Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #1401
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NHL '08- '09 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
doubt it. it was very dirty. The end of the game is why no one but ducks fans likes the ducks style of play. They are a dirty team at times. It was very sad to see that. dont expect any suspensions though. Apparently the league has decided they wont suspend anyone this year.
Colin Campbell will suspend a Bruin in a heart beat, the guy bleeds ranger red and blue
Old 05-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #1402
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I would have said it first, but I would have been called a homer
What a homer thing to say...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #1403
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

I can only assume your homer comment ws directed at me as I was the only person to use the word.

I would like to say there is nothing wrong with being a fan and backing your team. Thats exactly what a fan does. A homer is one who ignores the negative aspects of what there team does and sees anything against them as bias or being screwed.

That was the point I was trying to make prior.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #1404
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

joe shhhhhhhhhhhhh. You should B busy getting my sticks ready for there cross county trip.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #1405
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
joe shhhhhhhhhhhhh. You should B busy getting my sticks ready for there cross county trip.
What a homer thing to say...

Old 05-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #1406
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

gonch back in the line up. I love playoff hockey
Old 05-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #1407
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
gonch back in the line up. I love playoff hockey
You should really be loving this one. I don't know who this team is that is playing the Penguins, but I am not sure how they got this far.

As I type, 4-0. Wow.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #1408
jamesb3

Damn that sucks! So much for Overchokin' and the Caps. Stick a fork in them cuz they look like there done.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #1409
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

If they win tomorrow, it looks like the Bruins got the team that they wanted. The Caps gave us hell this year.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #1410
jamesb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
If they win tomorrow, it looks like the Bruins got the team that they wanted. The Caps gave us hell this year.
As much as I hate to say this, wether it be Boston or Carolina, they will face a very tough, determined and confident Pens team.

Damn it made me sick just to say that!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #1411
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

man 5-1 and I thought Sid was greg louganis(sp) there for a second bought saw a bloody noise I thought.

OOOO man dagger in the heart 6-1 Sid with the death blow. I love how when the crownd was booing him after the high stick he looked like he was going to cry. QQ MFer QQ
Old 05-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #1412
taltos
Really, really old

taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb3 View Post
As much as I hate to say this, wether it be Boston or Carolina, they will face a very tough, determined and confident Pens team.

That is true but whomever the Pens play won't exactly be short in the toughness and determination category.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #1413
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
man 5-1 and I thought Sid was greg louganis(sp) there for a second bought saw a bloody noise I thought.

OOOO man dagger in the heart 6-1 Sid with the death blow. I love how when the crownd was booing him after the high stick he looked like he was going to cry. QQ MFer QQ
here, let me smack you in the face with a hockey stick and we'll see how you react
Old 05-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #1414
glassjapan
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (11)
glassjapan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb3 View Post
tell me about it...

but...

Let me congratulate the Penguins and their fans on a great game tonight. They played like a team in both ends of the rink and outplayed the Caps in every phase of the game. Let's hope the Canes can do the same tomorrow night!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #1415
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjapan View Post
tell me about it...

but...

Let me congratulate the Penguins and their fans on a great game tonight. They played like a team in both ends of the rink and outplayed the Caps in every phase of the game. Let's hope the Canes can do the same tomorrow night!
Hope the 'Canes play well... win or lose.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #1416
taltos
Really, really old

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
I have a feeling that the Canes will give quite a good showing tomorrow night.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #1417
jamesb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
I have a feeling that the Canes will give quite a good showing tomorrow night.
Should be a great game. Hopefully a little more interesting and closer than tonights laugher.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #1418
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I can only assume your homer comment ws directed at me as I was the only person to use the word.

I would like to say there is nothing wrong with being a fan and backing your team. Thats exactly what a fan does. A homer is one who ignores the negative aspects of what there team does and sees anything against them as bias or being screwed.

That was the point I was trying to make prior.
I know I know. My point was that since Tom is in Chicago and a Hawks fan, he can call out the Ducks for a few cheapshots. I was poking fun at you suggesting that because I live in Metro Detroit and am a Wings fan, you would have called me a homer. Obviously I don't know it for a fact, I was just throwing a little jab in good fun.

P.S. for the record I do not think I am a homer. I AM a huge fan but I do not blindly assume my team deserves every call. I applaud good plays and good calls against my team when it's appropriate. For example, the Wings got smoked in Game 6. They had about 5-6 minutes of good play the whole game. The Ducks were the better team. The Wings offensive talent almost bailed them out in the last 30 seconds but they deserved to lose that game.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #1419
bugmenot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tony
Trading: (4)
bugmenot is on a distinguished road

I think the Ducks play at the end was not surprising. EXCEPT for niedermayer, who threw that elbow. Never would have expected something like that from him, but I guess when you are on a team with a bunch of other cheap shot artists, and the king of them all, Pronger, you learn their trade. Shame, as I never thought he would do something like that.

I think Perry pisses me off the most. He has done a few things this playoffs which I thought deserved at least an extra look, and a fine, and he got off with nothing. Maybe the Wings have someone to go after him? I expect zero suspensions as it was game 6, AND it was niedermayer. I hate the NHL for its inconsistency on things like this. They set everything up with the Brashear hit, and I feel after that stopped caring.

Didn't get to see the Caps/Pens game, but what a blowout. I WILL find a way to see the Wings/Ducks game, as the Wings should be coming out hard after that embarrassment from last game.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 AM   #1420
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!