Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Bialetti Mukka users?

Anyone else have the Bialetti Mukka pot? It's the one for making cappucino or cafe american. I'm currently playing email tag with Bialetti's service department. My fairly new Mukka is having an issue with the valve not sealing properly. Instead of building pressure it'll leak the still brewing coffee into the upper container. Eventually it'll build enough pressure to pop the valve and steam the liquid in the upper pot. But there's not enough at that point and I'm left with a weakish, luke warm latte.

I'm waiting to hear from Bialetti but figured I'd see if anyone here had experiences like this.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bialetti Mukka users?

If it's fairly new, why can't you just return it to the vendor for an exchange? It certainly sounds like it might be a defective unit, and Bialetti CS doesn't appear to be helping the matter.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I'll wait to see what they say first, but I'm thinking it just needs a new valve which they should replace for free. If not, then I'll send it back.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Just an update on my Mukka. Bialetti stepped up and sent me a new valve and o-ring. Works like a champ again. Enjoying a cafe americano right now. The nice touch was the letter from the company prez yesterday telling me they were shipping out a new part.