Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #41
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Dexter - Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
i wonder if we will have his father and bother giving him advice in the same scenes, that would be interesting.
rescue me-esque
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #42
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i wonder if we will have his father and bother giving him advice in the same scenes, that would be interesting.
Very interesting.

I've only read the first book, but I hear that in later novels, Dexter gets advice from his father, his brother, and Doakes from time to time.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #43
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Brother Sam was the good conscience during the first half of the season, now the ghost of the brother is going to play the bad conscience for the second half. Can't wait for the second half.
This. I REALLY like that idea.

Quote:
Agreed, I'd love to see the 2 of them talking to Dexter if only for one episode.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #44
Obscura
and stuff. . .

First Name: Nick
Trading: (0)
Army
Obscura is on a distinguished road

I'd like for all of them to have an argument, now that'd be a glorious scene.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #45
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Very interesting.

I've only read the first book, but I hear that in later novels, Dexter gets advice from his father, his brother, and Doakes from time to time.
Huh? Doakes and his brother are both alive in the books. I don't recall his brother coming back around for any advice in any of the books. And it would be really hard for Doakes to give advice even if he didn't hate Dexter.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #46
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Huh? Doakes and his brother are both alive in the books. I don't recall his brother coming back around for any advice in any of the books. And it would be really hard for Doakes to give advice even if he didn't hate Dexter.
Like I said, I haven't read the books other than the first one, but I had been told that. Thanks for fixing the mixup, Jason.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #47
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I'm wondering if any of that Nebraska trip is gonna come back and bite Dexter in the rear.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #48
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
I'm wondering if any of that Nebraska trip is gonna come back and bite Dexter in the rear.
It might, but tbh there have been dozens of plot holes this season that could get him caught. I think the writers are just getting sloppy in developing the plot and forgetting the little things, like no one looking for two missing ambulance drivers?

All in all last night was a hell of an episode. It was a nice diversion and one episode is just right for it personally. I like how he picked up the 'hitchhiker' on the way home.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #49
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
I like how he picked up the 'hitchhiker' on the way home.
Total symbolism. I loved it. He ran over his Dark Passenger and picked up his "Guiding Light" passenger.

I also loved the "American Gothic" scene they re-created with Dexter and his brother in the shed!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #50
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Total symbolism. I loved it. He ran over his Dark Passenger and picked up his "Guiding Light" passenger.

I also loved the "American Gothic" scene they re-created with Dexter and his brother in the shed!
I lol'ed when I saw that.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #51
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

A predictable episode last night, but a good one. I'm wondering is Dexter gonna kill the Doomsday killer or is he gonna let Deb solve this one.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #52
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
A predictable episode last night, but a good one. I'm wondering is Dexter gonna kill the Doomsday killer or is he gonna let Deb solve this one.
That would be a nice "Apology" letting her solve it eh?

**************SPOILER***************************** *********

I couldn't believe he killed his sister, I did not see that coming

**********END OF SPOILER************************************

This has been a good season so far, in fact the only season I didn't like was the Jimmy Smits one, that just bored me.

Anyone else think the actor who plays Quinn is not a good drunk actor? Just awful and his pick up lines.....puhleeze.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #53
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post

**************SPOILER***************************** *********

I couldn't believe he killed his sister, I did not see that coming

**********END OF SPOILER************************************

This has been a good season so far, in fact the only season I didn't like was the Jimmy Smits one, that just bored me.

Anyone else think the actor who plays Quinn is not a good drunk actor? Just awful and his pick up lines.....puhleeze.
The question I have is what are they setting up with him? Seems like there's something that they are going to do something with him, in the direction they're heading.

As for DDK, which one is Dex going to kill? I think one of them will feel his dark passenger. Can't figure out which one yet.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #54
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
The question I have is what are they setting up with him? Seems like there's something that they are going to do something with him, in the direction they're heading.

As for DDK, which one is Dex going to kill? I think one of them will feel his dark passenger. Can't figure out which one yet.
Many people feel that there is only one DDK, with the professor being only a figment of the other's imagination.

As far as Quinn goes, I keep thinking every season that they're gonna kill him off. Maybe this is the season in which that happens.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #55
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
He's spared people already this season, maybe he'll do it again.

And what's up with LaGuerta and her knowledge in the dead hooker case? Maybe Quinn killed her and LaGuerta is covering for him? This could easily fit in with the alcoholism angle they've got going for him right now.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #56
Wanger

Quote:
Many people feel that there is only one DDK, with the professor being only a figment of the other's imagination.
Haven't heard anything about that, but then, I don't follow it other than the htread here and watching it. Given last night's episode, it makes sense, but then there is the issue of how he ended up as he was when Dex found him.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #57
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Haven't heard anything about that, but then, I don't follow it other than the htread here and watching it. Given last night's episode, it makes sense, but then there is the issue of how he ended up as he was when Dex found him.
He could have done it to himself and had the key in his pocket. Also, how could a man in his late 70s/early 80s just disappear from the loft so quietly and quickly (Batman style) unless he wasn't really there?

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #58
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

And what's up with LaGuerta and her knowledge in the dead hooker case? Maybe Quinn killed her and LaGuerta is covering for him? This could easily fit in with the alcoholism angle they've got going for him right now.

Me and the wife were talking about this, and she thinks it's the big boss, he was with the hooker and doesn't want it leaked out to the public.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #59
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Me and the wife were talking about this, and she thinks it's the big boss, he was with the hooker and doesn't want it leaked out to the public.
I thought so too for a while, but LaGuerta and he do not have a very friendly relationship. If she had dirt on him, I think she would expose him. But you never know. That's why I like this season. It keeps everyone guessing.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #60
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
I thought so too for a while, but LaGuerta and he do not have a very friendly relationship. If she had dirt on him, I think she would expose him. But you never know. That's why I like this season. It keeps everyone guessing.
That's a good point, but wasn't the chief pi$$ed off at Morgan for going to him instead of LaGuerta or was that in an earlier season???