Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #1001
ahc4353

Default Re: NHL '08- '09 Thread

I would put five bucks on the Canes at whatever the Vegas odds are in that series.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #1002
jamesb3

Just got 4 tickets to Sunday game 2 at the Joe! Sweet!

Old 04-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #1003
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb3 View Post
Just got 4 tickets to Sunday game 2 at the Joe! Sweet!
I will try to be at your place by 5, James.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #1004
jamesb3

Game starts at 2:00pm EST Tom. Unless you were talking about the night before!

Here are my predictions for the next series.

Wings over Ducks in 5.
'Hawks over 'Nucks in 6.
Bruins over 'Canes in 6.
Penguins over Caps in 5.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #1005
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Game starts at 2:00pm EST Tom. Unless you were talking about the night before!

Here are my predictions for the next series.

Wings over Ducks in 5.
'Hawks over 'Nucks in 6.
Bruins over 'Canes in 6.
Penguins over Caps in 5.
Wish I could really go, James, haven't been to a playoff game in the Joe since 94-95.

I won't make predictions as too many things can happen...but here is what I would like to see happen.

Wings beat the Ducks.
Hawks beat the 'Nucks.
Canes beat the Bruins. (sorry Paul)
Caps beat the Pens.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #1006
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Always knew that the Irish machine from Chicago would stab the Irish machine from Boston in the back when given the chance. I still want a Boston v Chicago final.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #1007
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Always knew that the Irish machine from Chicago would stab the Irish machine from Boston in the back when given the chance. I still want a Boston v Chicago final.
I would not be at all opposed to an Orignal Irish 6 Finals, I just get nervous when I see a team with a guy who is bigger on skates than I am (Chara).

Old 04-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #1008
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Thanks, Al... but Mr. Broody has accepted the challenge. (Don't think he is a Bruins fan by nature, but he dissed my 'Canes chances, so it is on!

Maybe barney would take on one of the Massholes if they feel up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
As I am waiting for a fiver from one of the great Devil's fans here due to our friendly wager on that incredible first-round series...

I am willing to do the same with a Bruins fan. I will be happy to put my bundled and rolled leaves where my mouth is with the first Boston Bruins fan that PMs me and wants to put five cigars on it (not dog rockets, but they don't have to be super premiums either).

Looking forward to a good series... hoping Carolina can surpass Montreal's meager efforts and... who knows? There is a reason they play the games, you know? Ask the Sharks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
If you are looking for a bet Barney just bring it.
I could stand to part with 5 sticks. I could definetly benefit from an EASY fiver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
I posted your post in the Masshole banter thread Joe to see if I could get you a bet. he looks of it they are all talk up in bean town.

(But at least they are still playing)
Old 04-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #1009
jamesb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Wish I could really go, James, haven't been to a playoff game in the Joe since 94-95.

I won't make predictions as too many things can happen...but here is what I would like to see happen.

Wings beat the Ducks.
Hawks beat the 'Nucks.
Canes beat the Bruins. (sorry Paul)
Caps beat the Pens.
Would love to see these happen just don't think they will. Can always hope though.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #1010
Bigwaved

RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Bigwaved has disabled reputation

Quote:
How about old man Fedorov, he almost looked 19 again in that 3rd period....good for him. I gotta say, as much as I like to slam him, Avery played a helluva game too, very strong along the boards with the puck.

Holy Moley in NJ.....crazy ending there, too! Congrats Joe, quite a finish from your guys!
That is the problem with Avery. He could play real hockey, but he reverts to being a punk most of the time.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #1011
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Would love to see these happen just don't think they will. Can always hope though.
I dunno, Capitals are on a roll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwaved View Post
That is the problem with Avery. He could play real hockey, but he reverts to being a punk most of the time.
Like so many before him...has the skills, but it head is just messed up most of the time.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #1012
bugmenot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tony
Trading: (4)
bugmenot is on a distinguished road

Hoping the Hawks and Wings win in the West. In the East, Caps and Cans, but doubt both of those will happen.

I think the Wings will be able to put away the Ducks in 5 or 6 games, depending on how they come out in the first game. I always think it takes teams a bit of time after they have had a long break in the playoffs. I think 3 days is a good break, but anything more than that, and I start worrying about getting back the intensity. There is a huge difference between preparing, and actually doing.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #1013
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

I hope Chigago beats Vancouver, it's been long overdue for the Blackhawks. It's great to see them getting better. I remember some of the great playoff series between them in the late 80s and early 90s. Heck I would sneak out of bed to watch them on a crappy black and white TV in my room as a kid.

In the East, it's great to see New Jersey go down. They always seem to play the Wings tough. I kind of like to see the Canes do well, if for no other reason than the Karmanos/Detroit connection, and my step-dad works for CompuWare. However, I love the original six teams more. Go Bruins.

Caps/Pens, honestly I couldn't care less. I guess some of this boils down to the fact that I think the only team left that can beat the Wings in a series is the Ducks. Hopefully the Wings can make it past them and cruise on to another Stanley Cup.

I'm sure the flaming will commence now....
Old 04-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #1014
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwaved View Post
It amazes me that Avery gets more bad press (here and in the papers/news than that "hit" Brashear's pulled on Betts.

Is Avery an a$$? No doubt, but come on.

I don't get it.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #1015
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Man Wilsons press conference yesterday was intresting. He is always mr. calm. He was not for the first time in years. He said there would be BIG changes. The ownership said his job was safe and Wilson said the coaching staff was fine. I think Joe and Marleau are in the crosshairs.

In a post game interview Marleau stated he had a stained acl. Wilson when asked about this said I dont want to hear any excuses. If you arent hurt at this time of year there is something wrong with you. Appears Boyle has earned the captain C and Marleau has lost it. Wilson even implied the team may get rid of more than a few key plaayers and not be as competitive next year.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #1016
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Tonights game @ channelsurfing.net

Chicago at Vancouver 9:00PM EST
Old 04-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #1017
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I would not be at all opposed to an Orignal Irish 6 Finals, I just get nervous when I see a team with a guy who is bigger on skates than I am (Chara).

B's vs Hawks would be great. Any O six Final would be great.

Canes will not take the series they may come out flying in the first game but that will be it B's in 5 or 6.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #1018
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Tonights game @ channelsurfing.net

Chicago at Vancouver 9:00PM EST
Can you watch full games there? Are all NHL playoff games streamed live?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #1019
bugmenot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tony
Trading: (4)
bugmenot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Man Wilsons press conference yesterday was intresting. He is always mr. calm. He was not for the first time in years. He said there would be BIG changes. The ownership said his job was safe and Wilson said the coaching staff was fine. I think Joe and Marleau are in the crosshairs.

In a post game interview Marleau stated he had a stained acl. Wilson when asked about this said I dont want to hear any excuses. If you arent hurt at this time of year there is something wrong with you. Appears Boyle has earned the captain C and Marleau has lost it. Wilson even implied the team may get rid of more than a few key plaayers and not be as competitive next year.
I saw the quotes that they had, and I could tell he was not a happy guy. They would show him during stoppages in the 3rd period of game 6, and he had a look of disgust on his face. He wants results, and he should get them with what he has done for the team. I hope ownerships keeps him around for a long time, as he has a desire to win, and makes good decisions. He say anything about ticket prices?

I thought from the first post-game interviews, that Boyle deserved the C. I like Marleau a lot, but maybe he needs to be out of the spotlight. I still don't think they should trade him, as he is the best performing player in the playoffs. Everyone got on him a couple of years ago for his showing in Detroit, but the series before that he played well, and in the Detroit series nobody did.

It is going to be an interesting offseason, and I am sure that there will be a lot of changes, either in quantity, or magnitude. I would bet money on one of the core players being gone, as well as one or two secondary players. I don't see them keeping Cheecho, especially with the way Setoguchi played. Cheecho hasn't been right since that hit in the playoffs against Nashville. I'm actually excited for the offseason to see how everything ends up.

-----------------------------------

Can't wait till 6 o'clock tonight! I find the Hawks to be an exciting team to watch, hopefully they can put some past Luongo. Canucks are going to have to make sure they don't take nearly as many penalties though, can't do that with the Hawks.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #1020
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I guess some of this boils down to the fact that I think the only team left that can beat the Wings in a series is the Ducks. Hopefully the Wings can make it past them and cruise on to another Stanley Cup.

I'm sure the flaming will commence now....
I think the Hawks could give the Wings a better series than the Ducks.

Hopefully, they both win and we can see. Khabby is going to have to play big against Vancouver for the Hawks to advance though.

Closed Thread