Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #41
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First Firearms II

Lookin' good.

I just got a red dot and magnifier on my AR15. Nothing wild. I went somewhat cheap with the set up since I do not use it.... maybe 5 times a year. I need to get out there more but I can't find anyone to split some ammo with to make it cheaper to buy.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:10 AM   #42
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Done, stock will change when my order from PSA arrives.
Shot it yesterday afrernoon too.

2015-02-24_18.44.06-1 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 02-25-2015, 07:01 AM   #43
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Looks good Justin, one day I might have to get around to building one.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:52 AM   #44
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Gonna bring it to the guy who built the upper. Needs the gas port opened up some. She short strokes. Fires, rejects, but fails to strip a round most of the time and fails to lock open on empty mag
Old 02-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #45
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Gonna bring it to the guy who built the upper. Needs the gas port opened up some. She short strokes. Fires, rejects, but fails to strip a round most of the time and fails to lock open on empty mag
Sounds like the gas line has a crimp on the bend. If it isnt dirt at the frond end of the port.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #46
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm gonna buy an M9. Everybody line up and laugh at me.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #47
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
Sounds like the gas line has a crimp on the bend. If it isnt dirt at the frond end of the port.
nah its a 11.5 barrel. im better smaller than needed gas port. gonna have him measure it first
Old 02-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #48
dijit
Have My Own Room

dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Why laugh? Its reliable, big, accurate, big, can hold a boat almost as well as an old computer monitor, and its big.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #49
dijit
Have My Own Room

Quote:
nah its a 11.5 barrel. im better smaller than needed gas port. gonna have him measure it first
I did forget its a short barrel. Probably true the smaller port wont vent enough pressure.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #50
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why laugh? Its reliable, big, accurate, big, can hold a boat almost as well as an old computer monitor, and its big.
I know, right?
I figured it'd be good for pounding nails. Plus it'd be a great gun for my wife and daughter to learn on. Move up from those .22's up to 9mm and not have to worry about the jump. It'd give them some confidence before going to a little .380 or a little 9.

At $600 new, I think they're a bit high. I'd think I could get a second-hand hardly used for 400 bucks.
Or 10 bucks for one that's been in action and racks itself.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #51
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
I did forget its a short barrel. Probably true the smaller port wont vent enough pressure.
its all good. guy who put it together is gonna open the hole up a lil
Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #52
dijit
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I know, right?
I figured it'd be good for pounding nails. Plus it'd be a great gun for my wife and daughter to learn on. Move up from those .22's up to 9mm and not have to worry about the jump. It'd give them some confidence before going to a little .380 or a little 9.

At $600 new, I think they're a bit high. I'd think I could get a second-hand hardly used for 400 bucks.
Or 10 bucks for one that's been in action and racks itself.
Or get the Taurus counter part PT 99 or PT 92 just as reliable only difference is where the safety is and about 2/3 the cost of the Baretta.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #53
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Or get the Taurus counter part PT 99 or PT 92 just as reliable only difference is where the safety is and about 2/3 the cost of the Baretta.
Bah. No likey.
I looked at prices, and for all the more I'd save, I'd much rather get what I know I'd like. Actually it's the M9A1 I want.
Mainly because it'll go on my leg and I can triple wield.
Then I'll just need to get a couple of those James Bond guns you flick out of your sleeves and I'll be set.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #54
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think I'm gonna buy an M9. Everybody line up and laugh at me.
A couple of years ago that's what my son wanted and I tried to convince him to get a 1911 in 45 caliber. He got the M9 and loves it and I gotta say it is the sweetest shooting gun we have. Sweet.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #55
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

i want the m9a3 when they release it
Old 02-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #56
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
i want the m9a3 when they release it
I understand that the contract for the m9a3 got shot down.
Will they still build the gun for regular folk?
Old 02-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #57
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

from what i understand yes

ETA: http://info.beretta.com/m9a3

Last edited by emopunker2004; 02-25-2015 at 12:03 PM.
emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:18 PM   #58
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Thanks, Justin.
I signed up. I sure hope she comes in black.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #59
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Got a chance for a 1911 at what seems like a decent price. It's a build based on an Essex frame. Anyone here have personal experience with an Essex build?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #60
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Thanks, Justin.
I signed up. I sure hope she comes in black.
If not, there is always cerakote. I like the color though.