Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 06-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #21
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Greatest single sporting moment of your life.

"Down goes Furball! Down goes Furball! "

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #22
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
There are a few for me.
Miracle on ice.
'86 Mets
Giants v Buffalo
And a few more but the number one, Giants screwing up the Patriots perfect season.
This
Old 06-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #23
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Miracle on Ice, still.
In my 62 yrs on this planet, there have been many really great moments in the world of sports. That makes it a tough decision. However...

I'll have to agree with James, when the USA kicked the big bad boy on the blocks rear end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYscemhnf88

It's Patriotic and still brings tears to my eyes watching this young USA team kick butt...
Old 06-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #24
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Speaking of patriotic victories, how about somebody choosing the 1976 Olympics decathlon win?
Old 06-20-2015, 01:26 AM   #25
dvickery
Team of 1

First Name: derrek
Trading: (0)
dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

i coached one of my boys soccer teams(alternated which one from year to year ) for about nine years ... at the end of one of those years ... all the soccer moms of the team got together and hand made a thank you card for me ... still have it .

derrek
Old 06-20-2015, 01:55 AM   #26
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Alaska's Sporting Clay Championships I've only seen pictures but they way it was described to me by YSR Racer, it was something of a lifetime.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #27
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

2001 NHL All Star weekend and game in Denver. What a weekend, got to meet a lot of current and former players including one of my all time favorites Bryan Trottier who was such a nice guy, very personable and only being about 10 feet away from Wayne Gretzky but there was so many people mobbing him it was kind of scary. Jari Kurri, Phil Esposito and last but not least Lanny McDonald who might have had the best mustache I have ever seen in person
Great memories for sure
Old 06-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjammer View Post
2001 NHL All Star weekend and game in Denver. What a weekend, got to meet a lot of current and former players including one of my all time favorites Bryan Trottier who was such a nice guy, very personable and only being about 10 feet away from Wayne Gretzky but there was so many people mobbing him it was kind of scary. Jari Kurri, Phil Esposito and last but not least Lanny McDonald who might have had the best mustache I have ever seen in person
Great memories for sure
Trots was the guy who brought the Cup to Burgh in 90 and 91. He turned that bunch of kids into a team.
When I think of him, it's like he's been in Pittsburgh forever, and he only played 3 or 4 years.
You picked a real good favorite. A class act.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #29
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Alaska's Sporting Clay Championships I've only seen pictures but they way it was described to me by YSR Racer, it was something of a lifetime.
I would kill for some venison sausage all of a sudden, but sadly I'm one of the poor people.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #30
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjammer View Post
Great memories for sure
How awesome was his mustache? His mustache had a mustache of its own and his mustache's mustache was cooler than most man can dream of.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #31
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

As a participant, I'd say it was a tie between the first time that I red-pointed Ring of Fire (http://www.mountainproject.com/v/ring-of-fire/105789153) and the time that my soccer team, with me playing sweeper-stopper, beat the Seattle Sounders 1-0 (I think it was 1987 and the Sounders were not the team that they are today, by a long shot).
Old 06-20-2015, 04:58 PM   #32
YankeeMan
Just moved South

First Name: Rick
Partagas
YankeeMan will become famous soon enough

Mine came when I was umpiring a womens softball game. I got to see an unassisted triple play!

You ask me how? Well, there were runners on first and second and the shortstop was playing way too close to second base, maybe anticipating a double play. The batter hit a screaming line drive and the runners took off. The shortstop went about 4 feet in the air, snagged the fly ball and landed on second base, making the second out.

The runner from first was running with her head down and did not see the catch and was pulling into second base as the shortstop reached out and tagged her. Triple play!
Old 06-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #33
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post
Mine came when I was umpiring a womens softball game. I got to see an unassisted triple play!

You ask me how? Well, there were runners on first and second and the shortstop was playing way too close to second base, maybe anticipating a double play. The batter hit a screaming line drive and the runners took off. The shortstop went about 4 feet in the air, snagged the fly ball and landed on second base, making the second out.

The runner from first was running with her head down and did not see the catch and was pulling into second base as the shortstop reached out and tagged her. Triple play!
That's awesome dude.

I was at this game when John Valentin did it for the RS.

https://youtu.be/YXJuw4Rd0ck
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #34
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
How awesome was his mustache? His mustache had a mustache of its own and his mustache's mustache was cooler than most man can dream of.

Looked the same in 2001
Old 06-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #35
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Stole it from me!