icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Quote:
Wisniewski argued that Seabrook's injury was not due to a hit to the head.

"It probably will get looked at, but the result wasn't because of a shot to the head. I'm 5-foot-11 and he's 6-3. What happened was that my face hit his face. The visor came down and cut up my nose. I was shocked when I saw the result of it on the replay," Wisniewski said.

"I didn't do anything wrong," Wisniewski added. "The result of what happened isn't good, but there wasn't anything wrong that I did."

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #1342
mtaill
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
mtaill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Saw the hit this morning and I don't see anything illegal with it.
Just a hard legal hit to me.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #1343
GHC_Hambone

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
And Dustin Byfuglien stood around after the play and let Ducan Keith fight Wiz. What a freaking pu$$y.
This is typical of Byfuglien, he seems to be all talk and rarely fights.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #1344
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Bruins game tonight. I can not wait! I will post pics if any fights are on my end of the ice (seats are near the Bruins bench but closer to the corner).
Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #1345
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaill View Post
We will just agree to disagree then, and see which one of us the NHL agrees with.

Stick up, forearm to the face against the glass.....sure, what's wrong with that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp7B81Kx66o

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:50 AM   #1346
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Quote:
I disagree...Seabrook wasn't even in the play and look how hard Wisniewski skates over to him just so he can deliberately throw a high elbow/stick to his face. Completely uncalled for.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #1347
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
I disagree...Seabrook wasn't even in the play and look how hard Wisniewski skates over to him just so he can deliberately throw a high elbow to his face. Completely uncalled for.
Yup...He skated 65 feet in from the blueline with the intent to injure. There was no other reason for him to be in deep on that play. I guess we shall see what Colin Campbell has to say on the matter.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #1348
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Thanks for the link to the replay Tom. I watched a good chunk of the game last night on NHL Network, but missed it. That was a vicious hit.

Quote:
I disagree...Seabrook wasn't even in the play and look how hard Wisniewski skates over to him just so he can deliberately throw a high elbow/stick to his face. Completely uncalled for.
It seemed pretty clear to me the hit was delivered as a response to Seabrook's hit 20 seconds earlier. Was Wisniewski's hit illegal? Yes. Intent to injure? Not sure...really hard to say. Uncalled for? IMHO, no. Seabrook was late delivering his check...which looked high and bounced the guy's head off of the boards. The hit he received clearly seemed retaliatory and, IMHO, definitely served a purpose. Just like fighting majors, some are uncalled for, but many serve a purpose in the game.

All IMHO.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #1349
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
you saw this and think it was a hard legal hit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtSx2z_CPKQ
I see charging, elbowing, and the all important headshot. He left his feet just to get the elbow to the face. Nope nothing illegal there.

Surely neither of you should have an issue with this hit either. After all McAmmond had the puck only a second prior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LItMq...eature=related
Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #1350
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post

Was Wisniewski's hit illegal? Yes. Intent to injure? Not sure...really hard to say. Uncalled for? IMHO, no. Seabrook was late delivering his check...which looked high and bounced the guy's head off of the boards. The hit he received clearly seemed retaliatory and, IMHO, definitely served a purpose. Just like fighting majors, some are uncalled for, but many serve a purpose in the game.

All IMHO.

Illegal hits should never been called for. Settle it in the appropriate manner....take off the gloves and fight it out. Players seem to be retaliating in an unprofessional manner and it's causing some serious injuries.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #1351
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Thanks for the link to the replay Tom. I watched a good chunk of the game last night on NHL Network, but missed it. That was a vicious hit.

It seemed pretty clear to me the hit was delivered as a response to Seabrook's hit 20 seconds earlier. Was Wisniewski's hit illegal? Yes. Intent to injure? Not sure...really hard to say. Uncalled for? IMHO, no. Seabrook was late delivering his check...which looked high and bounced the guy's head off of the boards. The hit he received clearly seemed retaliatory and, IMHO, definitely served a purpose. Just like fighting majors, some are uncalled for, but many serve a purpose in the game.

All IMHO.

While I agree the hit on Perry was late also, it only caught him high because Perry was bent low, I don't think there was any intent to deliver a head shot. Wiz left his feet and came charging from 65 feet out to put his stick and forearm into Seabrook's melon. I absolutely think if was uncalled for, but again, I respect your view, but hope that Campbell sees it the way I do.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #1352
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
Illegal hits should never been called for. Settle it in the appropriate manner....take off the gloves and fight it out. Players seem to be retaliating in an unprofessional manner and it's causing some serious injuries.
I don't think explained myself clearly. It was illegal in the fact it should have been a penalty. Fighting is, by the same definition, illegal. Same with hooking, slashing, etc.

I think what makes hockey such a great sport is that the players can, to some extent, police themselves. It's tough to balance self-policing and 100% clean play though. If rules were put in place that took some of that away I think the sport’s popularity would diminish even further.

It's kind of similar to the headache (pun not intended) that Nascar is dealing with right now. They want their drivers to police themselves on the track, because that's what the fans want. Then in their fourth race someone gets intentionally spun and accidentally flipped upside down. Oops! Now what? (Sorry for bringing Nascar into the discussion! )

To really confuse matters () if Wisniewski were suspended I wouldn't have a problem with it. I just didn't see the hit as "uncalled for". If a player gets hurt by way of an illegal hit, then I think it should be left up to the discretion of the league whether any further action should be taken (probation, fines, suspensions, etc.), regardless if the intent was to injure (which I think is impossible to determine anyway). The fact that the hit was illegal is enough for me.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #1353
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Now if only the Flyers had a dependable goalie... I am wary enough of Leighton. Now with him out for now (D2D), they have to rely on Boucher?

The Flyers haven't had a top 6 goalie since Lindbergh, arguably a top 10 in Hextall, but either way it's been more than or close to 20 years.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #1354
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

From ESPN.com:

Quote:
The NHL is suspending Anaheim Ducks defenseman James Wisniewski eight games for his hit on Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook, multiple sources told ESPN

Old 03-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #1355
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Boston Garden is going to be rocking tonight.
It's payback time the B's got to man up, that have to? The team is honoring the last team to win the cup and the legends will be in attendance?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #1356
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Matt Cooke was on the ice for about 10 seconds before Thornton almost punched his head through the ice.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #1357
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Boston Garden is going to be rocking tonight.
It's payback time the B's got to man up, that have to? The team is honoring the last team to win the cup and the legends will be in attendance?
Outside of the first 3 minutes of the game it was sloppy. I can't believe they are even an 8th seed right now.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #1358
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Brandon Prust is a bad motha fer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0b7APQdzyM
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #1359
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Wow, no opinions from those who thought Wisniewski's hit was legal?

Nice character win from the Hawks tonight while missing 3 of their top 5 defensemen. Byfuglien actually played some good D, and the Hawks tied the Sharks again for ast in the West.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #1360
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I thought it was Bush if that helps Tom. You know people dont have much to say when they get rick jamesd.

The Sharks continue their crap play dropping a 4th consecutive game. If the Yotes keep winning and the Sharks keep imploding they will be in 4th by next week. As it sits the Yotes have more wins so a tie will equal 4th for the Sharks. Why stop there though maybe they can manage to fall to 5th or 6th. One of the only bright notes has been Joe Pavelskis play. Fresh off the Olympics he has not gone into the Outhouse like certain other olympic participants who are having trouble locating the net. Tonight the Sharks had 22 shots missed the net. Nevermind those that did.

Good thing I sold off most of my first round tickets again. Sad listening to the broadcasters trying to say its because these other teams are desperate for points. The Sharks are now desperate for points.

Side note. The CCM Ovie curve is wicked sick. Just siiiiiiiiiiick. That is all.
OOOO and Bersmochi sucks. Friggin dude turned into a ghost.
Closed Thread