Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #81
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: Minecraft

Server is going great, thanks Brute!
It's funny, we have a B&M now!

I am learning alot about red stone thanks to some of you more experienced builders!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #82
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

It is! Thanks for putting it together! I know my Bro and I are having a good time playing!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #83
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
It is! Thanks for putting it together! I know my Bro and I are having a good time playing!
Are you guys doing that HUGE tree?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #84
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Are you guys doing that HUGE tree?
Yep. Hopefully it stands up to everything you guys have made so far.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #85
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Yep. Hopefully it stands up to everything you guys have made so far.
Its sooo HUGE, hahaha. I like it.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #86
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Let me just say that I'm severely impressed by all of you guys. You all are building some impressive structures!

Glad I could get a CA server running for us, it's been a lot of fun so far.

Also, I'd like to apologize for any slowness/chunk errors you experience. I've tried to optimize it best I can (my first go at it with just my friend was terrible), but I can't get rid of those chunk errors. If any of you have any ideas on that, let me know. As far as the slowness/lag, well...you can blame AT&T for that rofl

As always, if there is anybody else here who would like to join the server, just PM me and I can get you the info
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #87
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Spent much of today just playing with red wire. So much you can do, it's like minecraft engineering!

Im gonna have to start posting some screen shots.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #88
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

weee, finally got around to stopping by. wandered around a bit, posted a note on the board. I suppose I'll pick a spot to start building next time I'm on. I posted my skills on the board, let me know if I can help with anything.

Had the game since Alpha, but I havn't played since 1.0 came out, so I am WAY outdated on all the new stuff.

Don't expect any big impressive buildings out of me, my architectural design skills are measure don the negative scale .

After establishing a base, a mine, and some basic wealth, I might prioritize building an auto exp farm, get lvled, and crank out high level enchantments on some tools....

Server questions:
1) Have we been playing creative, or "mine it yourself if you want to build it"?
2) Daylight mod? seems like I could see quite well at night.... and didn't seem like the zombies were burning up in the daytime...
3) server? bukkit I assume?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #89
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
weee, finally got around to stopping by. wandered around a bit, posted a note on the board. I suppose I'll pick a spot to start building next time I'm on. I posted my skills on the board, let me know if I can help with anything.

Had the game since Alpha, but I havn't played since 1.0 came out, so I am WAY outdated on all the new stuff.

Don't expect any big impressive buildings out of me, my architectural design skills are measure don the negative scale .

After establishing a base, a mine, and some basic wealth, I might prioritize building an auto exp farm, get lvled, and crank out high level enchantments on some tools....

Server questions:
1) Have we been playing creative, or "mine it yourself if you want to build it"?
2) Daylight mod? seems like I could see quite well at night.... and didn't seem like the zombies were burning up in the daytime...

Most of us play creative mode, some play survivor.
We have placed a lot of candles around to illuminate the surrounding areas, this may explain the ability to see at night? I have seen many mobs burning, however I have also seen many not burn, not sure really.
I don't think it is bukkit since bukkit takes for ever to create a stable version and we are playing the most current one, but not sure.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #90
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

I normally play in survival on my own, but I've been playing in creative mode while on the server to build things. Once I get bored of building I'll go off somewhere and go spelunking in survival mode.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #91
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Server questions:
Hey, whatever you build is good with us man, we're just here to have fun

Server Answers:
1) Most of us are playing in creative, if you're familiar with OP commands I can OP you and you can switch yourself back and forth if you'd like.

2) No mods on this server at all actually, haha. I think they changed something with the brightness in the last update, because mobs are now bugged and don't always burn up during the day (it was listed in known bugs on Mojang's page).

3) Server is just at my house and is only the plain vanilla MC server from the official site. Is bukkit a host service or is it just a server mod?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #92
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Hey, whatever you build is good with us man, we're just here to have fun

Server Answers:
1) Most of us are playing in creative, if you're familiar with OP commands I can OP you and you can switch yourself back and forth if you'd like.

