Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Martel

Default Krups BeerTender Question

Does anyone else have one of these? I got one for Christmas last year, and I usually keep Newcastle Brown in it. I'm curious if the German mini kegs that I see like Wartsteiner and Paulaner are compatible as well, or is that a different system?

Cheers,
G
Old 10-31-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Krups BeerTender Question

Wtf? You have Newcastle mini-kegs in your area? Lucky! The only ones around here are the German ones and Heineken. If we had the Newcastle kegs you better believe I'd have one of the beertenders as well...

Sorry, this didn't really answer your question...I just wanted to post my disappointment in my area liqour stores
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Lumpold
Hippy Fascist

First Name: Lumpy
Trading: (3)
Cuaba
Lumpold has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel View Post
Does anyone else have one of these? I got one for Christmas last year, and I usually keep Newcastle Brown in it. I'm curious if the German mini kegs that I see like Wartsteiner and Paulaner are compatible as well, or is that a different system?

Cheers,
G
I think you need to buy BeerTender specific kegs... in the UK, the brands available for this are: Amstel, Brand, Heineken. I think this system was developed by Heineken, so you'd probably be limited to their brands.

TAMF,PPAB,ETWWWUTL,LITMPTYCL
Lumpold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

I own a Krups BeerTender.
The only kegs I can get here in San Diego are Heineken, Heineken Light, and Newcastle.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
Gonesledn
making trails

First Name: Wes
Trading: (31)
Gonesledn will become famous soon enough

need to get my azz a beertender!
Gonesledn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Wtf? You have Newcastle mini-kegs in your area? Lucky! The only ones around here are the German ones and Heineken. If we had the Newcastle kegs you better believe I'd have one of the beertenders as well...

Yup, sure do. Most places that have the Heineken kegs around here sell the Newkey ones as well. Maybe they could order them in for you, it's pretty damn great out of the BeerTender.

Cheers,
G
Old 10-31-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpold View Post
I think you need to buy BeerTender specific kegs... in the UK, the brands available for this are: Amstel, Brand, Heineken. I think this system was developed by Heineken, so you'd probably be limited to their brands.
I thought that was the case. Spotted a Paulaner Oktoberfest minikeg in the liquor store this morning and thought about how nice it would be if it would work. Nothing wrong with Newkey, but I'd love to run something else in there too.

Cheers,
G
Old 10-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

You have to have the beer tender specific "draughtkeg". In my part of Virginia all I can get are the heiny and heiny light... So i typically don't use it during the winter months. If I could get the newcastle around here I would start drinking that around the first of October and that would last me through the winter. I wish they would expand the brands a but even if they did the problem is see is convincing the local distributors to pick it up.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about

Does everyone have the Krups or do you use the other makes of Beertenders? I know Edgestar and T-Fal make them. I am thinking of buying one, as I love Newcastle.
Superbad is offline   Reply With Quote