Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #521
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

... Packers 26 - 21 over the Patriots...

I would of felt better with an extra FG, and Adams needs to get some glue on his hands near the goal line next week
Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #522
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

It's ok I guess that they beat the Pats (I am a Pats fan). Pat's needed a loss to re-group for the final stretch of the season.

Well earned win for Green Bay. Did not get to see the game (overseas), but read about it on Boston Herald.

Last edited by mosesbotbol; 11-30-2014 at 10:25 PM.
mosesbotbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #523
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Lions 20 Packers 30

So, today we took the NFC North Division, and we have a bye. Not a bad game today. It may have been different if Rogers had been taken out of the game totally, but happy to see that he returned following halftime.

My big bone to pick for this game, the Packers were ahead of the Lions, 14 to 0 with some minutes remaining prior to the half. Its fourth down and the Lions are going for a 1st or TD, Stafford drops back to throw and releases wherein the pass was incomplete, but Packers Def End Datone Jones (#95) intentionally slaps Stafford on the helmet, drawing a flag from the ref, and giving the Lions another opportunity which they capitolize on with a TD. The Lions go into the locker room at the half with 7 points handed over to them due to Jones not holding it together.

That was irritating... Happy to see it turned around though and looking forward to the Packers playing again in two weeks...

Old 12-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #524
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I'd be upset about Suh stepping on Rodgers twice, seriously if you are backing up and you step on something your natural reaction is to pull your foot away and look to see what it was, unless you are stepping on something on purpose, then you make it a point to twist your foot? Suh is a scumbag, that being said I hope the Raiders sign him ASAP
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #525
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I'd be upset about Suh stepping on Rodgers twice, seriously if you are backing up and you step on something your natural reaction is to pull your foot away and look to see what it was, unless you are stepping on something on purpose, then you make it a point to twist your foot? Suh is a scumbag, that being said I hope the Raiders sign him ASAP
Oh, I agree with you Adam. Suh potentially took a cheap shot on Rodgers bad leg, but it will come under review later by officials to ascertain if it was actually "intentional." You would think that if you did step on something, that you'd at least look down and possibly lift your foot.

We'll see how the Lions do against the Cowboys next week in Dallas
Old 12-29-2014, 05:08 AM   #526
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post

We'll see how the Lions do against the Cowboys next week in Dallas
That'll be a good game.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #527
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
You would think that if you did step on something, that you'd at least look down and possibly lift your foot.
I would. And so would you. And most other people.

But, this was exactly what I expect from Suh. I'm sure he'll deny knowledge of what he was doing, but I won't believe it for one second. 'Thug' is too kind a tag. He's (borderline?) psychopathic, and I'm sick at the thought of him getting a huge free agent payday.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #528
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Dave ht isn't a psychopath, he's a throwback football player and not even that far back, 15-20 years ago that would have been incredibly minor and no one would have looked twice at it.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #529
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

I didn't even think all too much about that incident yesterday....and I'm a Packer fan. I'm talking about Suh's entire body of work. I think maybe if you go back to some of the guys in the 60's or 70's you might find some similar players. But I don't recall anyone that seemed as intent on purposely injuring opponents.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #530
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I'm talking about Suh's entire body of work. I think maybe if you go back to some of the guys in the 60's or 70's you might find some similar players. But I don't recall anyone that seemed as intent on purposely injuring opponents.
There's no secret to that.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #531
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I think maybe if you go back to some of the guys in the 60's or 70's you might find some similar players. But I don't recall anyone that seemed as intent on purposely injuring opponents.
Not so long ago it was a player's job to purposely injure other players.
It's never been cool to try to dish a career-ending injury, but it happened. Many times, intentionally.
That's tangential, Dave. But it's very true.

That said, Suh will be fined. And he should. Not only did he stand on Rodger's leg, he rocked his weight back on it and lifted the other foot.
He knew full well what he was doing, where he was standing, and why he was doing it. He's an excellent football player and he knows where everyone is on the field at any given time.
Maybe ending up on Rodger's leg was a happy coincidence, but he took full advantage of it.

I don't think Suh falls under "psychopath" at all. I think he falls under childishly stupid.
I'd be willing to bet Aaron Rodgers would far rather have him on his team than have to play against him.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #532
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Suh got suspended, just hurt the Lions' chances of winning their 1st playoff game.

With my Bears being eliminated (before the season began? ), I am rooting for the Lions in the NFC...massive longshot, I know.

That being said, Suh is a tremendous POS, and I applaud the NFL for suspending him.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #533
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Suh got suspended, just hurt the Lions' chances of winning their 1st playoff game.

With my Bears being eliminated (before the season began? ), I am rooting for the Lions in the NFC...massive longshot, I know.

That being said, Suh is a tremendous POS, and I applaud the NFL for suspending him.
Football has always been a tough game, and I have no problem with the physical and mental components of the game. To go beyond that and perform an "intentional act" on a helpless player is unacceptable. Happy to hear on the radio this afternoon that Suh was suspended.

... and for crying out loud Tom, start your own thread if you're gonna be rooting for the Lions
Old 12-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #534
AdamJoshua

Oh did someone say Lions, I love the Lions, GO LIONS!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!!!!

Old 12-29-2014, 06:14 PM   #535
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Such hip-checked Rodgers before stepping on him, that is the evidence I need to prove that the step was intentional.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #536
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I thought being "pro suspension" would give me a pass one time, Mark.

Adam, you need a team too....the Raiders were eliminated from the 2015 playoffs in 2011.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #537
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

I'm not really a cowboy fan, but A-Aron's jersey is still clean. Go broncos!!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #538
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Ugh! 40 seconds to go in the first half and I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to watch the second half. Intuition tells me the Packers a slowly sinking in this game. Maybe something will kick them in the butt for the second half to get it together.

Poor tackling by Packers D Tramon Williams #38. Geez
Old 01-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #539
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Nothing like a fumble recovery to add some (much needed) momentum

Of course, following up with a personal foul was costly (FG instead of a TD).

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #540
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

You bet. There was absolutely no reason for Lang to take that shot against the Cowboy D. We walk away with 3 instead of 7 and the lead...

How's things going in Oregon Mike?