Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default XIKAR Portable Ash Can

Suggested Retail Price $19.99
Lifetime Warranty

Have you ever seen a new product and thought not only can I use that but I should have invented that? It has happened to me. I do not smoke in my house or the family vehicle but I do enjoy a cigar in my vehicle that I use solely for work. My vehicle does not have an ash tray so I have found myself using cups and even the drink holder for my cigar ashes. It is easy to use the shop vac to suck the ashes out of the cup holder but it is still inconvenient and messy. I am a clean freak so it drives me crazy. XIKAR has the answer. They created the new Portable Ash Can for cigar smokers like me who want to smoke on the go.

The XIKAR Portable Ash Can is made with stainless steel. The screwable lid is easily removed or placed back onto the Ash Can. Inside you will find a ring and a spiral ring to hold various cigar sizes. On the bottom is a kind of grate. The XIKAR logo is on two sides of the Ash Can and has that brushed metal look. It is suggested that you screw the lid back in to contain ashes and aroma until your next cigar.

I like to smoke a robusto cigar on my way to work and often find myself wishing I had something that was cigar friendly for the car. When I first saw the pictures of the Ash Can I knew I had to have one. This is one of those accessories that you can find multiple uses for. It fit perfectly in my vehicle's cup holder, my favorite camping chair, and the top of my cooler. Next I am going to put this to use and see how well it works.

The Portable Ash Can is very sturdy yet light weight. I have no problems taking the lid on or off. The large open ring is nice for holding a large 6X60 cigar. A cigar with a smaller ring gauge will move around loosely inside this ring. The spiral ring works well for various ring gauges. My only issue with this is you need to be careful not to damage the foot of your cigar by shoving them down into the spiral ring. If you set the cigar in gently it works well. I would strongly suggest to avoid any issues put your cigar into the spiral ring with the cap end down. As I smoke my cigar I found that I can angle the cigar into the open ring and it actually holds the cigar if you need to set it down for a minute. You have to do this carefully whether trying to set it in or take it out or you will knock your ash off. The Ash Can does not move around in the cup holder or make any annoying noises clanking around. It is great for holding your ash and with this large 6X60 HC Habano Colorado it doesn't come close to filling up. I am estimating I could smoke 5 or 6 large cigars before needing to empty this out.

I wanted to post pictures while I was smoking but you shouldn't take pictures and drive. It just isn't safe. My final thoughts on the XIKAR Portable Ash Can - Is XIKAR reading my mind? Honestly this accessory is exactly what I was wishing I had for my vehicle. The suggested retail price of $19.99 seems very reasonable to me and I am thinking of picking up an extra for myself and a couple for gifts. Since it is a XIKAR product it comes with their amazing lifetime warranty. I am sure you could find something else to hold your ash but it won't compare to this. The ring and spiral ring are a nice touch. I am not sure if the open ring was intended to hold a lit cigar but I found that it worked when I needed to set my cigar down for a minute. For more information on this and other great XIKAR products visit www.XIKAR.com.

http://cigarcatadore.blogspot.com/20...e-ash-can.html
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: XIKAR Portable Ash Can

Reminds me of this one that Dunng gifted me almost two years ago

http://www.ultimatecigarashtray.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
. They created the new Portable Ash Can for cigar smokers like me who want to smoke on the go.
They didnt create it.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
mariogolbee

Ya, I have an Ultimate Cigar Ashtray also that I got in a group buy here.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Either way I like the look of the design...I need to look into getting one before my trip in April. I'll have need of it on the beach!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

i usually just cut the top of a soda can off.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
kickerb

i might have to pick one of these up!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Here is a couple pics. Didn't have time to post them earlier.

jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

i like it
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
justonemorestick