Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
newlifetaxidermy

Default My Father Source?

I know there was some craziness that happened a couple weeks ago about obtaining a cheap source for illusiones. But, since Pepin does not set prices like Dion, I don't think asking this is a problem. I am looking for the best price on a box of my father (either lanceros or cervantes). I know Atlantic has good prices, but they are out of stock. Can anybody recommend another source that sells them at a good price and has them in stock? PMs are probably best. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation
Default Re: My Father Source?

Can I get a PM too.
theonlybear4CORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

Try checking here, under "My Father" (page 217):

http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webap...pper-62509.pdf

Looks like most places that have them are about the same price. No doubt shipping charges will be the deciding factor.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
newlifetaxidermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin5 View Post
Try checking here, under "My Father" (page 217):

http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webap...pper-62509.pdf

Looks like most places that have them are about the same price. No doubt shipping charges will be the deciding factor.
I have found them for much cheaper than that, but not at any place that has them in stock.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

http://www.thepartysource.com/cigars.php

E-mail these guys...I don't see them listed on the web site but I know they had them last month in the store.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
joetownhound
EYH Survivor

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (18)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
joetownhound will become famous soon enough

www.tampahumidor.com if not in stock they will get them
Old 07-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #7
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Are all these domestic, non-cuban "source" posts necessary?

Check out this thread, there are plenty of recommendations:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1612
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy View Post
I have found them for much cheaper than that, but not at any place that has them in stock.
Well, if I had a shop & didn't have them in stock, I'd offer them at less, too!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:

This tactic by retailers always makes me shake my head...

I can't beat that price! I am selling two boxes for a limited time for only ONE DOLLAR.

Sorry, though... they are "out of stock." Oh, and no rainchecks.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
newlifetaxidermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
This tactic by retailers always makes me shake my head...

I can't beat that price! I am selling two boxes for a limited time for only ONE DOLLAR.

Sorry, though... they are "out of stock." Oh, and no rainchecks.

This is one of the more respected shops and the price is not a sale price. They have back ordered the size I want from the vendor, but its been 3 weeks already.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
newlifetaxidermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post

I would not have posted had I not done my homework already. Prices on these vary quite a bit (as much as $70 per box in some cases).
Old 07-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #12
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

Isn't the answer to the question: Your grandmother?

Love these. Have 5 lanceros resting in the humi.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Nothing wrong with a brother looking for a good price. Cigarspider.com used to be a good source, but the site has been down for a while.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #14
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
I know there was some craziness that happened a couple weeks ago about obtaining a cheap source for illusiones. But, since Pepin does not set prices like Dion, I don't think asking this is a problem. I am looking for the best price on a box of my father (either lanceros or cervantes). I know Atlantic has good prices, but they are out of stock. Can anybody recommend another source that sells them at a good price and has them in stock? PMs are probably best. Thanks in advance.
have you talked to Hal at Empire in Raleigh? I know he has them in stock and has been pretty good about reasonable prices on boxes.

All comes down to how quickly you want them... like anything else, if you can wait for your great low-price vendor to get the price you want - cool! If not, you pay a little more for the speed and convenience.

Wish you well!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
Bama In Tampa

Smile Re: My Father Source?

Nice Ash Cigars has My Father lanceros in stock for $147.14 (box of 23). I don't know how that compares with the prices you've been seeing, but Nice Ash Cigars are usually very competitive when compared to other online cigar stores.

If you find them less expensive, let us all know.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I would not have posted had I not done my homework already. Prices on these vary quite a bit (as much as $70 per box in some cases).
Then why not get the one that's the lowest on the scale then? There are various shops on that list that I know for a fact have some of the best prices in the country, especially if they're shipping out of state.

I'm not breaking your balls, this is just the third post in a week or so asking for domestic "sources", just gets a little repetitive that's all. The sticky was made so everyone here has a list of some reputable online shops with great prices. Utilize it and you'll likely be able to walk away with a great deal every buying experience and maybe even find a "go-to" shop for all your buying needs.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #17
aerochris
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (7)
aerochris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Then why not get the one that's the lowest on the scale then? There are various shops on that list that I know for a fact have some of the best prices in the country, especially if they're shipping out of state.

I'm not breaking your balls, this is just the third post in a week or so asking for domestic "sources", just gets a little repetitive that's all. The sticky was made so everyone here has a list of some reputable online shops with great prices. Utilize it and you'll likely be able to walk away with a great deal every buying experience and maybe even find a "go-to" shop for all your buying needs.
I realize there is a great sticky up there with a lot of good sources. However, looking through all those sources and doing a Google search does not mean you will find the best price available on a box of cigars. Maybe some of you have enough disposable income to just roll the dice and not bother asking your fellow BOTL if they have a good source. However, for me, in this economy, saving $20 on a box of cigars is worth a lot.

You never know when someone on this board has run onto a deal. Maybe they wouldn't normally share it unless a post was made about the particular cigar they found a deal on.

I really think there have been many more repetitive posts made about the Ronson Jetlite than there have been posts about sources for NC's.

For me, this community is about helping each other. I have received lots of help from BOTL's and have tried to give help as well.

To answer the OP's question: Try The Party Source for this cigar.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
newlifetaxidermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerochris View Post
i realize there is a great sticky up there with a lot of good sources. However, looking through all those sources and doing a google search does not mean you will find the best price available on a box of cigars. Maybe some of you have enough disposable income to just roll the dice and not bother asking your fellow botl if they have a good source. However, for me, in this economy, saving $20 on a box of cigars is worth a lot.

You never know when someone on this board has run onto a deal. Maybe they wouldn't normally share it unless a post was made about the particular cigar they found a deal on.

I really think there have been many more repetitive posts made about the ronson jetlite than there have been posts about sources for nc's.

For me, this community is about helping each other. I have received lots of help from botl's and have tried to give help as well.

To answer the op's question: Try the party source for this cigar.

my thoughts exactly
Old 07-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
PortlandCigarClub

I'm currently sitting in Tim's Great Cigars at 238th & Halsey in Wood Village, OR and he's putting them on the shelves right now. He also has some great 6 pack gift boxes of them for about $65. If you haven't been to Tim's, you've gotta come in here.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #20
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXCigarClub View Post
I'm currently sitting in Tim's Great Cigars at 238th & Halsey in Wood Village, OR and he's putting them on the shelves right now. He also has some great 6 pack gift boxes of them for about $65. If you haven't been to Tim's, you've gotta come in here.

Dude lives in NC...that would be quite a road trip.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote