Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #41
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: My HCM beads just are not working anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0Odle View Post
so 50count humidor ... 2ounces is fine? i wont lbs of it?
Plug in the dimensions of your humidor HERE to find out the appropriate amount of beads for your humidor. It's always a safe bet to buy a little more than it says you need, it helps the humidor recover faster after the lid is opened.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #42
n0Odle
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
n0Odle is on a distinguished road

Thank you. I already did the calculation and it was 2 ounces.. I was just wondering if I was wrong because All I see is people ordering LBS bags for this stuff. I was just making sure I ordered the right amount =P
But all is well Im good
n0Odle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #43
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Thank you. I already did the calculation and it was 2 ounces.. I was just wondering if I was wrong because All I see is people ordering LBS bags for this stuff. I was just making sure I ordered the right amount =P
But all is well Im good
Give it 6 months and you'll need a few pounds for your cooler
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
n0Odle
Just in from the Storm

Okay doki.. How long are we supposed to wait on these beads to equalize in humidor.. Its been sitting at 58-63% depending on temps.. i cant get the temps in my humi to go down either.. I opened the humidor for 10 seconds and the RH dropped to 58%. I just stuck my stock humidifier in the humidor along with 3 ounces of beads.. (25-50 count). I dont mind waiting but i just smoked one of my noir champagne cigars and bluckkk! it was so harsh, i might as well smoke the cigar with a lighter at the head the whole duration.

Where are the beads supposed to sit at in the humidor?
all the way on the bottom? off to the side? or on top of some cigars

Last edited by n0Odle; 04-25-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #45
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas

Quote:
Okay doki.. How long are we supposed to wait on these beads to equalize in humidor.. Its been sitting at 58-63% depending on temps.. i cant get the temps in my humi to go down either.. I opened the humidor for 10 seconds and the RH dropped to 58%. I just stuck my stock humidifier in the humidor along with 3 ounces of beads.. (25-50 count). I dont mind waiting but i just smoked one of my noir champagne cigars and bluckkk! it was so harsh, i might as well smoke the cigar with a lighter at the head the whole duration.

I keep my beads in the bottom of my humidor, never had any issues. What kind of humidor do you have? Have you properly seasoned it and calibrated your hygrometer following the directions in the stickies?

Nevermind, saw your other thread. Honestly, you probably have a leak in the glasstop humidor and you're going to struggle with low humidity because of that.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #46
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

The beads euqalize pretty quickly, with two caveats:
  1. Your humidor is already at or near the desired RH (e.g., your humidor has been seasoned)
  2. Your humidor seals well. If your humidor leaks there are no bead products that will keep a steady RH.
You can always check the RH of the beads by putting them in a Ziplock with a calibrated hygrometer. If you find that the RH of the beads is no longer where you want them, there are instructions to raise or lower the RH.
Quote:

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #47
n0Odle
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
I keep my beads in the bottom of my humidor, never had any issues. What kind of humidor do you have? Have you properly seasoned it and calibrated your hygrometer following the directions in the stickies?

Nevermind, saw your other thread. Honestly, you probably have a leak in the glasstop humidor and you're going to struggle with low humidity because of that.
thank you, i figured it was some kind of leak through the glasstop.
what do i use to seal the lid?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #48
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas

Quote:
thank you, i figured it was some kind of leak through the glasstop.
what do i use to seal the lid?
Here you go: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52938