Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 06-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default A Disservice Rectified

And it's about damn time, too! CBS Sports has announced that it has acquired the rights to air in primetime the Duke/UNC basketball game from Chapel Hill on March 5th. This is not only just in itself but will perhaps help them build some interest in the NCAA Tournament during the weeks before that circus begins.

You say, "What's the big deal?" First, if you think it ain't, you've never seen a Duke/Carolina game before. (And if you only saw one last year, even the staunchest Dook puke will confess you still haven't. )Second, if youu think that you coulda seen it on ESPN anyway, keep in mind . . . Dick Vitale will be a few mikes away during the broadcast.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A Disservice Rectified

lol @ Dook Puke.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Samsquanch
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (21)
ERdM
Samsquanch will become famous soon enough

So what's the disservice that is being rectified? Agreed that the Duke/UNC rivalry is the greatest in all sports!

EDIT: Just realized - it's that it will be aired over network television nationwide and not subscriber television (ESPN). I'm from NC and it was always aired locally, not on ESPN.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Yeah, Andrew, there's a difference between the Tiffany Network and the old Jefferson Pilot one.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
Samsquanch
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (21)
ERdM
Samsquanch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Yeah, Andrew, there's a difference between the Tiffany Network and the old Jefferson Pilot one.
Yeah it's Raycom now but I remember the old JP network. I'm in Seattle now so the airing on CBS is a welcome change.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Boy, are those guys at CBS looking like geniuses now, picking up on THIS 'way back in June!