Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road
Default AVO Lounge Cigar Toro Cigar Review Video

This 6×50 stick offers a medium brown lumpy and firm wrapper with minimal veins, invisible seams a triple cap and a rich oily tobacco aroma. First light reveals a firm draw, minimal smoke output but big medium-full body. Flavors are rich, oily earth with a bit of pepper and hot spice on a long earthy finish. The first third develops beautifully in to a slightly musty creamy smooth aged tobacco, with a good bit of cinnamon kick, lasting through the finish. Smoke output increased to a good normal amount and the body stayed near full. 40 min in at the 2nd third transition, flavors dropped most of the cinnamon on the draw and body is a solid medium. Overall it gives a rich, oily, deep flavor experience. Just before the 1/2 point it tunneled a bit and went out prompting a relight. Unfortunately the band was applied with a big glob of glue, taking a chunk of wrapper with it as it was removed. Luckily it did not breach to the binder. 1:45 in the stick started to smoke very hot so I ended it with about 1 1/2″ remaining, just my personal taste. Flavors in the last third pushed more of the licorice and added a touch of warm nuts. Strength wise this is a medium-full stick, giving me jitters and making me a bit light headed for 30 min after filming. Video on the site.