Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
swh127
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Scott
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
swh127 is on a distinguished road
Default Tobacco Removal

I know that the only true way to get rid of tobacco smoke is to exhaust it.

However, over the winter I started smoking in the house and the smoke smell still lingers the next day.

I have tried mitigating it with soy candles and putting a fan in the window. But that gets cold.

I saw another thread about using air purifiers and found this one on ebay. Was just curious if anyone had any thoughs.

Green Air
swh127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tobacco Removal

heres a good thread for you.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=ozone
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

deffinitly looks to be worth a try, once i get a job i might pick one of those up to try. I personally dont want an ozone purifier thing
Old 03-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Ozone machines work great for killing odor in a room, just don't want to be sitting in a room with one on. At least not for any period of time.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
deffinitly looks to be worth a try, once i get a job i might pick one of those up to try. I personally dont want an ozone purifier thing
That looks to be what it is. Mike is correct but if you read the thread Zeuce linked me and Dom both give our experiences with these machines. There's a good bit of info there.

In that thread I also linked the machine Starwood Hotels use. They work wonderfully although they are a bit pricey.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

yeah but i want something to run while im smoking. so the ozone machine is a no go...
Old 03-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
sam a
... .. .

Trading: (2)
QdO
sam a has disabled reputation

a good friend of mine uses a lampe berger and has great results with it.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #8
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

There are some machines such as the Bionaire Hepa Filter machines that also include an air ionizer which is different than an ozone machine. These work very well but the downside is that the machines run over $100 for a machine to take care of a large room and I am not sure of the price for the optional ionizer. The replacement filters are also relatively expensive. These are among the most effective air cleaners on the market. As an alternative, some folks have had luck by running a room humidifier after smoking. I don't know why this works but it seems to do a decent job. Hope that this helps.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Right Paul is. The de-ionizer will work while you're smoking, but my best advice is to exchange air while smoking if at all possible. Smoke eaters/air purifiers like this tend to be expensive. Exchange air while smoking and use ozone to kill odor after the fact.