Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #501
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

This is sad - seriously sad.

I was at a wrestling tournament today. I saw what happens to normally good wrestlers who have just gotten off the flu, (This is in no way an excuse for the Packers) and it was sad. By 1/2 way through the 2nd of three 2minute periods, guys were completely gassed and weak as a kitten. I can see how that might have affected their play.

Nice game, '9ers.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #502
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Packer's signed Bama running back Eddie Lacy. This will give us a smidge more depth in the back field along with Pease, Franklin, Harris, Lacy, Green, and Starks.

If the "O" line holds up, look out
Old 09-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #503
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Any thoughts on this season thus far? A few if I may:

1. Alex Green cut.

2. We are starting a 21 year old 4th round rookie to protect the blindside of the franchise. Lord help us.

3. We need a backup quarterback. Stat.

4. Why is the current training/medical team still employed? Year in and year out the Packers are the most oft injured team in the league.

5. The defense may not stink the joint out this season. We have decent depth at every level (except linebacker, which is woefully thin) and should be significantly better at stopping the run.

6. I hope that Charles Johnson clears waivers and we sign him to the practice squad.

7. Alex Green cut.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #504
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Yowch! I am certainly glad the Packers are still in the hunt, especially considering the players missing. Offensive line needs work. Defense needs some work. Thankfully, they found a way to win the last two weeks.

Not sure it would be a good or a bad thing for them to get into the play-offs.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #505
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I vote "bad thing".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #506
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Yowch! I am certainly glad the Packers are still in the hunt, especially considering the players missing. Offensive line needs work. Defense needs some work. Thankfully, they found a way to win the last two weeks.

Not sure it would be a good or a bad thing for them to get into the play-offs.
I think the last two weeks have been a good experience for the players filling-in for the injured, and there has been a good cohesiveness brewing among these players as well.

Having the Steelers in Lambeau this week should be a great tune-up for the current Packer offense, defense, and coaching staff.

I believe they will all be up for the play-offs, and with a little payback in mind...
Old 12-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #507
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
I think the last two weeks have been a good experience for the players filling-in for the injured, and there has been a good cohesiveness brewing among these players as well.

Having the Steelers in Lambeau this week should be a great tune-up for the current Packer offense, defense, and coaching staff.

I believe they will all be up for the play-offs, and with a little payback in mind...
I have tickets to the game up for sale. I am not sure if I want them to sell or go with my son Nathan. I could go either way. If they sell, I make a little bit over what I paid for them. If I go, I get to throw snowballs at the game.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #508
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I have tickets to the game up for sale. I am not sure if I want them to sell or go with my son Nathan. I could go either way. If they sell, I make a little bit over what I paid for them. If I go, I get to throw snowballs at the game.
Hey, a couple of pairs of long underwear, sweatshirts, big winter gloves, wool watch cap, jeans, a couple of pairs of socks, big winter jacket, one of those butt warmer pillows for your rear-end, and you're all set

As for me, I'll just have to settle with DirectTV on Sunday. Next best thing to being there in person
Old 12-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #509
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

I have been to my share of snow games. I have the clothes to wear. I enjoy such games. However, I do not need to go to such a game. As we sit here watching it at home, Nathan. who I just woke up, said, "Mmmm, you know, I think I'm glad to have the cash and sitting here in this easy chair sleeping till the game starts."
Old 12-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #510
larryinlc
Angry Packer Fan

First Name: Larry
Trading: (15)
larryinlc has disabled reputation

Alright, will someone please volunteer to win the NFC North.
larryinlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #511
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I don't think it matters, Larry, I am guessing neither the Packers nor the Bears will go far in the postseason.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #512
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Well, I am glad that Packers will be representing the NFC North in the playoffs. However, will they go anywhere other than to the locker room after the game?

I would love to have an answer for our defense, but that has been a problem for a few years now, they have been a sieve.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:11 AM   #513
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

All the talk today is on whether Aaron Rogers is gay. I guess there's some back story to all this. Have these stories been in the press in your locale?
Old 01-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #514
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
All the talk today is on whether Aaron Rogers is gay. I guess there's some back story to all this. Have these stories been in the press in your locale?
I have never heard any of this before this whole flap. Given that I have a member whose brother is a part of the team staff with the Packers, I think that would have come out before.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #515
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
This comes from Aaron's Tuesday radio show where he was asked the pitfalls of celebrity. He answered in generalities and the "gay" question was never asked but just an example he used. It may have been said with tongue firmly in cheek.

"I really, really like women."

Dating Mila Kunis in the past, I would think qualifies his answer, cause she seems to be of the right gender.

So if there's a backstory, it hasn't shown up here.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #516
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
"I really, really like women."

Dating Mila Kunis in the past, I would think qualifies his answer, cause she seems to be of the right gender.

So if there's a backstory, it hasn't shown up here.
They were making fun of the whole situation on two different radio stations this morning in Boston. When someone says something about him, no answer Aaron give is going stop speculation.

I had never heard of this until this morning either.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #517
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Thread Revival...

Packers looking pretty good at home today against the Panthers, with a half time score of 28 - 3.

Positive note: Packer defensive personnel appear to be tackling low (for a change)
Old 10-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #518
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Arrrrggg! So its now 35 - 3 Packers, and Fox decides to change over to the Seattle at St Louis game
Old 10-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #519
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Sorry to hear about your televised loss. It was a good game. I am a bit worried about the fact that they seem to lose their drive after halftime, losing momentum into the 4th quarter.

Peace of The Lord be with you.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #520
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

GAME DAY, SUNDAY NOV 30
PATRIOTS VS PACKERS...