Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #61
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Justin, actually he babysits a Nuc power plant!!!! Not anything as interesting as nuc missiles!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #62
Retiredguy
Life is good

First Name: Jack
Trading: (0)
Retiredguy is on a distinguished road

As the ID implies, I'm retired. Before retirement, I spent 37 years working for a railroad in various management jobs,
Retiredguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #63
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
Justin, actually he babysits a Nuc power plant!!!! Not anything as interesting as nuc missiles!!!!
Well ****, he's not as cool as i thought then...
Old 06-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #64
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Hey I'm cool! I'm hip! I'm a highly trained killing machine.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #65
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Commercial Tire Sales - Manufacturer Rep. South Texas.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #66
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I make people buy stuff they don't need.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #67
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Hey I'm cool! I'm hip! I'm a highly trained killing machine.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #68
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I recently started importing precision lock nuts from Switzerland. I am involved with a couple USA-Swiss ventures, but this one is my newest:

www.kuso-usa.com
Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #69
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I make people buy stuff they don't need.
Reminds me of my favorite scene on arguably the best show on TV. Paraphrased of course:
Quote:
Hippie: You're in advertising? You sell people the lie that is the American Dream...How do you sleep at night?

Don Draper: On a bed made of money.
I am a Windows Server geek, although I get to wear a lot of hats given the size of my employer. I also work on some network switches, firewalls, SAN management, and VMware hosts/VMs.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #70
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I play piano in a whorehouse
Do you get a company discount?

Me? I'd rather play with a whore (God love 'em!) in a piano factory.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #71
agctribefan

I'm an Industrial Engineer by trade, but currently I work at www.pipesandcigars.com (some of you may have heard of it). I'm their cigar guy. I create all the specials and deals and what not. Still trying to get back into engineering, but its been a while, over 2 years. So if anyone is looking for an industrial Engineer please let me know.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #72
Wanger

I play with drugs, as well, in their pure form.

In truth, I'm a chemist at a pharmaceutical company...the QC Raw Materials Supervisor...anything that comes in the door, it's my responsibility to test it before it goes into our products.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #73
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

I am an Intern of Finance at Volkswagen Group of America. I work in the plant in Chattanooga, TN.

Pretty awesome place to work. Although - since I'm an intern - I can't define my job anything past "intern". I do whatever no one else wants to do
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #74
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I am a Windows Server geek, although I get to wear a lot of hats given the size of my employer. I also work on some network switches, firewalls, SAN management, and VMware hosts/VMs.
Server geek here too. or should I say "Systems Administrator". Unfortunately my employer has become part of a large national organization so while I used to also work with routers/switches, Linux, NetWare, VMWare, Citrix, I'm now being forced to focus only on one narrow area. Windows server/Active Directrory. That's the model we're being squeezed in to. Instead of knowing a bit about everything and handling it all at my local office, I now have to do one thing over and over for many offices while people at other locations manage the things that I used to at my location. The bigshots at headquarters can't stop patting themselves on the back over how clever they've been to force this model on us because they believe it means they will soon be able to start cutting staff. But it sucks for anyone who enjoys being challenged.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #75
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

Office/HR Manager exciting stuff let me tell ya!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #76
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by timj219 View Post
Server geek here too. or should I say "Systems Administrator". Unfortunately my employer has become part of a large national organization so while I used to also work with routers/switches, Linux, NetWare, VMWare, Citrix, I'm now being forced to focus only on one narrow area. Windows server/Active Directrory. That's the model we're being squeezed in to. Instead of knowing a bit about everything and handling it all at my local office, I now have to do one thing over and over for many offices while people at other locations manage the things that I used to at my location. The bigshots at headquarters can't stop patting themselves on the back over how clever they've been to force this model on us because they believe it means they will soon be able to start cutting staff. But it sucks for anyone who enjoys being challenged.
Funny my title is actually Senior Systems Administrator. I didn't figure many would know what that means. It doesn't make much sense on its own.

I completely understand your situation. My last gig was a big company 25,000 employees with 1,000 Windows servers and I was pigeon-holed into doing the same repetitive tasks. My new place is more like 150-200 employees, 45 physical servers, 65 virtual servers, a couple flavors of SAN/NAS, 10 switches, and 3 firewalls. I have been with my current employer for 2 years now and I love the opportunity I have here to learn. I have also picked up SQL maintenance and permissions. Next we're going to launch an AD 2008 R2 / Exchange 2010 upgrade project. So, I will be standing up new DCs, raising the functional level of the domain/forest, replacing our exchange servers with newer models, and converting all of our mailboxes. It will make for a busy summer.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #77
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

My background is healthcare administration. For the past few years I’ve been working with large medical groups, as well as launching the first live node on the “national health information superhighway”—MedVirginia.

http://www.govhealthit.com/news/ssa-...ty-health-data

Great work, but I'd rather get paid for brewing beer.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #78
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I work customs in Chicago. It's the only way to keep up with the fall into the dark side.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am a property manager for a real estate firm. We manage mostly retail and office buildings with the occasional apartment complex.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #79
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I work in Admissions for a large private college.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #80
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Wayner123 and myself share an interest in Alpaca herding.

When the gates are closed, I do side work as a Chemistry lab manager for an environmental lab.