Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Oh how I hate Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
and what do you want the ncaa to do? start making decisions on who plays and who coaches at schools? please
Why not? They already do. They rule everyday whether a kid or even a porgram is eligible to play or not. The same should be done for coach's that get caught. They should be ruled ineligible from coaching for the same amount of time that a school gets probation. Rule them permanently ineligible for multiple infractions. Seems better than nothing happening to the coach but the kids and school that's left behind gets punished. Pretty simple really. But since the NCAA has nobody that polices them, they do as they please.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #42
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Why not? They already do. They rule everyday whether a kid or even a porgram is eligible to play or not. The same should be done for coach's that get caught. They should be ruled ineligible from coaching for the same amount of time that a school gets probation. Rule them permanently ineligible for multiple infractions. Seems better than nothing happening to the coach but the kids and school that's left behind gets punished. Pretty simple really. But since the NCAA has nobody that polices them, they do as they please.
Coaches need suspensions, rather than just skipping town. See: Pete Carroll, Lane Kiffin and soon to be Jim Tressel.

It would be interesting to see a school go after a student athlete like Reggie Bush for defamation or irreparable harm to their program.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #43
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76GTFan View Post
Is this really relavant? Fact is the Big 10 hasn't competed with the best the south has to offer lately. I hate the SEC, but the Big 8 has no shot at the title.
The indiscretions going on in the SEC would make Ohio State blush. Everyone knows that Auburn is about to burn. And the oversigning that has been going on to date that they have only recently agreed to kind of crack down on is a joke. SEC teams like Alabama have been able to have something like an extra 30 kids or so come through the program on a 4 year basis. That's more than an entire recruiting class! It sure gives the coaches a lot more room for error in evaluating talent. If everyone were allowed to hold tryouts of top athletes and cut the 30 worst, the field would be more even. So I bristle a little when the SEC thumps its chest at the Big 10. Play by the same rules and beat us and I'll give credit where it's due.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #44
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Ohio State to vacate all their 2010 wins in self-imposed sanctions. The NCAA might find those a bit weak and issue a post-season ban and cut schollarships.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #45
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Ohio State to vacate all their 2010 wins in self-imposed sanctions. The NCAA might find those a bit weak and issue a post-season ban and cut schollarships.
They ought to. That's a weak self-imposed punishment.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #46
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
They ought to. That's a weak self-imposed punishment.
Extremely weak, considering violations run all the way back to 2001.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #47
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Just in case Ohio wasn't classy enough, check out their newest recruit. Taft five-star defensive end Adolphus Washington

“It’s the education part,” Washington continued. “I know all these schools athletically can offer me the same thing. The academic support at Ohio State, there is no way you can fail. Even if you’re giving minimal effort there is no way you can fail.”

What a rousing endorsement. Stay classy Ohio. Didn't think they told recruits about not having to do school work until after they showed up to campus.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #48
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, I'm speechless. I Googled the quote it was so unbelievable that a recruit would actually say that.

Multiple copies out there, here's one for the OSU faithful.
http://deadspin.com/5862213/top-pros...y-you-can-fail
Old 11-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #49
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Urban Meyer soon to be in the fold?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #50
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not if there's some pending sanctions. Why volunteer to captain a sinking ship? If the self imposed, read weak, sanctions are not expanded upon by the NCAA, then I think Meyer will be the next OSU coach. If the NCAA slaps them with significant sanctions, he looks elsewhere or keeps collecting a check from ESPN.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #51
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I like Urban Meyer. Its too bad if he takes a job at such a bad school.