Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default JoePa.....Sad if true....

New York Times reports that Penn State is planning Paterno's exit amid the sex abuse scandal involving the former D coordinator....I would hate to see his storied carrer, and legacy, sullied by this scandal....

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ime&id=8422897
Old 11-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
croatan
Missing Peter

First Name: James
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
croatan has disabled reputation
Default Re: JoePa.....Sad if true....

My opinion: anyone who had any knowledge of this and didn't take proper action (which it appears no one did) needs to go down. There is nothing you can do on or off a football field to make up for that.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

On the flip side, this is REALLY BAD NEWS STUFF. From what I am hearing, I think this does sullie his career and puts a HUGE BLACK STAIN on the University. I'd fire(and charge if possible) anyone within ear shot of this, that just sort of swept it under the table... "We took his keys to the locker room." WTF????????????

The Grand Jury Report - IT IS BRUTAL, Graphic Content.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/feature?...ews&id=8421115
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
My opinion: anyone who had any knowledge of this and didn't take proper action (which it appears no one did) needs to go down. There is nothing you can do on or off a football field to make up for that.
I agree 100%, I grew up an hour from State College I have family who work at Penn State I've been a season football ticket holder. I love the Penn State mystic, I'm one of those Penn Staters Joe has referenced in the recent days, this is so hard to swallow! But with all that said Joe and everyone from the President on down must go at once! This horrible secret/cover up has gone on long enough. From one Penn Stater to the victims, I am truly sorry for what has happened to you!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

While I am a die hard Penn State fan...if he knew about it...he's got to go. And that paints everything he did over his wonderful career with a big ole asterisk.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
legally joe did everything he needed to. morally, not even close. none of them did, including the graduate assistant that first saw the act in the shower. i'm ashamed to have graduated from penn state. right in the school song "may no act of ours bring shame". **** that place
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Gotta' agree, James
Old 11-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

I don't give a rats aRse about the football side of it, and IMHO no one else should either. If you do, it shows some kind of empathy for a piece of filth, if he has done these things.
May truth and justice prevail on the situation, and may there be some peace for the alleged victims.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
I don't give a rats aRse about the football side of it, and IMHO no one else should either. If you do, it shows some kind of empathy for a piece of filth, if he has done these things.
May truth and justice prevail on the situation, and may there be some peace for the alleged victims.
joe didn't commit acts of pedophilia, let's be clear about that pete. what he is guilty of, and it seems everyone involved is, is not doing enough to stop it
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #10
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
joe didn't commit acts of pedophilia, let's be clear about that pete. what he is guilty of, and it seems everyone involved is, is not doing enough to stop it
Correct... Covering up, "ignoring," deflecting knowledge is despicable, Kevin.

Almost as vile as the perpetrators of pedophilia themselves, IMO.

Last edited by replicant_argent; 11-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.
replicant_argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #11
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Joe...must....go. Along with any others that had any knowledge.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Correct... Covering up, "ignoring," deflecting knowledge is despicable, Kevin.

Almost as vile as the perpetrators of pedophilia themselves, IMO.
no argument here
Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
KidRock
Moped Herf Crew

First Name: Jon
Trading: (17)
Trinidad
KidRock has disabled reputation

This makes me sick to my stomac..no excuses......NONE
Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #14
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

I am disgusted with this and I agree all that had knowledge should be gone as in jailed!!!

Then I heard a radio broadcaster give this senario---

You get the news that one of your best friends and coworker has done a despicable act. You think there is absolutely no way. You confront him and he vehemently denies it. You go to your supervisors( president in charge of campus police and AD). They say they are going to start an investigation. They come back and say they have done an investigation and he is innocent. At that point shouldn't you be a little satisfied? Why push further? You want to believe your friend? You want to believe an investigation was actually done.

It made me think??????
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

signs are pointing to joepa being done as of today. i'm just gutted.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #16
Resipsa

Quote:
+1

can't really add anything to this.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #17
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
signs are pointing to joepa being done as of today. i'm just gutted.
If they were going to let him go for the reasons above, today makes more sense than waiting for the end of the season. That would just raise more eyebrows.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am guessing that he wishes he had just stepped down 2-3 years ago and made it extremely honorable and
a sure enough tear-jerker for many of his adoring fans. Almost anyone you ask will admit it's already past
time to be moving on, but no one can bear to really wish for it, no true PSU fans anyway. But now, this
is not like Brett Favre where in 10 years, most people will just remember the accomplishments, not
so much that he went out floundering. But this on Joe, wow, that's gonna stick. Ehh, maybe it's just the same.
hard to say.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

They are letting him and all the others go because they are going to face major lawsuits from these families. High officials in the University knew what had happened with the words of eyewitness accounts and did nothing and even welcomed the scumbag to the campus up until last week!

All of them, including Joe, are partly responsible for every kid that was harmed after 2002 at the hand of that POS. I think like some are saying, if he had to do it over again, he would go the the police. But the decision not to is going to haunt his memory and career for lots of people.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #20
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
I am disgusted with this and I agree all that had knowledge should be gone as in jailed!!!

Then I heard a radio broadcaster give this senario---

You get the news that one of your best friends and coworker has done a despicable act. You think there is absolutely no way. You confront him and he vehemently denies it. You go to your supervisors( president in charge of campus police and AD). They say they are going to start an investigation. They come back and say they have done an investigation and he is innocent. At that point shouldn't you be a little satisfied? Why push further? You want to believe your friend? You want to believe an investigation was actually done.

It made me think??????
The problem is that you got the news from someone else you trusted who watched your friend rape a little boy in the shower. It isn't like he heard it on the street. And the guy that saw it and didn't interrupt it is as big a piece of sh*t as anyone.