2) No mods on this server at all actually, haha. I think they changed something with the brightness in the last update, because mobs are now bugged and don't always burn up during the day (it was listed in known bugs on Mojang's page).

3) Server is just at my house and is only the plain vanilla MC server from the official site. Is bukkit a host service or is it just a server mod?

ahh yeah, that would be great to switch between em. I prefer to play on survival... but use creative for experimenting with engineering projects and discovering physics glitches

I havn't messed with minecarts since notch "broke" everything with the glitch physics update/fix. Starting to get the urge to work on minecarts or a mechanism...

bukkit is an alternative server to the mojang distributed one. It's major advantage is the ability to run a wide swath of plugins, from ones that tweak minor irritants, to drastically changing the game play completely to ones that grant or deny permissions and commands to groups of people. *MANY* public servers you see on the net are running bukkit, due to the latter.

I used to manage a bukkit server my friend set up in his house a while back (not enough bandwidth in my house), I'm quite familiar with op commands (now lets see how many I remember, lol)

BIG drawback to bukkit is that its developed by an outside group, which means they're always a step behind mojang for pumping out stable releases. Right now it's got beta releases out for 1.2.3 and the last (rock solid) stable release was 1.1

What it generally comes down to however is if it aint broke, don't bother fixin it!. unless you've got a burning desire to tinker with plugins, K.I.S.S. always works the easiest ... only reason I had asked was because of the chunk errors you mentioned - I had experienced them in bukkit before and was curious if there was link there. seems like the answer to that is no!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #93
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC

Quote:
ahh yeah, that would be great to switch between em. I prefer to play on survival... but use creative for experimenting with engineering projects and discovering physics glitches

I havn't messed with minecarts since notch "broke" everything with the glitch physics update/fix. Starting to get the urge to work on minecarts or a mechanism...

bukkit is an alternative server to the mojang distributed one. It's major advantage is the ability to run a wide swath of plugins, from ones that tweak minor irritants, to drastically changing the game play completely to ones that grant or deny permissions and commands to groups of people. *MANY* public servers you see on the net are running bukkit, due to the latter.

I used to manage a bukkit server my friend set up in his house a while back (not enough bandwidth in my house), I'm quite familiar with op commands (now lets see how many I remember, lol)

BIG drawback to bukkit is that its developed by an outside group, which means they're always a step behind mojang for pumping out stable releases. Right now it's got beta releases out for 1.2.3 and the last (rock solid) stable release was 1.1

What it generally comes down to however is if it aint broke, don't bother fixin it!. unless you've got a burning desire to tinker with plugins, K.I.S.S. always works the easiest ... only reason I had asked was because of the chunk errors you mentioned - I had experienced them in bukkit before and was curious if there was link there. seems like the answer to that is no!
Yeah, I don't really have much need/desire to lock down the server since it's just us and none of us are going to be griefing each other

Plugins might be fun, but for now I think we're all having fun with vanilla Maybe if we get bored, haha
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #94
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

From personal experience, Bukkit is a nightmare. Waiting months for a stable version is such a bore.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #95
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
From personal experience, Bukkit is a nightmare. Waiting months for a stable version is such a bore.

I too have shared that experience.

It SEEMS that they've gotten lately about that. There's still the recommended build, but apparently the "beta" builds are a little more ready for prime time than previously. But that's just from my reading, I havn't run a bukkit server since ~0.8

But again, why put ourselves through it if we don't really want it , things look great
Old 03-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #96
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Server needs updated. New update just came out, I can't join the server until it is updated because I accepted it already.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #97
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC

Roger that, I'll get it updated when I get home in a few hours.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #98
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Roger that, I'll get it updated when I get home in a few hours.
Thanks brother. I'll sacrifice blocks at your church to show my appreciation!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #99
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC

Haha, all hail the mighty Endermen
Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #100
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Haha, all hail the mighty Endermen
Today I was deep in the earth and was away from my computer for a bit and when I got back to my desk there was an enderman just standing point blank in my face creepin on me. Made me laugh, they are soo creepy.