Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
Mark
Tarheel.

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Mark will become famous soon enough
Default Vinotemp Humidor!

I may be a little slow on the uptake here, but I just realized that Vinotemp is making humidors now!

I guess they finally realized that more people are using their product for a humidor than for their intended purpose!

http://www.vinotemp.com/View.aspx/29...ectric-Humidor

or

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

-Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
GUSTO

Default Re: Vinotemp Humidor!

I'm waiting for the small refridgerator sized model (or larger) !
Old 12-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
skyhigh340

looks neat but not big enough for my growing needs. I wish they would still make the old 28 bottle one.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
dcamacho

looks like they are on the right road. definitely needs to be a lot bigger tho
Old 12-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
Barrythevic
Just another FOG!

Trading: (2)
Barrythevic is on a distinguished road

Vinotemp will make a cigar humidor out of most of their wine units.

I have a Vinotemp 300WC with their humidor modification. It's 82 inches tall, 32 inches wide and 29 inches deep. It comes with casters, so it's pretty easy to move around. I bought it in 2005.

For the cigar humidor modification they lined the inside of the unit with Spanish Cedar, put regular shelves made of Spanish Cedar in, and for my size unit, they put in a 2 gallon plexiglass tank with a fan for the humidification. They also installed a drip line from the air conditioner down to the water tank so you don't have dripping anywhere. I replaced their analog hygrometer controller with a digital controller and added a few smaller fans at two locations to even out the humidity.

They are located in So Cal, so I went down and talked to them before I bought it. I was a bit concerned as they make them out of press board which can have problems with moisture. They gave me a tour of the factory and showed me several similar units being constructed. I talked to the woodshop supervisor and he assured me that they seal the cabinet well and he had never had a problem with one of his cigar conversions from moisture. It is a HUGE factory and warehouse! I couldn't believe all of the stuff they make.

I also saved the shipping charges by going down and picking it up when it was ready.

You need to ask for the cigar humidor modification from the factory direct. They don't really advertise that they offer it.

Check them out at:

http://www.vinotemp.com

If you have a custom size cabinet or room you want, they can also build to your spec if you want. Pony up the wallet for that though! LOL
Barrythevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
barbourjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrythevic View Post
I have a Vinotemp 300WC with their humidor modification. It's 82 inches tall, 32 inches wide and 29 inches deep. It comes with casters, so it's pretty easy to move around. I bought it in 2005.
if you don't mind me asking you what did the setup cost you?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
Barrythevic
Just another FOG!

Trading: (2)
Barrythevic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbourjay View Post
if you don't mind me asking you what did the setup cost you?
It was 3 years ago and 300WC was on sale at the time. The humidor mod was about $ 450, I don't know the current price. That's added on to the price of the wine cabinet.

The list price today for the 300WC is $ 1,600. On sale for $ 1,525. So I would guess somewhere around the low $ 2K for a similar setup.

They usually have sales of dinged, scratched and special orders that didn't ship. Check out their web site.
Barrythevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Jay Hemingway
I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrythevic View Post
Vinotemp will make a cigar humidor out of most of their wine units.

For the cigar humidor modification they lined the inside of the unit with Spanish Cedar, put regular shelves made of Spanish Cedar in, and for my size unit, they put in a 2 gallon plexiglass tank with a fan for the humidification. They also installed a drip line from the air conditioner down to the water tank so you don't have dripping anywhere. I replaced their analog hygrometer controller with a digital controller and added a few smaller fans at two locations to even out the humidity.

They are located in So Cal, so I went down and talked to them before I bought it. I was a bit concerned as they make them out of press board which can have problems with moisture. They gave me a tour of the factory and showed me several similar units being constructed. I talked to the woodshop supervisor and he assured me that they seal the cabinet well and he had never had a problem with one of his cigar conversions from moisture. It is a HUGE factory and warehouse! I couldn't believe all of the stuff they make.

I also saved the shipping charges by going down and picking it up when it was ready.

You need to ask for the cigar humidor modification from the factory direct. They don't really advertise that they offer it.

Check them out at:

http://www.vinotemp.com

If you have a custom size cabinet or room you want, they can also build to your spec if you want. Pony up the wallet for that though! LOL

i would LOVE to see some pic's of yours. the one they made into a humidor for you.

i did not know they did that.
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Hate to bump an old thread, but I JUST found out about these now... HOLY SHlT!!!!!

I just purchased it and will use it to keep my higher-end singles in. I can't even believe something like this exists. What's more, I can't believe I've never heard of it until now.

I can't wait till it gets in... $199+free S&H here and here (ebay-same seller)

Personally, I find that to be a great deal for what, in theory, would be the best desktop you could own (and I'd feel much safer about my more expensive single cigars in an environment like that)