Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road
Default My first Tat

I just had my first Tatuaje, it was a El Triunfador that I received off the Newbie trade from Howard/HollywoodQue. I was a little nervous about trying a Tat because I heard they are full cigars and my pallet can only handle mediums. I gotta tell you, what a smoke. It's a medium cigar with very little to no spice and very creamy. I can't tell you the tastes cause I'm not that good yet. The draw was excellent and so was the burn. I will definitely be ordering some of these to keep in my humi. I just received a couple of Cabaiguans and also have a La Riqueza that I'm going to try. For anyone with a medium pallet and would like to try a Tat, I definitely recommend these. Thanks to HollywoodQue for a great smoke.
Humpdebump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: My first Tat

Thanks for the review, I just got bombed some Tats and I am dying to try them, too bad the weather here sucks sdo it will be awhile yet.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

The El Triunfador blend is not the same as the base line Tat or special releases which tend to be on the full side. When people just say Tatuaje, they usually mean the Brown, Black or Red Label. This cigar is not referred to as a Tat. It's an El Triunfador by Tatuaje. And I agree, great cigars. The lancero rocks!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

I too can't handle the stronger sticks I would recommend the Tat White similar in flavors of the El Triunfador...thanks for the review
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Glas that you enjoyed them Chris...be happy that I didn't send one of my last Tat Barclay Rex 100 anniversary.... now that's a full flavor pepper attack...lol
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Or a Pork Tenderloin they pack a very decent Vitamin N punch. But so tasty. The DPG My Father Lancero is also quite the Vitamin N bomb, I like them though. The lancero size is so underused.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

yep this is a very nice stick
glad you got to enjoy one
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
The El Triunfador blend is not the same as the base line Tat or special releases which tend to be on the full side. When people just say Tatuaje, they usually mean the Brown, Black or Red Label. This cigar is not referred to as a Tat. It's an El Triunfador by Tatuaje. And I agree, great cigars. The lancero rocks!
Good to know, I'll have to keep that in mind when I have the others
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
thecatch83

Quote:
And white labels, which I still have a ten of. Great daily/morning sticks .....the AM's are great as well
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
Chavez

Well, you have broken the seal. Might want to consider finding a part time job to cover the new cigar tab;-)...

La Riqueza is, in my opinion, one fantastic blend. Definitely not as full bodied as the regular Tatuaje lines, but just as refined and classy. Sounds like you're getting broken in good and proper!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
RatherUneek
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Rich
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
RatherUneek is on a distinguished road

You may also consider the Havana VI (red label). That was my first Tat and i really enjoyed it. That is what got my to try non-mild cigars. I thought that I only could handle mild smokes because I was a new smoker and just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. I'm not saying that's the case with you thought. But seriously consider the Havana VI, great smoke.
RatherUneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #12
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The El Triunfadr lancero with the broad leaf maduro is one of my favorite sticks of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
And white labels, which I still have a ten of. Great daily/morning sticks .....the AM's are great as well
The white label is still one I haven't tried...which sucks because aren't these discontinued?
Old 04-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Sin
Huskin Corn & smkin cgars

First Name: Pete
Trading: (0)
Sin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa View Post
The white label is still one I haven't tried...which sucks because aren't these discontinued?
Theyre coming back in a sumatra wrapper I believe.
Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavez View Post
Well, you have broken the seal. Might want to consider finding a part time job to cover the new cigar tab;-)...
Tats are delicious, but be warned that in the not-too-distant future you'll be scraping together the last of your pennies and trying to track down yet another single-store release. The path of the Tat whore is steep and slippery (and tasty)!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #15
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseboston81 View Post
Tats are delicious, but be warned that in the not-too-distant future you'll be scraping together the last of your pennies and trying to track down yet another single-store release. The path of the tat whore is steep and slippery (and tasty)!
Amen!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #16
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin View Post
No kidding?!?!? I'll have to keep an eye out for those.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #17
thecatch83

The whites as far as I know are discontinued......and the Ambos Mundos is the new budget Tat. Not sure about a Sumatran, but that sounds delicious!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

I better watch my step and not slip on a loose rock an fall down hill. I'm gonna try the Cabuiguan and La Riqueza before I order some more. Might as well make it all at once, and also try the Havana VI and Ambos Mundos. $hit, I think I'm already slipping.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #19
thecatch83

The Havana VI (especially the Angeles) is outstanding, and a go to stick if there ever was one!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #20
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
The whites as far as I know are discontinued......and the Ambos Mundos is the new budget Tat. Not sure about a Sumatran, but that sounds delicious!
I actually just got an email about these today:

Series P Sumatra

The Series P was originally created in 2006 and comes back again in 2011. Made in the "cuban sandwich" style using both long and medium fillers and a Sumatra wrapper. Medium bodied, all Nicaraguan tobacco. It is made in Esteli Nicaragua at the My Father Cigars factory. Also referred to as the "White Label", it is packed in boxes of 20 this time around, further transferring the value of this quality smoke.

Series P Short Robusto (4 1/2 x 52) - New for 2011
Series P Robusto (5 x 50) - New for 2011
Series P Toro (6 x 50) - New for 2011