Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Topps Bunt...Any Others Out There??

Remember the days when you bought a pack of baseball cards and couldn't wait to thumb through them to see if you received a star player, all the while loading your face with that stale bubblegum? Well, the baseball card hobby has evolved. I was big into it before I discovered cigars (couldn't afford both hobbies ).

Now that we are in a digital age, Topps has introduced a digital baseball card collections via their Topps Bunt App. Collect your favorite team, trade with other users, put together a starting lineup and earn points based on how your players do that day. Their are inserts, digital signature cards, etc. You earn "coins" based on different things and can buy packs using those "coins". I still enjoy the hobby and thought this was a pretty cool concept. Wondering if there are any other baseball card geeks out there?

My user name is KELMAC07 if anyone here is using it. And of course, I'm always looking for Mets.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Topps Bunt...Any Others Out There??

Very cool! I might have to check this out...
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Cool. I need to look into it.
Ill trade you a sack of potatoes, a half eaten slice of pizza, and a used men's bicycle seat for David Wright? LMK!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds sweet.
I used to date a girl who's kid and I collected tons of cards. I kept mainly Deion, Steve Avery, and Greg Maddux rookies. Jackson kept Bonds rookies. Tons.
We had a baseball card machine and stands and racks and would sell and trade cards at all the carnivals cause his grandparents were the balloon people.
We made a killing and had the most awesome collection you'd ever imagine.
I left him all the stuff when I shook off his crazy mother. I wonder if he ever kept any of it?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Ill trade you a sack of potatoes, a half eaten slice of pizza, and a used men's bicycle seat for David Wright? LMK!!!
What kind of pizza?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

I collect a select few because I can't store all that many very neatly. Just the Topps Turkey Red and other vintage style Red Sox Cards and inserts. Haven't bought anything since I bought a condo and re-discovered cigars. I do have a Turkey Red Pedroia prospect signature card. That reminds me; I have to update my World Series display.

BTW, maybe you should wander over to the New Inmate Processing Area:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Last edited by Subvet642; 05-04-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

I hear ya Darren. I have a HUGE Kenny Lofton collection. Enough that I took out a rider policy to protect it. Loaded with autographed stuff, balls, game used bats, game used batting gloves, game used cleats, game used fielding glove, a load of unique items, etc...and a TON of Lofton cards.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Oops! I posted an edit in the wrong place. I feel like a friggin' idiot.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #9
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I hear ya Darren. I have a HUGE Kenny Lofton collection. Enough that I took out a rider policy to protect it. Loaded with autographed stuff, balls, game used bats, game used batting gloves, game used cleats, game used fielding glove, a load of unique items, etc...and a TON of Lofton cards.
I have a few other collectables; but only what looks neat and tidy. I'm kinda anal that way.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
What kind of pizza?
Anchovy .
Old 05-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Anchovy .
No deal!!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #12
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Anchovy .
I friggin' love anchovies! Do you know...that if you order a double anchovy pizza, they will always call you back to confirm.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #13
GWN
Snow City

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
GWN will become famous soon enoughGWN will become famous soon enough

I miss that dry-ass gum that used to come with the cards. Flavour lasted for five seconds, but it was a good five seconds.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

No one else playing? I've amassed quite the collection in a few short weeks.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #15
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Refreshing this...any Bunters out there?
Old 11-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
How about a middle finger for Jose Canseco?