Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #41
1badhog07
Still Watching My Back

First Name: gustavo
Trading: (2)
HdM
1badhog07 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Opinions/Experiences with F150/Tundras

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Sorry. I am not trying to make it personal. In fact I had a 94 4Runner that was great. Ran it into the ground. I'd buy another 4Runner/GX in a heart beat if that is the kind of vehicle I was looking for.
Making friends as usual jason
Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #42
Big_Ern
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ernie
Trading: (1)
Trinidad
Big_Ern is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Opinions/Experiences with F150/Tundras

I bought my Titan in 06 and the trans and engine has held up. I have noticed that I have better throttle response than the others (Dodge, Ford and GM). for what it may be I am Canadian and here it goes. I get over 880 kms for one tank of gas I don't know how many other trucks out there can do this. since this was thread was about 1/2 tons, i don't think that to include 3/4 or 1 tons without the Cummins diesel would be unfair. the mega cab had the most room as far as I know, now I have been known to wrong a time or two but I did stay at a Holiday Inn the other night!!!
Big_Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #43
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

I'm with ya Ern...I'm in the Auto industry and I believe that the Japs have the 1/2 ton, non-utility/business class cornered.

3/4 ton is another story. Dodge and Ford got that one tied up unless you're talking fleet vehicles. Then Ford is hard to beat in any class. GM is bringing up the rear in comfort, but has the US OEMs matched in the utility categories.

All my
Like cigars... buy what ya like and like what you buy.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #44
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrblig View Post
Just curious, how has your Titan held up? I always thought it was a great truck, but I've heard from some owners that they've been unreliable.
Just about to cross over 60k and no problems so far. I do a lot of offroading during the day (I'm in the construction/engineering business) and during my off hours I'm either working on my house or my cabin (a lot of towing/hauling, some offroading).

I'd say I beat up on a truck as much as anyone could be expected to and its been just peachy....my only complaint is that my yellow lab's fur loves to hang onto the black interior That and the fact that I'm fairly tall (6'4"), have long legs, and wear loggers boots and I often wish that I had an extra inch or two under the steering column. I never notice it when I'm driving, only when I'm stuck sitting in it for long periods.
AAlmeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #45
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
Trading: (0)
fhrblig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlmeter View Post
Just about to cross over 60k and no problems so far. I do a lot of offroading during the day (I'm in the construction/engineering business) and during my off hours I'm either working on my house or my cabin (a lot of towing/hauling, some offroading).

I'd say I beat up on a truck as much as anyone could be expected to and its been just peachy....my only complaint is that my yellow lab's fur loves to hang onto the black interior That and the fact that I'm fairly tall (6'4"), have long legs, and wear loggers boots and I often wish that I had an extra inch or two under the steering column. I never notice it when I'm driving, only when I'm stuck sitting in it for long periods.
Good to hear. I like the Titan and was kind of bummed to hear people having issues with them. As far as dog fur, I lucked out with the fabric in my Ranger. Her hair comes right up with the vacuum, no problem. But in the old Caravan I had before it stuck to everything.
Posted via Mobile Device
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote