Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #5701
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Got my new Trijicon accupoint 5-20 scope (red triangle) home tonight for my long range 300 ultra mag project.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #5702
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

One of the doctors I work with has a website for firearms accessories that he's getting out of the biz. Offered me anything he can get (non-FFL) at his cost before he gives it up.

Gonna try to get a speedvault handgun safe, a carrying case suitable for my shotgun/AR15, and maybe a gun safe of some sort capable of storing ~ 6 rifles.

What are your must have accessories and such that I should consider?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #5703
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Full cleaning supplies, gun socks for storage any mags he has left, ammo cans, pretty much anything you can get your hands on. Flashlights I like flashlights.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #5704
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

Mags holsters laser pointers or maybe whatever has the most mark up (of things you want of course). If you can save a hundred or two on a nice safe opposed to saving 30 bucks on mags jump on the safe.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #5705
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

After a little more thinking, I may just take over the whole darned business. He has the website running and then a start with some manufacturers. I'd expand it to be a full retail store for mags, flashlights, scopes, and hopefully expand to AR parts. Looking for items that would be a high turnover item and leave a small footprint from a space standpoint as I'd be starting out of my garage-albeit it is a 4 car garage at that.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #5706
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

If you get into the handgun scene I'd for sure buy from you!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #5707
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
After a little more thinking, I may just take over the whole darned business. He has the website running and then a start with some manufacturers. I'd expand it to be a full retail store for mags, flashlights, scopes, and hopefully expand to AR parts. Looking for items that would be a high turnover item and leave a small footprint from a space standpoint as I'd be starting out of my garage-albeit it is a 4 car garage at that.
Sounds like an awesome opportunity for you
Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #5708
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Its a good day!!! Just ordered 5 boxes of 9mm and 2000 cci small pistol primers .
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #5709
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

My newest toy.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #5710
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Nice pick up!! Natchez has the 9mm and cci #500 small pistol primers in stock still. 2 boxes of 1000 primers and 5 box ammo maxs.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #5711
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
My newest toy.

Sweet!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #5712
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Nice Bob!

I found out that a kid I went to elementary school with is on one of my fishing boards, long story short he is a sales rep for Eotech, scoring me a new optic for $250, better than the retail of $500
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #5713
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys. It's a CZ Canvasback 20g. Going to be a great little sporting clay gun, with the occasional bird hunt.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #5714
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Nice Bob!

I found out that a kid I went to elementary school with is on one of my fishing boards, long story short he is a sales rep for Eotech, scoring me a new optic for $250, better than the retail of $500
You sure know how to make one jealous! Nice score though!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #5715
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
You sure know how to make one jealous! Nice score though!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #5716
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
If you get into the handgun scene I'd for sure buy from you!
I don't know that I want all the extra headache to be honest with you. I can look into the additional requirements I'd need to meet to do it though besides maintaining all the books on file for the ATF or what. I'm thinking any firearms accessories you can imagine to include ammo when it actually becomes available again.

He showed me some really cool stuff that can be done. I've already figured a lot of the things I could do to drive sales. I'd love for nothing more than to transfer the ~50 hours/week at the hospital down to the 24 I'm required each week because I'm building my own business and have something of far greater value down the road.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #5717
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Trying to figure out what trigger to go with on my AR pistol build. Is a Geissele SSA trigger ($180) worth the extra money over a ALG Combat trigger ($60)?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #5718
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never tried the ALG but I love my SSA's and SSE's.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #5719
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually, I should explain. The SSA and SSE's are very nice triggers for what they are. If you take your time through the pull it is very light but you can still feel very, very little grit it in. The more I play with it the more it has smoothed out. Would I say it is a completely better than the stock trigger yes. The best trigger out there, I don't know, I haven't tried a lot of them.

Honestly the 2 stage LMT trigger I have is almost as nice. I decided to leave that trigger alone versus swapping it out to an SSA.

I did have a nice RRA NM trigger that I traded out due to reliability reasons, Giessele being more reliable, but the RRA was also a nice 2 stage trigger.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #5720
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Ok, the more I think about my trigger options the more I'm not sure which direction to go. Which one of these options would you go with?

1. ALG Milspec trigger + misc lpk + KNS antiroll pins + JP Springs ($130)
2. Spikes enhanced LPK ($200)
3. Misc lpk + Geissele SSA + KNS antiroll pins ($250)
Closed Thread