Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-30-2014, 06:29 AM   #21
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer, yes please.

To me this teaser is way bigger than the Ultron movie next year.
The Infinity Gems saga was THE comic event of all time! Yes maybe Civil War had like ten times the issues and tie ins but when Thanos pretty much ruled the universe by himself was epic.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #22
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I don't know how they are going to do Civil War but I'm guessing it won't follow the comics that exact, too much back story, too many heroes, they will have to adapt it.

lol I mean if you consider killing half of everything in the span of less than a heart beat ... yup that was epic.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #23
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

A little more news as the next Captain America movie begins filming next month..

http://www.toofab.com/2015/02/10/spi...atic-universe/
Old 04-10-2015, 02:56 AM   #24
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

First critic screenings, first reactions.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Aveng...ing-70792.html
Old 04-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #25
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Usually, sequels don't get such good reviews -- it bodes well that the early reviews for this are good! I am looking forward to it!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:25 AM   #26
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Usually, sequels don't get such good reviews -- it bodes well that the early reviews for this are good! I am looking forward to it!
Some comics movies have even improved in sequels. For instance, Winter Soldier got better reviews than the first Captain America, and The Dark Knight blew Batman Begins away.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #27
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

This one is supposed to lean to the dark side, a la Dark Knight.
I saw Dark Knight at the theatre. I absolutely hated it, and I think I'm the only guy on the planet that did.
I wasn't prepared to see what I was going to see, I blame my experience on that.
I'm glad I know that about A2.

I've tried to force myself to watch Dark Knight again, but I want to watch it on bluray.
I'll pick it up someday and crank it up. It's been so long that I'm sure I won't remember a single bit of it. I bet I'll enjoy it this time.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #28
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Others hated Dark Knight too, because it wasn't the Adam West Batusi or Jack Nicholson getta loada me Caped Crusader and Joker they expected. Me, I loved it because it took a more realistic view of both characters instead of cartoonish stereotypes of the past. Hey, it's hard enough to believe a billionaire playboy would spend his nights crawling across rooftops and brooding atop eaves without the other crap.

But different strokes, folks.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #29
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

The "Batman is the bad guy" thing just made me half ill, Thomas.
The whole way the Bat got railroaded and sh!t.
The cinematography was incredible, with all the dark and forboding and depression.
Christian Bale gives me the heebs no matter what he's in. So that plays in.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was a bad movie at all. It was an incredible piece of art, the casting was perfect, the storyline was fresh, and I'm by no means a "comic book purist". I just hated it.

Just the fact that it made me feel the way I did speaks volumes as to how well it was done.

I don't think I ever even saw The Dark Knight Rises. Tom's girlfriend is in that.
I think I'll go watch that right now.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #30
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

To me, The Dark Knight Rises was disappointing, due partly to the way Bane differed from the comics and partly to an ending that was a bit of a cop-out. I still enjoyed it, yet the previous DK was better.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #31
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I don't think I ever even saw The Dark Knight Rises. Tom's girlfriend is in that.
I think I'll go watch that right now.
NSFW (language)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOHraf3LEk
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #32
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I watched Dark Knight again. Loved it. Go figure, eh?
Heath Ledger SO rocked that Joker role. Shame he whacked himself, I can only imagine he'd continue getting better and better.

Awesome video, Stephen.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #33
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Glad you "got" Dark Knight upon second viewing, Scott. It was a different Batman and Joker than earlier iterations, but awesome once one jettisons preconceptions. Ledger was legendary.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #34
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Do you wanna brush up on your Ultron before you catch the flick? Do you wanna do it for free? OK.

http://marvel.com/ultron?utm_source=...arvelUnlimited
Old 04-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #35
AdamJoshua

Oops didn't realize I wandered into the batman thread
Old 04-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #36
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

And if you need to refresh your memory on the whole cinematic universe, here's a marvelous way to do so without spending all day watching these movies again.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/30/85...-history-video
Old 04-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #37
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
And if you need to refresh your memory on the whole cinematic universe, here's a marvelous way to do so without spending all day watching these movies again.

I'll watch this tomorrow morning.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #38
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
I'll watch this tomorrow morning.
After you get back from the midnight release?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #39
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post

That was cool.
Now, if me and El Diablo could go see the movie today, that'd kick ass.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #40
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
That was cool.
Now, if me and El Diablo could go see the movie today, that'd kick ass.
Yeah, not only is the video interesting and informative, the snide "Mystery Science Theater 3000" comments stuck throughout are hilarious.