Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #741
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: New York Mets 2012 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
Football season started, Mac. Are you still watching the Mets suck it up??!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I'm a Bills fan Dave...so it's continuous for me.
Well look on the bright side, Mac . . . the NBA's not far away, so you can start rooting for the Bobcats or the Wizards.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #742
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets drop one to the Phillies 3-1. Dickey pitched well but the offense has been absolutely non existent in the past two weeks. So much for Dickey getting 20 wins this year...the lethargic offense has done zero to support him. And down goes any chance of the Cy Young. If we can't get up for the Phillies and the thought of dropping them under .500 and ruining their playoff chances then we really area dead. It's time like these when it is SO FRUSTRATING to be a Mets fan.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #743
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets signed a two year deal with the Las Vegas 51s' of the Pacific Coast League. Buffalo Bisons decided not to renew their agreement with the Mets...can you blame them? Just another reason how Mets management is killing this franchise.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #744
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mets drop one to the Phillies 3-1. Dickey pitched well but the offense has been absolutely non existent in the past two weeks. So much for Dickey getting 20 wins this year...the lethargic offense has done zero to support him. And down goes any chance of the Cy Young. If we can't get up for the Phillies and the thought of dropping them under .500 and ruining their playoff chances then we really area dead. It's time like these when it is SO FRUSTRATING to be a Mets fan.
C'mon brother, there's PLENTY of reasons to be FRUSTRATED!!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #745
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

It's been an extremely long season.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #746
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
It's been an extremely long season.
Too long!!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #747
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Bullpen strikes again..giving up a two run HR to Howard in the top of the ninth as we lose to the Phillies 3-2. This season is officially over for me...I'm done watching.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #748
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Old 09-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #749
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

16-1....and still going!!.....Howard goes yard for a grand slam in the 9th...Mets really do blow Mac.....you weren't kidding!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:16 AM   #750
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Up yours!!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #751
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Up yours!!
Mets are so far BELOW its gotta be UP!!! .....

There's always 2017....
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #752
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Still not on the bottom yet!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #753
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Mets Sweep the Marlins at home!! All is still not lost!! On top of that, Dickey has a shot at 20 wins! What an awesome season!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #754
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Still not at the bottom. My idea of a successful season was as long we didn't finish in the cellar...and that still holds true. So, we still have a little hope left.

While I believe Dickey should get a lot of consideration for the NL Cy Young award as he is in almost every pitching category top 3, and still has a slight chance for the pitching Triple Crown. I truly believe he will not get the votes because he plays on a losing team, which is total BS...but it is what it is. Just as he was shunned at the All Star game...he should have started that game, PERIOD!!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #755
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Still not at the bottom. My idea of a successful season was as long we didn't finish in the cellar...and that still holds true. So, we still have a little hope left.

While I believe Dickey should get a lot of consideration for the NL Cy Young award as he is in almost every pitching category top 3, and still has a slight chance for the pitching Triple Crown. I truly believe he will not get the votes because he plays on a losing team, which is total BS...but it is what it is. Just as he was shunned at the All Star game...he should have started that game, PERIOD!!
Dickey should have started the All Star game IMO. Also, not sure he would win Cy even if the Mets were winning, just my thought.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #756
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
I truly believe he will not get the votes because he plays on a losing team, which is total BS...but it is what it is. !
I think you're totally off base here!
If this was a race for the MVP, you might have a point.
The Cy Young, especially of late, usually goes to the best pitcher in the league, regardless of the teams record.
In 2010, King Felix won the AL Cy with a W-L record of 13-12, playing for a Seattle team that went 61-101.
Dickey may lose the Cy Young, but it won't be because he plays for the Mets.
Unlike Verlander last year, he has legitimate competition for the award.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #757
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
The Cy Young, especially of late, usually goes to the best pitcher in the league, regardless of the teams record.
In 2010, King Felix won the AL Cy with a W-L record of 13-12, playing for a Seattle team that went 61-101.
With Cueto, Gonzalez, Kershaw as the primary candidates (all on playoff bound teams) Dickey will not evercome these three (wait til the votes are released). While Chapman, and Kimbrell have been thrown into the conversation, I don't feel the Cy Young should go to the top reliever...they already have an award the Rolaids Relief Man Award. But Chapman and Kimbrell will gather voters for the CY Young...and lots of them according to sports reporters.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #758
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I think you're totally off base here!
If this was a race for the MVP, you might have a point.
I'm with Dom here. Honestly its between Gio Gonzalez and Dickey. They both have been great all year, I think if Dickey gets to 20 wins he has a very good chance of winning it. 3 complete game shutouts, tons of strikeouts, better era, but with Gonzalez having 20 already, I think Dickey has to get to 20 in order to win the award.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #759
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

I realy hope you guys prove me wrong.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #760
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Another win??!! The Mets are finally making their playoff run!
Closed Thread