Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #5421
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Dropped off my AR to the local shop to sell. If it sells, it'll net me a $500 profit that I'll use toward a new build.

They had 5-6 ARs on cosignment but the people were asking a rediculous prices ($3500 and up). The shop said those will be hard to sell
Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #5422
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Couple more pics of that RED-X upper:

Old 02-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #5423
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pete View Post
Dropped off my AR to the local shop to sell. If it sells, it'll net me a $500 profit that I'll use toward a new build.

They had 5-6 ARs on cosignment but the people were asking a rediculous prices ($3500 and up). The shop said those will be hard to sell
Nice, hope it sells in your area! My area prices have dropped below $1500 for normal AR's now
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #5424
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Nice guns Francis. Like the looks of that Red-X upper.

Well Camera and Lens should be here on Tuesday, just in time for my 2 days off
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #5425
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

nice nice, plenty of time to get to know her

yeah, that red-x upper is pretty nice looking. Funny thing is, if I parted it out and sold each one on gunbroker as parts, the PSA gun would fetch a couple hundred more!!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #5426
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

That redx upper is brand spankin new.... not sure whether I should run a clip through it in the morning and sell a "tested working" gun... or leave it be and sell a brand new gun....
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #5427
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

leave it NIB
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #5428
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Kentucky Gun Co has the 100rd AR mags in stock. $200

http://www.kygunco.com/kci-ar15-m16-...BMag%2BSpecial
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #5429
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

I have a trade offer for my S&W.460 mag XVR revolver (with 100 rounds) for a 20" double-star 6.5 Grendel upper with 350 rounds of ammo,five mags, Nikon one piece scope mount and a cheap scope.

A good friend of mine and myself are planning on building grendels for hunting purposes (Four legged) anyway, this sounds like a good load testing and general fun upper.

Your thoughts? would you trade a 1K revolver for the package?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #5430
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Thinking I'll sell my MINI 14 as well.... keep the mags, sell the gun. Two AR's in the house will be enough for now, and I can always buy another mini later... but it will be nice to have the cash in reserve while I'm in south America.

Don't feel like lugging that around on my should tomorrow though... two ARs will be enough.... I'll probably just post it on gunbroker. Easier to post a mini14 online than it is to post a parts gun.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #5431
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Crap.. just noticed that both ears on my dog (Lab) are full of pus... trip to the vet in the morning may be in order rather than the gun show.....
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #5432
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Francis, ever get your ammo shipped?

Sorry bout your dag
Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #5433
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

yeah, got the ammo shipped finally. he spent a few minutes looking up regs, and finally took it. had my hand poised on the speedial
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #5434
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
yeah, got the ammo shipped finally. he spent a few minutes looking up regs, and finally took it. had my hand poised on the speedial
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #5435
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

yep, vet scheduled for 11:45, and gun show is an hour away, so no show today! And I've learned that the Sunday show is USELESS for selling... Another show in 2 weeks, but that's an eternity in this market... So possibly off to gunbroker with the parts.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #5436
larryinlc
Angry Packer Fan

First Name: Larry
Trading: (15)
larryinlc has disabled reputation

Has anyone here ordered a Henry rifle lately? A friend and myself ordered two 17 hmr Golden Boys last October 6th and they're still not here. I know they were having some production problems with tooling for the 17 hmr and then the hurricane hit, but 5 months seems like a long time. Just wondering if anybody has tried to order anything through Henry lately.

Larry
Old 02-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #5437
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Is the dag going south with u?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #5438
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

NO.... the dog is a presently a huge problem. He was mom's dog (although I grew up with him), but she was forced to go to assisted living last year. He's a healthy farm raised 12 year old dog, no major health problems (today was his first ever ear infection). Best damned dog I've ever had, well trained, not an ounce of aggression in him. And even at 12 he's still got an 18 hour bladder. Breaks my heart to see him go, but I've got to find him a home. A REAL home, where he'll be loved.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #5439
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

That sux bro. I know it's gotta be hard.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #5440
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Couple more pics of that RED-X upper:

Sorry to hear about your dog

Beautiful gun. Never looked in to building one and probably never will. What does it cost at non gouger prices to put something like that together? Bought my neighbors DPMS 243 after he passed away at a great price, but might want to get a 223 eventually.
Closed Thread