Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #21
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Mc Donald's is feeding you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Have you tried their new Angus Burgers? Yum!
we dont have the new angus burger in germany. mfast food in the us is just better...
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #22
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking for know View Post
Meh, what's a little ammonia injected beef-like parts? If you swallow your chew spit, it'll clean your whole system.
Not "beef-like"; if it comes from the cow, it's beef.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
we dont have the new angus burger in germany. mfast food in the us is just better...
Yeah, but German McDonalds serve BEER. And it's even decent beer (far better that the Bud/Miller/Coors that we would get here if McDonalds served beer here)
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Yeah, but German McDonalds serve BEER. And it's even decent beer (far better that the Bud/Miller/Coors that we would get here if McDonalds served beer here)
its bittburger but they serve it in plastic cups...drinking beer out of plastic bottles + cups is something that we dont like to do in germany...
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #25
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
its bittburger but they serve it in plastic cups...drinking beer out of plastic bottles + cups is something that we dont like to do in germany...
Yeah, but like I said, at least it's better than Coors/Bud/Miller or none at all.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #26
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah, but like I said, at least it's better than Coors/Bud/Miller or none at all.
When I was in the Navy, my first meal when we got back from patrol was two Big Macs, 20 Mc nuggets (with hot mustard sauce) and a six-pack of Bud. There were times at sea when I would have done almost anything for a Big Mac!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #27
Darrell

Yum?
Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #28
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Yum?
Yum.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #29
Savvy
Bull Goose Loony

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (11)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Savvy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Bitburger is pretty much the German equivalent to Coors/Bud/Miller.

Fast food in Germany is different, and it is probably better in the states...but food overall in Germany is much better than in the states. So I'm perfectly fine with that.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #30
Pauly Walnuts

Ehh i knew somethin wasnt right with this stuff. id doesnt even fill me up i dont know why i got there occasionally.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #31
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
When I was in the Navy, my first meal when we got back from patrol was two Big Macs, 20 Mc nuggets (with hot mustard sauce) and a six-pack of Bud. There were times at sea when I would have done almost anything for a Big Mac!
Been there, done that, sobered up before I got the tattoo though.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #32
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
The company, Beef Products Inc., had been looking to expand into the hamburger business with a product made from beef that included fatty trimmings the industry once relegated to pet food and cooking oil. The trimmings were particularly susceptible to contamination, but a study commissioned by the company showed that the ammonia process would kill E. coli as well as salmonella.

Officials at the United States Department of Agriculture endorsed the company’s ammonia treatment, and have said it destroys E. coli “to an undetectable level.” They decided it was so effective that in 2007, when the department began routine testing of meat used in hamburger sold to the general public, they exempted Beef Products.

With the U.S.D.A.’s stamp of approval, the company’s processed beef has become a mainstay in America’s hamburgers. McDonald’s, Burger King and other fast-food giants use it as a component in ground beef, as do grocery chains. The federal school lunch program used an estimated 5.5 million pounds of the processed beef last year alone.
So basically its in cooking oil, supermarket ground beef, and public school lunches. Why is McDonalds being thrown under the bus for using it?

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #33
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Bitburger is pretty much the German equivalent to Coors/Bud/Miller.
It depends on how you look at it. Sure, it's a high production, widely distributed, "simple" beer, and in those regards, yes, it is kind of a German equivalent of Bud/Miller/Coors. But, unlike Bud/Miller/Coors, it's not an adjunct beer (at least the pilsner anyway, not sure about Bitburgers other brews) and still follows in the reinheitsgebot tradition. Probably also uses higher quality ingredients too.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #34
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Been there, done that, sobered up before I got the tattoo though.
Say what you want; I love the stuff, and I always have. I will never forget my first Big Mac. Don't get me wrong, I love fine cusine as much as anyone can, but fast food rocks as well, I love it! If you think about it; even the poorest people can now afford to eat meat because of it. I don't think my ancestors in Ireland could, at least more than once or twice a year.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #35
Vegan702

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
So basically its in cooking oil, supermarket ground beef, and public school lunches. Why is McDonalds being thrown under the bus for using it?
Because if it said that no one would read the story or this thread?
Old 01-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #36
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Say what you want; I love the stuff, and I always have.
I think you misunderstand me brother. I was talking about the making a beeline for fast food and beer the moment you are cleared to go ashore. Did that number many times myself. As for the tattoo part it's a whimsical play on a sea story that involves fast food, getting kicked out of a soju tent for being too drunk, a tattoo parlor and a few other things...
Old 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
I think you misunderstand me brother. I was talking about the making a beeline for fast food and beer the moment you are cleared to go ashore. Did that number many times myself. As for the tattoo part it's a whimsical play on a sea story that involves fast food, getting kicked out of a soju tent for being too drunk, a tattoo parlor and a few other things...
Tell me the story; I was that guy!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Tell me the story; I was that guy!
You too eh?

I look back at that night and think just how drunk was I? Kerist, I got thrown out of a Soju tent, a _freaking_ Soju tent, in a back alley no less. This is like one step above swilling out of a paper bag on the curb in front of a liquor store located on the wrong side of the tracks...

Oh, and that anti-gwailo warning system they have? Wasn't that just grand? The little old lady who threw us out, sticking her head out of the tent screaming at what seemed to be about the same volume as the ships steam whistle, and then every other damn tent in the city repeating it so no one would serve us anymore that night...

And then the day after... Ohhhh, what the hell is it that they put in Soju, formaldehyde? If not, it sure felt like it.

I look back at those days and wonder, just how much lower could we have sunk? LOL.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #39
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Eating brains from a monkey whose skull is opened at your table doesn't sound so bad now, eh?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #40
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
You too eh?

I look back at that night and think just how drunk was I? Kerist, I got thrown out of a Soju tent, a _freaking_ Soju tent, in a back alley no less. This is like one step above swilling out of a paper bag on the curb in front of a liquor store located on the wrong side of the tracks...

Oh, and that anti-gwailo warning system they have? Wasn't that just grand? The little old lady who threw us out, sticking her head out of the tent screaming at what seemed to be about the same volume as the ships steam whistle, and then every other damn tent in the city repeating it so no one would serve us anymore that night...

And then the day after... Ohhhh, what the hell is it that they put in Soju, formaldehyde? If not, it sure felt like it.

I look back at those days and wonder, just how much lower could we have sunk? LOL.
Dude, maybe that was all you; I was Sublant out of Holy Loch. Man, it rocks being a Squid, don't it?

Last edited by Subvet642; 01-01-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote