Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Nathan King

Question Too Moist, or Poor Technique?

The other day I had an odd experience with a cigar. It lit fine, and I began smoking normally. I noticed that if I let it sit for about 30 - 45 seconds when I puffed again I would get no smoke. To get smoke I needed to take a few small puffs to get it going again. I felt like I had to puff constantly to keep the thing going. Is this normal? Then, midway through the cigar it became difficult to draw for about ten minutes before it opened back up. What's going on? Is it too wet, am I doing something wrong, or was is wrapped too tightly? Humidity felt good - The cigar gave slightly without feeling spongy. Are a few small puffs to get it going poor etiquette?

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Too Moist, or Poor Technique?

Could have been a bit too moist or a bad roll. If you're smoking in a humid climate, sometimes the cigars burn a bit odd too. As for a few small puffs being bad etiquette, absolutely not.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation

I've had this happen on a few ocasions with different cigars. I usually chalk it up to being too wet.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
gijoey959

I'm in humid @ss central TX and I always dry box cigars before I take em out so they'll burn right, that usually fixes the problems you listed, I had them when I took them straight out of the humidor and lit em
Old 10-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

This happens with a lot of cigars that I smoke. Doesn't really bother me to be honest. And most people take a few puffs while smoking anyway, atleast around here they do.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote