Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #181
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Where to find Ronson Jetlite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopkins82 View Post
I've had no problem finding them at any Walgreens in the ATL area for around $5 as mentioned before, but I've only seen them at one Wal-Mart (Cobb Parkway) for $3 each.
Interesting for about a year I couldn't find them at all. When they were plentiful I could only find them at CVS and Rite-Aid but never at Walgreen's and Wal-Mart. With that said I noticed the Walgreens up by the Square on 120 this past weekend had them in stock. If I get a chance this weekend I'll make a stop by Wally World.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #182
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
Interesting for about a year I couldn't find them at all. When they were plentiful I could only find them at CVS and Rite-Aid but never at Walgreen's and Wal-Mart. With that said I noticed the Walgreens up by the Square on 120 this past weekend had them in stock. If I get a chance this weekend I'll make a stop by Wally World.
About a month ago I was checking every Wal-Mart I drove by to find them and then broke down and bought a couple for $5 at Walgreens. So far I've only seen them at this one Wal-Mart on Cobb Parkway, but I haven't been to any others recently either.

Has anyone seen these anywhere in a polished chrome? Also, anyone seen the "Amero Lite" and/or "Euro Lite" anywhere? I've seen these different models as well as the polished chrome Jetlite on eBay, but never anywhere else (including Ronson's website). The "Amero Lite" looks to be a rounded version of the Jetlite, while the "Euro Lite" is skinnier and has a clasp on the flip closure. Both "Amero" and "Euro" are selling for around $8-$12 on eBay... interesting, but not the same value as $3-$5 locally for the Jetlite.
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #183
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

There were a number of people on here that purchased the AmeroLite for about $1 a pop at from a web site that shall remain nameless. Many found their credit cards hacked shortly thereafter. The AmeroLite is not a jetlite, but a poorer hybrid version.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #184
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
There were a number of people on here that purchased the AmeroLite for about $1 a pop at from a web site that shall remain nameless. Many found their credit cards hacked shortly thereafter. The AmeroLite is not a jetlite, but a poorer hybrid version.
Good to know... I assumed it was the same mechanism in a different case... they look pretty sweet, but if they don't perform then I guess there's not much point!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #185
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

The wallgreens down the street (less than 1/4 mile) still has 4 in stock. Offer is on the table, unless you are a "do it your self man"
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #186
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough

I finally bought one and it wont stay lit... guess this happens from time to time... tried to clean n bleed and still no go.... guess no warranty on a $4 lighter...hahaha
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #187
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough

Troy, try blasting the jet with your can of butane. Also if you take the little screw out of the bottom you can pop out the little brass clip around the adjustment screw and adjust for a higher flame.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #188
mbraud4
Bayou Bengal of the Leaf

First Name: Mike
Bolivar
mbraud4 will become famous soon enough

Used these lighters for years when I smoked. My walmart no longer carries them...but I found them at Walgreens for $5 per today. Picked up a couple. Nothing fancy about these lighters...but they burn any type of fuel with no problems...and if they break, you only lost 5 bucks. Mine were always reliable back then, more so than most $30-50 torch lighters. These get my
mbraud4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #189
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbraud4 View Post
...but they burn any type of fuel with no problems...
Through some fairly unscientific experimenting the 3 I have on hand all seem to actually run BETTER on Ronson fuel, especially when the adjustment restrictor is removed and the flame height is really cranked up... an over-driven flame on 5x Refined fuel is more prone to softening and puffing-out and requires the height to be dialed down close to or below the original limited max.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #190
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopkins82 View Post
Through some fairly unscientific experimenting the 3 I have on hand all seem to actually run BETTER on Ronson fuel, especially when the adjustment restrictor is removed and the flame height is really cranked up... an over-driven flame on 5x Refined fuel is more prone to softening and puffing-out and requires the height to be dialed down close to or below the original limited max.
My experience is the opposite. I only used Ronson fuel in one of my Jetlites. It was also the only one not to last more than 3 months. The rest I feed Vector and some of them have been going for years.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #191
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
My experience is the opposite. I only used Ronson fuel in one of my Jetlites. It was also the only one not to last more than 3 months. The rest I feed Vector and some of them have been going for years.
My comments really only pertained to performance at max flame and not longevity. Mine have only been going a few months each and get rotated around with a Lotus Laser, B&M house lighters, and soon an Ever Tech Spark. It's definitely not like any one sees daily (or even weekly) use. It's quite possible that my Ronson-fueled Jet Lite torches will give up the goat well before before my FasFile-fueled torches.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #192
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

I finally pulled the trigger on one from Walgreens. I was expecting it to be light, cheap and plasticy. I was dead wrong. It's heavy and just wonderfully constructed. It closes perfectly. I don't think I'll ever need a Xikar...
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #193
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
I finally pulled the trigger on one from Walgreens. I was expecting it to be light, cheap and plasticy. I was dead wrong. It's heavy and just wonderfully constructed. It closes perfectly. I don't think I'll ever need a Xikar...
You will after you light you're first cigar with the Ronson. They have a very small reservior.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #194
BC-Axeman

I had my last Jetlite confiscated by security in a Chinese airport. I survived with Hotel matches until I found a lighter stand at a supermarket. I tried a bunch out and liked the feel of this one, made by Honest:

It has a little hinged cover that pulls back when you depress the igniter and a slot on the front to view the fuel level. I'm not sure what good the lanyard is. Maybe so it doesn't get away from you at herfs. It was labeled 38 RMB, about $6 but I talked her down to 30 RMB, about $4.75.
It's about 3 1/4 inches long and heavy.
I'm still looking to replace my Jetlite.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #195
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
You will after you light you're first cigar with the Ronson. They have a very small reservior.
I only need it when I go to B&M's, or other public places. Style is key in public

When I'm at home, I have a bunch of those big resevoir ones from dealextreme
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #196
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Heads up:
E-Bay has Ronson Jetlites up for sale right now, $4 shipped I think.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #197
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Not sure how prevalent yet, but I saw these at AAFES BX for first time yesterday here in NOVA.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #198
Partially Deaf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
Partially Deaf is on a distinguished road

Mine just crapped out, so I went and bought another. The new one I got is a darker color, like a gunmetal, and feels cheaper... but the flame it puts out is bigger than my old Ronson. Oh well, as long as it lights...
Partially Deaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #199
area51
Blowing Smoke Rings

First Name: Ken
Trading: (3)
Bolivar Army (Active)
area51 has a spectacular aura aboutarea51 has a spectacular aura about

Saw these at the PX the other day. I was tempted to pick one up.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #200
BMack
Dreaming of Bolivars

First Name: Brian
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
BMack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
I finally bought one and it wont stay lit... guess this happens from time to time... tried to clean n bleed and still no go.... guess no warranty on a $4 lighter...hahaha
Actually there is a 1-year warranty on them.

What I find is that some have different tolerances, only staying lit in a large "flame" and some allow a much smaller flame. Turn the screw to adjust the flame until it will stay lit, I bet it will work just fine...albeit a fuel chugger.