Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #21
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: The worst news I ever got.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hopefully in time you will feel better and be able to have a cigar once in a while.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #22
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Doc, sorry to hear this news. It could have been a lot worse. Glad you can still enjoy the occasional smoke at least.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #23
CigarDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Doc, sorry to hear this news. It could have been a lot worse. Glad you can still enjoy the occasional smoke at least.
True, and I can still have my cannoli's, right?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #24
md4958
Captain Cannoli

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarDoc View Post
True, and I can still have my cannoli's, right?
you bet your ass! when you coming up this way next???

"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 PM   #25
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, for the past 3 months, I have had a little difficulty breathing during exercise. I went to the pulmonologist after a little while for a couple of tests and I have found out that I have what is called "reactive airway disease". Apparently my epiglottis is more sensitive to dirty air and smoke than most normal peoples. While, it isn't something that will affect my health in the long run, the doctor has told me that the only way for me to get my breathing to return to normal is to quit smoking. Normally, I would take his advice with a grain of salt, but my cigar habit is affecting my career. I am going to limit myself to a cigar once in a blue moon, mostly for special occasions. I will still continue to be a CA member, just not on the scale that I have once been. I wanna thank all of you who supported my unit while I was deployed. I got to smoke some of the finest sticks in the world just because you all like to share. I'm gonna miss having my nightly cigar after work.

Doc

It's good to know that you are as good a patient as you are a doctor.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #26
Waynegro1

Sorry to hear the bad news Doc, but your health is whats really important as you know. As far as the Cannoli's go, I wouldn't substitute too many of those for cigars. They may not be bad for your lungs, but don't get me started on what they can do to the waist line.
Hang in there Doc, we're all here for you and thanks for your service.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #27
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, for the past 3 months, I have had a little difficulty breathing during exercise. I went to the pulmonologist after a little while for a couple of tests and I have found out that I have what is called "reactive airway disease". Apparently my epiglottis is more sensitive to dirty air and smoke than most normal peoples. While, it isn't something that will affect my health in the long run, the doctor has told me that the only way for me to get my breathing to return to normal is to quit smoking. Normally, I would take his advice with a grain of salt, but my cigar habit is affecting my career. I am going to limit myself to a cigar once in a blue moon, mostly for special occasions. I will still continue to be a CA member, just not on the scale that I have once been. I wanna thank all of you who supported my unit while I was deployed. I got to smoke some of the finest sticks in the world just because you all like to share. I'm gonna miss having my nightly cigar after work.

Doc
I am sorry to hear this Doc, i had a little plan in my head for bombing you, Tobii and Skills in one big bomb. Take care, and go for a second opinion.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 AM   #28
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Glad to hear your going to still visiting the forum. That sux though that your not going to be able to relax and enjoy your nightly cigar..... Any chance this is something that goes away?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #29
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

The bottom line is your health is more important then cigars Chris.
It's still is a bummer though.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:39 AM   #30
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear about the bad news Chris. If you need anything, just let me know.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:39 AM   #31
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

That really does suck... but I think you have a great attitude and outlook about it. Keep the chin up brother.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 AM   #32
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
The bottom line is your health is more important then cigars Chris.
It's still is a bummer though.
what Dave said.....................best of luck and to a speedy recovery
Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 AM   #33
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

First Name: Gary
Trading: (2)
Lucky_Hippo is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear of the bad news Doc, but also glad to hear it's a simple fix. Not a welcome fix mind you, but at least you know a simple way to get it under control without months of test and/or medical procedures.

Stay healthy my friend and thank you for your service!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:03 AM   #34
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear this Chris. Glad you are listening and taking care of yourself.

Keep collecting though. Cause when you retire and can smoke again, You will have some nice aged smokes.
newcigarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 AM   #35
tobii3

Doc -

We need to talk....

You're the medic fer cryin' out loud!!!

Reactive Airway disease is NOT a diagnosis!!! YOU KNOW THIS!!! That's the term used for "hmmm....could be asthma....but I'm not sure...."" YOU'RE THE MEDIC!!!!! There is a HUMONGOUS difference between the Army "diagnosis" of reactive airway disease.....and the NO BS diagnosis of Reactive Airway Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS).....

This is what made the "old man radar" go off....

Quote:
the "disease" as they call it only affects me during exercise and other things alike.
That's called exercise induced asthma...it's friggin cold as ^%$# outside right now!!! Dude!!! Request a re-eval IMMEDIATELY!!!

Quote:
Well, for the past 3 months, I have had a little difficulty breathing during exercise...
WE JUST GOT HOME IN JULY!!!! Block leave was in August.....Sep-Oct-Nov....Fall and Winter after being in the desert for 14 months.....Doc....you know I will drag you kicking and screaming into UNC in less than a heartbeat for a full clinical evaluation!!

PLEASE get a re-eval!!

Last edited by tobii3; 12-03-2008 at 06:24 AM. Reason: tobii keyboard....what else??
Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #36
md4958
Captain Cannoli

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
Doc -

We need to talk....

You're the medic fer cryin' out loud!!!

Reactive Airway disease is NOT a diagnosis!!! YOU KNOW THIS!!! That's the term used for "hmmm....could be asthma....but I'm not sure...."" YOU'RE THE MEDIC!!!!! There is a HUMONGOUS difference between the Army "diagnosis" of reactive airway disease.....and the NO BS diagnosis of Reactive Airway Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS).....

This is what made the "old man radar" go off....

That's called exercise induced asthma...it's friggin cold as ^%$# outside right now!!! Dude!!! Request a re-eval IMMEDIATELY!!!

WE JUST GOT HOME IN JULY!!!! Block leave was in August.....Sep-Oct-Nov....Fall and Winter after being in the desert for 14 months.....Doc....you know I will drag you kicking and screaming into UNC in less than a heartbeat for a full clinical evaluation!!

PLEASE get a re-eval!!
Doc, I would never presume to tell you what to do with your health, but this sounds like good advice.

Before you sell all those beautiful sticks!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #37
Hardcz

Doc I'm sorry to hear the news, I'm with Tobii, anything serious like this deserves a second opinion. I do hope it ends up being something minor, but you have my support in all you do.... and for the love of all that's good don't sell your stash till you know things are factual.

Dan
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #38
Buena Fortuna
Feeling at Home

First Name: Sam
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Buena Fortuna will become famous soon enough

You can always get another cigar, but your health is a "one and done" deal...

Take care and treasure your cigar opportunities in the future.
Buena Fortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #39
dcamacho

im so sorry about the news! i hope everything gets better for you
Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #40
spincycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz View Post
Doc I'm sorry to hear the news, I'm with Tobii, anything serious like this deserves a second opinion. I do hope it ends up being something minor, but you have my support in all you do.... and for the love of all that's good don't sell your stash till you know things are factual.

Dan
x3.. While I would love to pick up your sticks at a bargan basement price , getting an accurate assessment on your condition is key. Good luck and keep us all informed of your progress!

spin