Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
itzfrank

Default Coffee Noob.

I got my first French Press to keep at work this weekend and I went to our local Fresh Market to pick up some grinds for myself from their stock. I got some stuff labelled JBM(although I doubt it's the same stuff you guys rave about), Kona, Molten Chocolate and Cafe L'Orange. They all smelled pretty good and I wanted to atleast start off with an idea of a range. I ended up using the grinder there because the one I have at home grinds way too fine for the press.

My press is from Starbucks and I picked it up locally for only $20. (Recycled press) Seems to work ok with what I've run through it so far... ask me how I know the grinder is too fine...

Trying the JBM they have this morning. I'll let ya know how it goes.

2 slopes for a dollar?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
bigdix
Cigarmurai

First Name: Dan
Trading: (1)
Trinidad AirForce (Active)
bigdix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Coffee Noob.

Just my two cents....but get yourself a Bodum press. I was a Chef for quite sometime and that's all we used in our restaurants. I have two at home. BTW I've been enjoying some nice Okinawan grown coffee lately. It's pretty effin' good!!!!