Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #562
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Very very impressive showing by Bama. Congrats to all the fans of The Crimson Tide.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #563
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

OLS...

Where are you??????
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #564
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

My congratulations to the Bama Fans here....I went to bed at halftime. The ESPN3 internet viewer window was
so stuttery it was giving me a migraine. What was ON IT was not too encouraging either. Not sure what Les
Miles did in the second half, but if it was as hard-headed as it was in the first, I didn't miss much. The only success
we had against the tough bama D all night was in vertical passing. As soon as we would complete a pass, he would call
a run. I would have kept it up until I out-scored the Tide, no matter what types of interceptions or worse happened.

Outstanding defensive scheme, and the kicking game did not fail you. Impressive win.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #565
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to all the Bama fans!!! I really enjoyed watching that butt whipping!!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #566
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations to LSU. They racked up an impressive season record of 13-1, the best record in the SEC,
a better record than the National Champions themselves even. They went into Tuscaloosa and stole a game
from what now looks like a superior team who just played badly. They played arguably the toughest schedule in the
nation and breezed through it undefeated. They played as well or better on the road than they did at home. If I had
to blame anyone for the loss at the BCS title game, I blame the fans, who must have believed their own press SO MUCH
that they felt like they could sit in the stands and drink and watch their team struggle against a brick wall of a defense
and let Bama run their offense in polite silence. And then there's the impressive lineup of wins over the Rose, Orange,
Cotton, Gator, Peach, Music City and BCS NCG bowl games. Impressive.

Yes sir, that was a mighty good season for the Tigers. 14-0 would have looked PRETTY SWEET on the mantle next
to that crystal egg they laid in the Superdome. But alas it was not to be. Bama only gets one kudo from me, see
reply above. But that was huge, just huge.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #567
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

That is one huge crow
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #568
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
My congratulations to the Bama Fans here....I went to bed at halftime. The ESPN3 internet viewer window was
so stuttery it was giving me a migraine. What was ON IT was not too encouraging either. Not sure what Les
Miles did in the second half, but if it was as hard-headed as it was in the first, I didn't miss much. The only success
we had against the tough bama D all night was in vertical passing. As soon as we would complete a pass, he would call
a run. I would have kept it up until I out-scored the Tide, no matter what types of interceptions or worse happened.

Outstanding defensive scheme, and the kicking game did not fail you. Impressive win.
You know, for all the smack that was talked, impressive to see you post such a classy post even in defeat. Honestly. It's sore losers and sore winners that make the game unbearable. Of course we all like to gloat a little when we win, and that's expected. But I hope that we all have some solace in the fact that this is the first time in 6 years that an sec team lost in the bcs game... And it came at the hands of another sec team. Keep it in the south baby! Those other folks don't know how to play ball!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #569
OLS
Suck It

Well, Jeremy, either you don't know me very well, or you thought I was lying when I told you what I would do if we lost.
Smack must be talked, I am a Homer. I DID promise to post "after the game", but I went to bed at the half owing to bad
web video. But I am not so far gone that I do not understand or comprehend a good ole fashion "a55-handing-to".
I will not come with excuses the next morning when we lose, because in football there ARE no excuses. Lose a player
early in the game, you replace him with another. If you don't have another, that's YOUR FAULT. Miss a bunch of field goals??
Get a new kicker. QB having an off night?? Replace him. Backs not playing up to par?? Switch em. Don't HAVE better
guys waiting in the wings? Then you aren't the best team, are you?
A lot of times you get fans who are flush with excuses or explanations as to why they lost. They are full of Smacktalk
when they win, but tell you you don't know what you are talking about when they lose. That is the worst kind of sportsman-
ship. Your team loses, especially in this kind of indefensible performance, THEY LOST. There is no excuse for it, we are one
of if not the deepest team in football. And yet not one player in the rotation was able to do anything all that positive,
and certainly not turn the game around. I did like the play of the defensive line and the punter. And I will state here
what I have said elsewhere. SHAME on the 50,000+ LSU fans in attendance. SHAME ON YOU. You let Bama just run their
offense in respectful silence. You barely cheered on your own team, and ONLY when something really good happened,
which was infrequent to say the least. SHAME on you.
----------Edit---
Oh and SHAME on Brent Musberger. I hate him to begin with, but LSU fans did not "pick up the extra tickets".
Each team receives 17,000 tickets to the game, with the roughly 38,000 remaining divided among Sugar Bowl
season-ticket holders, corporate sponsors and the 125-person Sugar Bowl committee. Yes, a lot of those ended up
in partisan hands. But it was just another reason I hate Musberger. He is just awful.

