Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #1401
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Looks decidedly more AK-ish than Uzi-ish... but it shore is purty..
That surface is a fingerprint technicians wet dream I imagine.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #1402
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Have you tested it to prove the research though?
Patterns nice. My wife won't let me shoot in the house, so I can't test penetration, and I can't convince anyone to stand on the business end of the gun to test stopping power, so negative on that one also. Guess I'll just have to trust what others have done.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #1403
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3.htm

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot17.htm

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot22.htm

Interesting article and site
Old 01-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #1404
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
Patterns nice. My wife won't let me shoot in the house, so I can't test penetration, and I can't convince anyone to stand on the business end of the gun to test stopping power, so negative on that one also. Guess I'll just have to trust what others have done.
!

Get a chunk of drywall from Home Depot or something. That's what I did to test penetration. 2 layers with an air gap from some 2x4's provide a nice simulation. Just set up a piece of paper on the opposite end about 6 inches past that and have at her
Old 01-31-2010, 06:30 AM   #1405
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Mark C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
!

Get a chunk of drywall from Home Depot or something. That's what I did to test penetration. 2 layers with an air gap from some 2x4's provide a nice simulation. Just set up a piece of paper on the opposite end about 6 inches past that and have at her
Would love to, but I haven't found a range nearby that would let me shoot anything other than paper targets and clays. Maybe I'll keep a setup in the car for the days when nobody's around. Since I think that rule is geared at 'reactive targets', maybe they wouldn't mind...

Here's another site for shotgun load info:
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=7&t=109958
Old 01-31-2010, 10:15 AM   #1406
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
wow, the Mexican drug lords are not only well armed, but also gold plating their Uzis...

guess when the money piles up, you gotta find some way to spend it...

That picture reminds me of a picture they showed us here at the academy. It was a mexican drug lords house they raided and it had a room containing 230 million dollars worth of cash stacked up. Just plain ridiculous.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #1407
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road

"Old Painless" does some great work. I have access to a great variety of shotguns and plan on doing a lot of shotgun testing for both hunting and home defense purposes once it gets back up into double digit temperatures here in Buffalo. I'll surely post results to this thread and if anyone has any suggestions/theories/questions they'd like tried out, I'll be sure to give them a whirl. The first one to go is the accuracy of a rifled slug out of a rifled barrel. OP touched on this, but if his results are repeatable, it could mean a lot to hunters in my area who are stuck with slugs only.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:33 PM   #1408
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlmeter View Post
"Old Painless" does some great work. I have access to a great variety of shotguns and plan on doing a lot of shotgun testing for both hunting and home defense purposes once it gets back up into double digit temperatures here in Buffalo. I'll surely post results to this thread and if anyone has any suggestions/theories/questions they'd like tried out, I'll be sure to give them a whirl. The first one to go is the accuracy of a rifled slug out of a rifled barrel. OP touched on this, but if his results are repeatable, it could mean a lot to hunters in my area who are stuck with slugs only.
I love Old Painless' work. He is a great guy.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #1409
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
That picture reminds me of a picture they showed us here at the academy. It was a mexican drug lords house they raided and it had a room containing 230 million dollars worth of cash stacked up. Just plain ridiculous.
They didn't find it stacked that way. It was hidden in the walls, etc. Here's the full story:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/drugmoney.asp
Old 02-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #1410
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

So I wonder if anyone skimmed any cream off the top of that big pile 'o money
Old 02-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #1411
Deputy

I love guns. My first gun was a Glock 22....haven't looked back since!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #1412
Cigarcop
Wishin I Was Fishin

Trading: (40)
HdM
Cigarcop has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
So I wonder if anyone skimmed any cream off the top of that big pile 'o money

Ahhh, what I could do with just one row
Old 02-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #1413
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
They didn't find it stacked that way. It was hidden in the walls, etc. Here's the full story:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/drugmoney.asp

Thanks for the article, that was indeed the picture they showed us, pretty cool to read the full story.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #1414
M1903A1
Have My Own Room

RA
M1903A1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
wow, the Mexican drug lords are not only well armed, but also gold plating their Uzis...

guess when the money piles up, you gotta find some way to spend it...

Reminds me of what somebody did to a 1941 Johnson rifle (a $3000+ collector's piece in good original form) that I saw at a show last fall.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #1415
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Thanks for the article, that was indeed the picture they showed us, pretty cool to read the full story.
NP. It's a pretty crazy story. The guy got away...for a while.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #1416
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Trading: (3)
Army (Retired)
Tikihut27 has a spectacular aura aboutTikihut27 has a spectacular aura about

My new toy from a show this past weekend. Always wanted one.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #1417
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Looking to help mt gun fund. Thought I would let you all in on it.

Spyderco Persistence FS
Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #1418
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rich
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road

I finally got my Del-Ton upper. It fits like a glove and the finish its pretty much perfect. There is only one spot by the flash suppressor that is very slightly showing thru but I would have to say its just from assembly and handling. Other than that I could not be happier. It took about 13 days total to order it, build it, and ship it from NC.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #1419
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05 View Post
I finally got my Del-Ton upper. It fits like a glove and the finish its pretty much perfect. There is only one spot by the flash suppressor that is very slightly showing thru but I would have to say its just from assembly and handling. Other than that I could not be happier. It took about 13 days total to order it, build it, and ship it from NC.

Nice!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #1420
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Here is my latest purchase. AR15.com 2 years ago had the idea of making some lowers. 2 years later, they offered them to lifetime members 1st. I requested #69 Just picked this up today. Oh yeah, everytime they do the instant background check, I just am so happy I wasn't old enough to buy guns back in the day when you had to wait days for the background check.

Closed Thread