Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #1341
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of
Default Re: NHL '08- '09 Thread

Congrats, Tom, on an incredible win by the Hawks.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #1342
jamesb3

Congrats to your Hawks Tom. Here's hoping the Wings can get it done tomorrow and complete our dream matchup.

GO WINGS!!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #1343
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb3 View Post
Congrats to your Hawks Tom. Here's hoping the Wings can get it done tomorrow and complete our dream matchup.

GO WINGS!!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #1344
gpugliese
B.Y.O.B.

First Name: Greg
Trading: (13)
HUpmann
gpugliese will become famous soon enough

I'm a Rangers fan, but I'm really hoping for a Blackhawks/Bruins Stanley Cup Final. I wouldn't mind Washington or to a lesser extent Detroit getting in, but at this point I'm sick of Pittsburgh and Anaheim.

Also, earlier in the playoffs, a Vancouver newspaper asked fans to send in their best parade routes (link may or may not work) using Google Maps.

A Rangers fan came up with this, LOL:

So much for those routes...
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #1345
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Congrats to Tom's Blackhawks on the series win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Congrats Tom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Congrats, Tom, on an incredible win by the Hawks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb3 View Post
Thanks Guys! First trip to the Conference Finals in 14 years, been a long time coming.

Hawks will definitely be the underdogs to the Wings (they are gonna finish Anaheim tomorrow), but hey, they play the games for a reason. I just have to hope the Ozzie is average, because I know the Wings are gonna score some goals.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #1346
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #1347
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Congrats Tom.
This years playoffs make me realize just how screwed the Sharks are and we as fans.

The Blackhawks are a good young team and will likely have multiple runs at the cups in the next few years. Very exciting game. To see Luongo raped in such a manner repeatedly was very suprising.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #1348
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
neither does ovi....No disrespect Al, you know I love your family but thinking that the league is some how making the series go this way or that so that this guy will win a ring is really not rational thinking.
They are certainly engaging in selective punishment when it comes to suspensions in the post season.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #1349
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Tonight B's Canes Can't wait

Lets go BRUINS. Game 7 at home.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #1350
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

great to see the hawks advancing
Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #1351
ahc4353

None taken. And I agree with you. Just found it interesting that thought come up twice.

Quote:
neither does ovi....No disrespect Al, you know I love your family but thinking that the league is some how making the series go this way or that so that this guy will win a ring is really not rational thinking.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #1352
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

after this series I will no longer accept "ovi is the best player" comments. He's a cheap shot artist, he's out to hurt people, he's a cherry picker, and he's a no class dirty player. He is a tremendous goal scorer, he is not a two way player. Give me Sid, give me Malkin, give me Stall, give me the caps goalie whose name I will not even try and spell, give me havlat. you can keep ovi
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #1353
ahc4353

OK I'll keep Ovi and Stall you keep the rest.

We must not be watching the same guy. Cherry picker I'll give but the other, not so sure.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #1354
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Quote:
after this series I will no longer accept "ovi is the best player" comments. He's a cheap shot artist, he's out to hurt people, he's a cherry picker, and he's a no class dirty player. He is a tremendous goal scorer, he is not a two way player. Give me Sid, give me Malkin, give me Stall, give me the caps goalie whose name I will not even try and spell, give me havlat. you can keep ovi
And most people would say you can keep Cindy. He is a diver, a whiner and a cry baby who doesn't deserve to wear the C. I know I wouldn't want that crap on my team. Also, I still haven't seen this angle that shows definitively that Ovechkin was out to hurt Gonchar. It just seems like an unfortunate injury to me. You say that Ovechkin is not a two way player but his +/- is 11 and he has 20 points for the playoffs. You may not like the guy because he is playing against your team, but the kid is good.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #1355
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
And most people would say you can keep Cindy. He is a diver, a whiner and a cry baby who doesn't deserve to wear the C. I know I wouldn't want that crap on my team. Also, I still haven't seen this angle that shows definitively that Ovechkin was out to hurt Gonchar. It just seems like an unfortunate injury to me. You say that Ovechkin is not a two way player but his +/- is 11 and he has 20 points for the playoffs. You may not like the guy because he is playing against your team, but the kid is good.
I don't care who he's playing against, every hit he has could be called a charge and this goes way past the gonchar hit. you can not honestly think he's a two way player? he spends the majority of the time in the neutral zone hanging out by the offensive zone blue. He's a tremendous goal scorer, he have ungodly power, he is a dirty player

does sid deserve the C, I don't know. I'm not in the locker room. And after last nights game you can kindly STFU about diving. the caps were falling over like cuban ash in a breeze last night so I don't want to hear it.

can we all agree that the new sticks suck?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 AM   #1356
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Quote:
I don't care who he's playing against, every hit he has could be called a charge and this goes way past the gonchar hit. you can not honestly think he's a two way player? he spends the majority of the time in the neutral zone hanging out by the offensive zone blue. He's a tremendous goal scorer, he have ungodly power, he is a dirty player

does sid deserve the C, I don't know. I'm not in the locker room. And after last nights game you can kindly STFU about diving. the caps were falling over like cuban ash in a breeze last night so I don't want to hear it.

can we all agree that the new sticks suck?
So since other people take dives it is okay for Crosby to do it? As far as being a two-way player, all I can say is not a lot of goals are scored by the other team while he is on the ice.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #1357
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
So since other people take dives it is okay for Crosby to do it?
where did I ever say that?

well back to cigar chat for me
Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #1358
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Caps/Pens and Hawks/Canucks series were both great to watch last night. Glad the Hawks move on and think this Caps/Pens series deserves a game 7 it has been so awesome.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #1359
glassjapan
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (11)
glassjapan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not sure which player you're watching. I see him backchecking, forechecking, and for the most part working his butt off. Except for the times, and they can be a lot sometimes, when he stays on the ice too long. I like star players that will smash you in the mouth. Take their hits and dish them out. "Dirty" to me is stickwork. Dirty is jumping the opposing centerman and sneaking him when he doesn't know it's coming. Dirty is getting in the scrum and punching a guy in the sack when his back is to you. Can't stand soft players that stay in the refs ear. But that's just me...
Old 05-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #1360
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjapan View Post
Can't stand soft players that stay in the refs ear. But that's just me...
Hmmmmm....who could that be describing?

Closed Thread