Last edited by OLS; 01-10-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #570
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Wow, that was a horrible game to watch. "The SEC has the best football in the country" The kicker can't even make a PAT
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #571
OLS
Suck It

You want to be MORE impressed Jeremy??
I think now that we escaped Tuscaloosa with a win against a superior team that played an inferior game.
That does not change in any way the fact that I thought the better team won that night, because of
the very reasons I list in the reply above. I had a LOT of trouble with the sore losers the next week who
all seemed to begrudge me my team's time in the spotlight. But make no mistake, coupled with the stoning
we got last night, and the virtual tie in Tuscaloosa on Nov 5th, it is clear that Bama is the 2012 National Champion.
They proved to be better in almost every way than LSU in two games this season. LSU is no slouch, not even close.
But NO TEAM IN THE MODERN HISTORY OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME HAS EVER been shut out. But Bama
shut out the Tigers. MIGHTY impressive. (The last shutout in a championship game was a 0-0 tie in the 40s.)

Sure, I am pi55ed. Sure, I am disappointed. Sure, I feel bad for my team. Sure, I feel bad for me especially.
But that was MIGHTY impressive.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #572
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Wow, that was a horrible game to watch. "The SEC has the best football in the country" The kicker can't even make a PAT
Dan, you know I love you, but if you want to see a slaughter, put one of your top ten teams in
that game last night and see what happens. Sure, there would have been more touchdowns,
but I am not sure you would have liked the outcome any better.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #573
OLS
Suck It

Scary now to think of what might have 'happened' had Bama somehow failed to make it to the game,
because this was NEVER a lock. Had OK St not lost up in Ioway, they would be sitting at home last night
knowing they were the better team. OH WHY, OH WHY couldn't that have happened, hahah.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #574
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dan, you know I love you, but if you want to see a slaughter, put one of your top ten teams in
that game last night and see what happens. Sure, there would have been more touchdowns,
but I am not sure you would have liked the outcome any better.
I would not have liked the outcome, but at least I would have been entertained. I just hate seeing a quarterback not even come close to hitting his receivers (LSU QB), and missed PAT's (obviously Alabama)
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #575
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Bolivar

Quote:
You want to be MORE impressed Jeremy??
I think now that we escaped Tuscaloosa with a win against a superior team that played an inferior game.
That does not change in any way the fact that I thought the better team won that night, because of
the very reasons I list in the reply above. I had a LOT of trouble with the sore losers the next week who
all seemed to begrudge me my team's time in the spotlight. But make no mistake, coupled with the stoning
we got last night, and the virtual tie in Tuscaloosa on Nov 5th, it is clear that Bama is the 2012 National Champion.
They proved to be better in almost every way than LSU in two games this season. LSU is no slouch, not even close.
But NO TEAM IN THE MODERN HISTORY OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME HAS EVER been shut out. But Bama
shut out the Tigers. MIGHTY impressive. (The last shutout in a championship game was a 0-0 tie in the 40s.)

Sure, I am pi55ed. Sure, I am disappointed. Sure, I feel bad for my team. Sure, I feel bad for me especially.
But that was MIGHTY impressive.
No doubt. I believe the best two teams played. I wouldn't begrudge LSU one bit for saying they were among the best, Its easy to see they dominated every other team.

Btw I can't stand Brent turdburger either.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #576
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't watch the game, I'd rather watch paint dry. I did follow the score up until it was 9-0 and I was pretty shocked.
Now, if that shocked me, imagine how shocked I was to come in here and see Brad tip his hat.
Classy move, brother.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #577
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Im shocked at the outcome of the game. I expected more points from both sides, but on teh flip note, it was the defensive struggle I expected. But holding LSU back like they did, I did not expect.

OH well, glad the crystal is back in the state again

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #578
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Well, the game was the defensive struggle I thought it would be. I am truly shocked at the lack of points from LSU. That outcome I would have bet against strongly! While it fits with Bama's defensive stats this year, there's no way anyone would have/should have expected that. I figured (especially when all Bama did in first half was FGs) the game would end up a reverse of the first game (Bama 9, LSU 6).

But I enjoyed the defensive excellence (from both teams) that is the mark of true championship teams (again, from both sides). Beat the heck out of watching most of the other bowl games where both teams pretty much scored at will. How many bowl games broke records in points scored, or other offensive catagories???

It's a two phase game. No defense, no national title or shot at a national title. Defense has been key in the SEC's wins over the last six seasons. The scores may not seem to reflect that in a couple of the games, but re-watch those games. Several were won befor the losing team tacked on a closing score where the winner basically traded a score that did not matter for time off the clock.

As far as boring..... I turned off most of the offense free-for-all bowl games at half time, because the looked like basketball games with all that uncontested running up and down the field, each team scoring at will! That's not football. That's barely half the game.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #579
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
You know, for all the smack that was talked, impressive to see you post such a classy post even in defeat. Honestly. It's sore losers and sore winners that make the game unbearable. Of course we all like to gloat a little when we win, and that's expected.
Maybe it's just me, but I liked watching in the second half as the other team helped guys up after the play was over. Mutual respect and classy.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #580
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt if it sets alltime BCS viewership records.
You were right, Brad. *just not in the way you intended*
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote