Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
cigars_n_scotch

Default The nerve of ERA caps...Your thoughts?

So tonight after work I had a few errands to run and at the end of it decided to stop in the local Modell's Sporting Goods to see what Phillies gear they had after the fightins won the NLCS last night so I can add to my collection. Walk in and they have a ton of nice gear so I pick up a couple of shirts for me and my girl, a window flag, and a nice ERA fitted cap. Everything was reasonably priced, you know something you'd expect to pay for a shirt like $14.99-$21.99. The flag was like $7, not bad. Here's where it gets good. The fitted cap I bought was.........wait for it.......here you go......$32!!!! My mouth dropped when I looked at the receipt. Damn! I cannot believe that baseball hats are costing $32 nowadays, it's insane. Typically I've been buying hats for $25, something like a DVS, Volcom, Etnies and the like from PacSun. ERA has some balls charging that much considering it has less material than a shirt and it's just a hat (at least that's how I look at it).

I'm just surprised that a baseball cap is that expensive (in relative terms it's not really, I've spent more in an hours worth of drinking at the bar and you don't even get anything out of that besides getting tipsy) I just remember paying $14-$16 for a cap, and I'm not that old (29).

I guess I can't really complain and should be happy I am a man considering what women have to pay for accessories. Prices are just crazy these days.