and good lighter, double flame. If you would like a good single flame...the Blazer Little Buddy is a solid lighter (been using mine for well over a year without any issues).
Old 12-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
gator_79
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Robin
Trading: (3)
Navy (Deployed)
gator_79 is on a distinguished road

I've been looking at the XTX double flame in Gunmetal. Looks like a solid lighter, I'll probably get one after the first of the year.
gator_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Can't go wrong with a Xikar...lifetime warranty. For a few less $$...the Xikar Executive II is a very reliable and good lighter, double flame. If you would like a good single flame...the Blazer Little Buddy is a solid lighter (been using mine for well over a year without any issues).
Thanks for the ideas. My roommate and another good friend of mine both have Executive's. I think the problem with those and the little buddy will be that he wants something a little bigger. The XTX was really the only thing I could find that was bigger than my Crossover and had a double flame without getting him a table top. As you said can't go wrong with a Xikar but I was just hoping someone has played around with the XTX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator_79 View Post
I've been looking at the XTX double flame in Gunmetal. Looks like a solid lighter, I'll probably get one after the first of the year.

I'm about 90% sure this is what I'm getting him. I'll tell you what I think of it was I get it for him.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Flounder is on a distinguished road

http://www.netlighters.com/twtowibu3dis.html

I have one of these and love it. I feel it's a little too big, but if he wants size, it's got it. Double torch with 3 different sized cigar punches. Check it out.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Flounder is on a distinguished road

It says Concord, but mine was clearly marked "Lucienne" when I bought it, which is also who makes the cutter I use when I don't punch, which has also turned out to be a fine piece of equipment.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

You can get the XTX...sounds like a great lighter but I just bought the CAO stocking stuffer "black ops" edition and it's a triple flame (just as addition to the XTX) plus you get a nice 5 pack and a cutter (cutters ok but on th cheap end)

Check it out they are back in stock...
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...t=51030&page=2
Old 12-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

That way your brother will have two lighters plus some smokes to go with them
Old 02-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
18i

hey did you end up getting the XTX double ? im trying to find reviews or something about it and there is absolutely nothing... I about to get the gunmetal xtx double but i find it kinda hard to do online shopping for lighters...
thx
Old 02-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #10
Fia
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Fia is on a distinguished road

In addition to the XTX, Xikar makes some other double flame lighters like the Element, Escalade, Enigma and Axia. My personal favorite of the double flames is the Axia. Nice heft, and slim enough to easily fit in my pocket.
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Theo
Trading: (33)
HUpmann
Theo Cincy has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Cincy has a spectacular aura about

I have a element and I love it.
Theo Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #12
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18i View Post
hey did you end up getting the XTX double ? im trying to find reviews or something about it and there is absolutely nothing... I about to get the gunmetal xtx double but i find it kinda hard to do online shopping for lighters...
thx
Yes i did. My brother seems to like it and hasn't voiced any complaints to me yet. I can ask him for a bit more information since i personally haven't used it.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia View Post
In addition to the XTX, Xikar makes some other double flame lighters like the Element, Escalade, Enigma and Axia. My personal favorite of the double flames is the Axia. Nice heft, and slim enough to easily fit in my pocket.
yea I was hesitating with the Escalade but I find the push button on the XTX more convenient !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
Yes i did. My brother seems to like it and hasn't voiced any complaints to me yet. I can ask him for a bit more information since i personally haven't used it.
cool thank you! how do you find the gunmetal look? is it similar to the pictures on the net or its quite different right in front of you?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
Enphrared

I saw a XTX Double go on cigarsprintsale.com for $40 shipped earlier today.