Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 12-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #121
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dexter Season 5 - DISCUSSION THREAD

I was a bit let down by the ending. Too many issues magically resolved. No explanation about Quinn's fingerprints and connection to Robocop, Lumen is all of a sudden healed and Dexter has no issue with her leaving with all of his secrets. And Quinn seems to know Dexter killed Robocop, but he's ok with it just b/c he loves Deb.

It was a lot like the ending to Huck Finn, as if Twain got tired of telling the story, so everything just "magically" got put back in place for a happy ending.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #122
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I was a bit let down by the ending. Too many issues magically resolved. No explanation about Quinn's fingerprints and connection to Robocop, Lumen is all of a sudden healed and Dexter has no issue with her leaving with all of his secrets. And Quinn seems to know Dexter killed Robocop, but he's ok with it just b/c he loves Deb.

It was a lot like the ending to Huck Finn, as if Twain got tired of telling the story, so everything just "magically" got put back in place for a happy ending.
Everything did magically resolve in a sense. But you really don't know that for sure until season 6 starts. It could go several ways.
1. Quinn could easily put 2+2 together and wonder why Dexter cleared him off the case.
2. Dexter and Quinn could become friends
3. Quinn realizes Dexter killed Liddy and it bites Dexter in the a$$ at a later time.
4. Quinn uses the murder as leverage and could essentially make Dexter do whatever he wanted with the threat of telling Deb

Although it also brings the kids (all 3) back into the picture. Lumen being healed, well she got what she wanted everyone responsible dead. As far as Dexters secrets well she killed 2 people herself, I cannot imagine her ever spilling his secrets.

I agree about the Quinn thing though. It does become pretty painfully obvious Dexter did that one. But again Quinn thanked him for clearing him and that makes them MAYBE even at best. It could pit Quinn vs Dexter for season 7. Or Quinn could care for Deb too much and let go.

If I'm not mistaken Dexter always ends with everything "wrapped up". The new seasons are always a complete surprise.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #123
tx_tuff

Quinn knows Dexter did it, Dexter knows that Quinn knows. Its all Deb that is saving both of them, Quinn doesn't want to lose her over it and Dexter doesn't want to take out her love, he wants her to be happy. So that only means that at a later time when the Quinn and Deb relationship falls apart it will bring up Quinn Vs Dexter again. That could be a couple years away.

As far as "issues magically resolved" that happens all the time on the show and is nothing new. Quinn was cleared because of the blood Dexter doctored up, as far as finger prints and phone calls he explained that by being his only friend. If they showed every little detail it would be a 2 hour show LOL.

Overall it was good but I was telling the wife at the start of the show that Lumen was leaving, and as soon as Deb walked into the camp house I told her that Deb was letting them go. So unlike last year I could see things coming which made it not as good as last years ending. But we still enjoyed it.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #124
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

something about what deb said to dexter at the party and how she was with quinn makes me think he told her everything and she has a suspicion or more about dexter.
Posted via Mobile Device
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #125
JDTexan
College Football Fanatic

First Name: Justin
Trading: (3)
JL
JDTexan is on a distinguished road

It was an ok ending at best but I am still very interested in the show.
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #126
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post

If I'm not mistaken Dexter always ends with everything "wrapped up". The new seasons are always a complete surprise.
Except for last year. Rita lying in a bathtub filled with her own blood wasn't "wrapped up" to me.

Yeah, I know it's only an hour long show (45 minutes really), but they could have had a better explanation for Quinn getting off the hook (or took out the detail of his fingerprints being everywhere). I'm ok with the whole Lumen story, but the Quinn ordeal is still bugging me today.

I'm still a fan of the show, yet I was a bit let down b/c of the continuity issues. Yes, there have been some in the past, but this season takes the cake with all of the flaws. I was still entertained and will continue to watch and enjoy the show.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #127
tx_tuff

Keep in mind that Quinn's fingerprints where only on the outside of the van (from when he tried to open the doors) and not on the inside. So that makes a big difference.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #128
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

yep, there are some pretty big holes in Quinns story. I also imagine there was some of Dexters blood left on the flipped, stolen car at the camp
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #129
tx_tuff

Doesn't matter for 2 reasons, one Dexter does all the blood testing, and 2 even if somebody else did it there would be no match because Dexter's blood/DNA is not in the system.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #130
Darrell

I like this show, but the finale was a bit underwhelming.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #131
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I dunno, it was kinda weird and surprising on how close Dexter was to Deb figuring him out. I thought it was a good ending, but I agree nothing earth shattering. But it does set up for what I believe will be a VERY exciting 6th season.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #132
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

Trading: (48)
RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough

Just watched it tonight, as we had company last night, and thought it was okay. Nothing like last year obviously, and was hoping that Deb was going to find out about Dexter. Was also hoping that Lumen would be around, but kind of figured she's be gone once Jordan was. I look forward to next season and wish there were more than 12 damn episodes per season!
3SmokesaRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #133
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound View Post
wish there were more than 12 damn episodes per season!
You ain't kidding Bill! I'm quite shocked really, there is a lot of shows out there with 20+ episodes a season that are quite good. Burn Notice and Fringe come to mind. Although lately Fringe has been very Meh.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #134
tx_tuff

I think they where setting up for Deb finding out about Dexter next season. Would make a pretty good secondary story line.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #135
tx_tuff

Don't know if y'all heard the news today that Dexter is divorcing Deb LOL. Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) are getting divorced. Also I think it was posted when it was announced on Dec 7th, Dexter has been renewed for a season 6.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #136
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
Don't know if y'all heard the news today that Dexter is divorcing Deb LOL. Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) are getting divorced. Also I think it was posted when it was announced on Dec 7th, Dexter has been renewed for a season 6.
Yeah I saw that on IMDB. Shame, said they didn't really get along all season. I really hope the show doesn't suffer because of their divorce.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #137
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Hope the divorce didn't have anything to do with the cancer. Sad to hear this.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #138
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

My girlfriend gave me the first two books for Christmas. Once I'm finished with the book I'm in the middle of I'm going to start them. Can't wait. Also I really enjoyed the season finale. Still a little disappointed Deb didn't find out it was Dexter. I've been waiting for that moment for a long time and that was so perfect for it.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote