Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Old 02-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough
Default Field Cigar Kit

I have seen plenty of posts askin about deploying with cigars. I shared my Fob Tough Boxidor (aka TAT box with coolidor inside) that we had in Iraq on our last deployment

Now we are heading out for a month in India so I am packing my "Field Cigar Kit" and thought I would share

Off course, this is for sharing and not all for me
Old 02-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Field Cigar Kit

Good stuff Chappy!!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
celtic250
Smoke em if ya got em

First Name: Greg
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
celtic250 is on a distinguished road

Looking very good!
celtic250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough

Heading out tonight. Might get to check in while we are there but I doubt it

Had a few of my guys ask me if I was going to have a stash of cigars to hand out.
Went back and made some more room and added a few more

Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
tengel78

Looks good!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Cigar Mike
Thankful.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (2)
Montecristo CoastGuard (Deployed)
Cigar Mike is on a distinguished road

Much nicer than my current fly-away kit. (Mine is a piece of $1.50 tupperware from the exchange that only holds about 12 sticks.) It turns out the Pelican case I had originally (much like the one on the left in your photo) was too thick to fit in the coffin racks and too wide to fit in our tiny lockers.
Cigar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

Army (Active)

Back from India. Good time, the Indian officers sure no how to put together an officer's mess in the field- British style with good food, an open bar and I brought a few cigars

I did finally get to try Vat69 Scotch - Lewis Nixon's drink of choice in Band of Brothers. Even brought a bottle back. Good stuff
Old 03-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmitchem View Post
Back from India. Good time, the Indian officers sure no how to put together an officer's mess in the field- British style with good food, an open bar and I brought a few cigars

I did finally get to try Vat69 Scotch - Lewis Nixon's drink of choice in Band of Brothers. Even brought a bottle back. Good stuff
Glad to hear! Thanks for serving! I always wondered if that stuff was any good.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

Army (Active)

It is a Blended Scotch - which I prefer the single malt but this stuff is not bad at all, just a different tast with a good bit of nostalgia to go with it. Check out the Wikipedia page on it.

Also brought back some Old Monk Rum which is made in India. The funny thing is all Indian Army officers get issued a case of the stuff each month.